Author Topic: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Free agents - frenzy and feast  (Read 91555 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. All-Stars !! ?? ??
« Reply #350 on: February 08, 2019, 12:47:49 PM »
Up until a couple weeks ago, it had been such a dismal season for Blues fans and so it feels great to celebrate again, largely thanks to a rookie goalie determined to make a good first impression.

their team game has been on point the last 15-20 games or so. Even the games they've lost aren't in the fashion that they were losing at the beginning of the season. They're still competitive losses and losses where they were playing well....just....someone has to lose.

That shut out against Tampa Bay last night was a great statement game for that team. When you look at it....we've beat Tampa, Nashville, the Jets...Toronto at their home arenas this year. The blues have played well against the 'top' teams this season. But, especially early on....they played 'down' to the teams you just couldn't afford to lose to. that has begun to change a bit.

Like I said....last season the Blues started off on fire....something like 17-5 or along those lines to start the season....then they just fell off the map in January. The hardships that 'we' had to endure at the beginning of the season will be well worth it if they stay hot and keep this great play going for the rest of the season. I'll take that reversal of seasons so to speak.

but...as we've seen....anything can happen and this is the Blues after all...... :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. don't look now, but ...
« Reply #351 on: February 08, 2019, 12:57:48 PM »
Anyone wonder if Tavares is thinking "well fuck me". :lol  Imagine if for some reason the Leafs end up 4th in the Atlantic, and play NYI in the first round.

Pretty soon, it's gonna be predictions time.  The West is bunched up as fuck. I mean shit... even LA is a 4-5 game win streak from being in contention.  East, playoff teams are already separating from the pack.  Carolina and Buffalo are hanging on, but even being 8-1-1 in their last 10, Philly is still 8 points from a Wildcard spot.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pg1067

« Reply #352 on: February 08, 2019, 03:16:46 PM »
The #2 wild card in the west and the last place team in the west (the Kings  :tdwn) are separated by only five points.  I didn't see how many games played each team has, but the next couple months are going to be crazy!  Hopefully the Kings continue playing strong on their Grammy road trip.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #353 on: February 10, 2019, 02:35:45 PM »
Blues shut out Tampa Bay at home....then beat Nashville in back to back home and home games. They’re 12-4–1 in the last 17. Heating up!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #354 on: February 10, 2019, 06:40:16 PM »
Tarasenko with a hattie too!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #355 on: February 11, 2019, 07:56:14 AM »
Blues shut out Tampa Bay at home....then beat Nashville in back to back home and home games. They’re 12-4–1 in the last 17. Heating up!

For sure, but it is hard to let go of that nagging feeling that we Blues fans are still Charlie Brown, and the Blues will continue to play the role of Lucy with the football.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #356 on: February 11, 2019, 09:05:50 AM »
Tarasenko with a hattie too!

I play hockey with a guy who's kids go to the same private school as Tarasenko's. He said a while back.....when the Blues were still just a mess and Tarasenko's name was being mentioned as 'tradeable'......that one day when Tarasenko's wife was dropping their kids off she was a wreck. Just crying and upset and she spoke with this guys wife and was upset because she loves St. Louis....loves the schools....etc etc and was scare he was going to get traded.

It wasn't but a game or two later when the team started playing better and Tarasenko caught fire. He has (11) goals in his last (16) games....been playing the best two way game I've seen him play as a Blue.

I think a wife's "motivation" may go ten times further than any coach or ownership group  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #357 on: February 11, 2019, 09:06:37 AM »

For sure, but it is hard to let go of that nagging feeling that we Blues fans are still Charlie Brown, and the Blues will continue to play the role of Lucy with the football.

Yeah....very true. But I'll keep running up to kick that freaking ball every time  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #358 on: February 11, 2019, 10:57:23 AM »
Damn... that kid in net last night for NYR STOLE the game.  56 shots against by the Leafs, including a lot of very good PP looks.  Man it's frustrating to routinely see the Leafs either mail it in against lesser teams, or run into them on a night when they are punching WAY above their weight class.  Now they're off on a 4-game western swing.  Last time they played the Avalanche in the middle of a 6-came losing streak, the Leafs were just the cure that ailed them.  I'm hoping the Leafs can come back with 5 or 6 points from this stretch.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #359 on: February 15, 2019, 04:59:06 AM »
W8 for the Blues.  How did this team play so shit for so long?  Is it really all on Allen?  I mean, Binnington is 11-1-1.

Tampa looks un-fucking-stoppable.  They absolutely embarrass teams.

Jets in a bit of a slump.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #360 on: February 15, 2019, 08:57:31 AM »
W8 for the Blues.  How did this team play so shit for so long?  Is it really all on Allen?  I mean, Binnington is 11-1-1.

Team plays completely different in front of any goalie not named Jake Allen. They played better in front of Brian Elliot, player better in front of Carter Hutton....now Binnington came in and lit a spark.

They can say all the right things about ‘liking’ Jake Allen and he’s still the goalie or whatever.....but actions speak louder than words. It’s clear as day that they play different....more reserved....when Allen is in net because they have no confidence that he can make the saves he’s ‘supposed’ to.

Also, Tarasenko is playing some of the best hockey I’ve seen him play as a Blue. His two way play has been incredible. His confidence is off the charts right now and it’s rubbed off on the entire team.

It’s fun to watch right now. Trying to temper my excitement though. It’s still the Blues.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #361 on: February 15, 2019, 09:00:21 AM »
I'm glad Tarasenko came around - I'm one of the few people that have him in my pool.  Though, I'm in 9th place, but still 100 points behind the leader.  Shane Gosthe-howeverthefuckyouspellhisname is killing me.  What a disappointment he's been after a 65 point campaign last year.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #362 on: February 15, 2019, 08:56:35 PM »
So watching the Bruins game tonight and between periods...

...Chad, you may like this...

They showed Mitch Marner taking a Valentine's picture with a young girl in the front row. That's awesome.

I don't think he's a $10M player, but I do love Marner.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #363 on: February 15, 2019, 09:07:44 PM »
Yeah, saw that on NHL.com this morning. The look of pure joy and thrill in her face was truly priceless.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #364 on: February 16, 2019, 04:40:03 AM »
The Oil relieve Talbot's salary.  Hopefully he can do good for the Flyers.  I'm sure he's thrilled to get out of the Edmonton shit-show.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #365 on: February 16, 2019, 12:48:05 PM »
The Oil relieve Talbot's salary.  Hopefully he can do good for the Flyers.  I'm sure he's thrilled to get out of the Edmonton shit-show.

Yeah, he was definitely needing out after the Koskinen signing. It's really frustrating to see that your team's management group is likely the least competent management team the league has seen in a decade. They also re-aquired Sam Gagner today, and he may even be in the lineup tonight. He's probably still a serviceable player at a $4M cap hit, but it feels like the same old not-so-merry-go-round.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #366 on: February 16, 2019, 04:23:19 PM »
That’s (9) in a row for the Blues. Just blanked the Avalanche  @ Colorado 3-0. Tarasenko with anothe goal and a 11 game point streak.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #367 on: February 16, 2019, 04:26:09 PM »
That’s (9) in a row for the Blues. Just blanked the Avalanche  @ Colorado 3-0. Tarasenko with anothe goal and a 11 game point streak.

Tuesday is gonna be fun!  Guess I'll have to watch it live so we can chat back and forth.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #368 on: February 16, 2019, 04:43:41 PM »

Tuesday is gonna be fun!  Guess I'll have to watch it live so we can chat back and forth.

Bruins in St. Louis next week too.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #369 on: February 16, 2019, 04:44:25 PM »

For sure. From this point forward as long as the Blues just don’t give games away and are competitive in their losses I’ll be happy.

Boston will be a fun one also.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #370 on: February 17, 2019, 04:27:17 AM »
Speaking of giving away games... It's more than a little maddening to routinely see the Leafs play 'down' to their competition.  2 losses to the Coyotes this year, can't put  more than 15 shots on goal thru 50 minutes of play; get shutout by the team with the fewest home points in the NHL.  Now they're a point behind Boston... the only good thing is that Boston has a brutal 5-game stretch... Sharks (twice), Knights, Blues, and Bolts.

:zeltar:

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #371 on: February 17, 2019, 10:35:20 AM »
Gonna be a sad week for us Senators fans. I have a feeling Stone will be traded, and Duchene definitely is getting traded. Melnyk is such a horrendous owner.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #372 on: February 17, 2019, 11:27:56 AM »
Speaking of giving away games... It's more than a little maddening to routinely see the Leafs play 'down' to their competition.  2 losses to the Coyotes this year, can't put  more than 15 shots on goal thru 50 minutes of play; get shutout by the team with the fewest home points in the NHL.  Now they're a point behind Boston... the only good thing is that Boston has a brutal 5-game stretch... Sharks (twice), Knights, Blues, and Bolts.

:zeltar:

Leafs have a game in hand too.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #373 on: February 17, 2019, 01:43:11 PM »
Yeah well... if you don't win those games, doesn't matter who's hand they're in.  Last 15 games.... 8-6-1, with 6 of those losses at the hands of the Coyotes (2x), Rangers, Red Wings, Panthers, and Avs.  The only respectable loss was to the Bruins 5 weeks back.  I mean, they should've converted at least 1/2 of those games.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #374 on: February 17, 2019, 01:44:20 PM »
Yeah well... if you don't win those games, doesn't matter who's hand they're in.  Last 15 games.... 8-6-1, with 6 of those losses at the hands of the Coyotes (2x), Rangers, Red Wings, Panthers, and Avs.  The only respectable loss was to the Bruins 5 weeks back.  I mean, they should've converted at least 1/2 of those games.

Describes the Celtics season.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #375 on: February 17, 2019, 03:52:27 PM »
Make that 10 in a row for the Blues. Just blanked Minnesota in Minnesota 4-0. Ties franchise record for win streak.

Should be a fun one Tuesday Chad  :tup

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #376 on: February 17, 2019, 05:43:19 PM »
Make that 10 in a row for the Blues. Just blanked Minnesota in Minnesota 4-0. Ties franchise record for win streak.

If the Leafs keep up their MO by playing to the level of their competition, it should be.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #377 on: February 17, 2019, 06:01:42 PM »

And 3rd shutout in a row! Amazing.

The ride won't last forever, so I am just going to keep enjoying this while it lasts. :coolio :hat

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #378 on: February 17, 2019, 06:16:06 PM »
I'm hoping the bubble will burst on Tuesday.  :biggrin:

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #379 on: February 17, 2019, 06:59:00 PM »
I'm hoping the bubble will burst on Tuesday.  :biggrin:

It’ll be a good one for sure. I know the Blues will be motivated to set the consecutive wins record and not settle for being tied.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #380 on: February 19, 2019, 05:27:44 PM »
Devils season is and has been shot, but at least Corey Schneider is looking like an NHL goalie again and hopefully finally getting back to form after his hip surgery. Did at least enjoy the video they put together for 90s Night tonight

https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/1097911193338040321
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #381 on: February 19, 2019, 06:33:29 PM »
Good guys 1, Chad's Team 0.

:P :biggrin:

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #382 on: February 19, 2019, 06:39:51 PM »
Pretty heavy, physical game going on also. Been a few nice hits.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #383 on: February 19, 2019, 06:47:47 PM »
2-0!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni