Author Topic: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Free agents - frenzy and feast  (Read 92355 times)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Re: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Best of three for Lord Stanley's mug
« Reply #1400 on: June 06, 2019, 09:08:18 PM »
One win away. The fans in St. Louis on Sunday are gonna be nuts. The Blues need to match that energy and not have a letdown.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1401 on: June 06, 2019, 09:08:29 PM »
The Bruins blew this big time. The Blues were solid AF, but the Bruins just didn't play desperate enough. I expect them to bring it on Sunday.

Ehh....Blues played pretty friggin good. The Bruins played good but Blues have continued to hold their top players pointless in even strength. (1) empty net point for your top line this series.

And....now all we will hear about is how the Bruins were screwed by a non call. There were non calls abound tonight.....including the three pick/interference plays the Bruins ran after the Perron goal.

As our wonderful Canadian buddy reminded me when the Blues were hosted on the hand pass....Cup Winning teams over come crap like that. The Bruins very well could run off two wins in a row.....but it’s a shame that all will be talked about is the “ non call” and not the fact that for a large chunk of that game the Blues controlled it.

15 down 1 to go
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1403 on: June 06, 2019, 09:15:23 PM »
Lol. All teams have dumb fans. 

Btw, time for the B's to pull a Berube and complain about the officiating to sway the next game. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1404 on: June 06, 2019, 09:16:30 PM »
Backes had plenty of time tonight to get his crying all set and ready. :P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1405 on: June 06, 2019, 09:18:15 PM »
Lol. Btw, is it time to give Coyle & Johansen (17 minutes) more ice time than Marchand and Pasta(21 mintes)?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1406 on: June 06, 2019, 09:18:56 PM »

Civil War Schwartz
@GenSchwartz
·
13m
Beloved

We have sacked the town,  we return to St Louis in haste to head off a contingency of Bostonians who have evaded Col O'Reillys forces and escaped the city.

We must defend St Louis

To victory to Glory

Yours
Jaden
#stlblues

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1407 on: June 06, 2019, 09:19:07 PM »
Btw, time for the B's to pull a Berube and complain about the officiating to sway the next game.

When they do make sure they include the (3) pick/interference plays they ran after the Perron goal that weren't called.....or the trip twenty seconds they did before the Bozak non call :lol 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1408 on: June 06, 2019, 09:20:09 PM »
Even Bruins fans hate Bruins fans. :lol :lol :lol :lol

https://twitter.com/hochman/status/1136825510099587072?s=21

I find it humorous that they resorted to blows after the beer was chucked.  Also, the guy that chucked the beer had a nice hold on his opponent.

Also, this is really the question to really take note of that I saw in the replys.

How can people this stupid afford Stanley Cup final tickets?

One more point to tie this all together, as the fight broke out, Stone Cold Steve Austin's theme song was blasting (I don't know if that was a fan edit or the actual PA).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1409 on: June 06, 2019, 09:23:34 PM »

When they do make sure they include the (3) pick/interference plays they ran after the Perron goal that weren't called.....or the trip twenty seconds they did before the Bozak non call :lol

Those don't count. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1410 on: June 06, 2019, 09:25:02 PM »

One more point to tie this all together, as the fight broke out, Stone Cold Steve Austin's theme song was blasting (I don't know if that was a fan edit or the actual PA).

Someone needs to edit it so "Why Can't We Be Friends?" is playing along to it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1411 on: June 06, 2019, 09:26:18 PM »
Wow.

Cassidy is saying that since the Blues complained about the officiating,  the calls have changed.   You never hear that from a coach.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1412 on: June 06, 2019, 09:27:14 PM »

Those don't count. :lol

In all seriousness I'm bummed about the non call because I'd have rather them went on the PP....us shut them down again....then that'd have forced the pundits to give the Blues credit for keeping the Bruins top line off the board....again...(1pt this series on an empty net goal) given them a chance to talk about how lights out Binnington was.....and how the Blues played a heck of a game.

ALL we will hear for two days now is how Boston was cheated out of that game by that non call. Had the dude not tried to flop and sell it more it'd have been called....it's on him IMO.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1413 on: June 06, 2019, 09:28:50 PM »
It is best to avoid the media for the next day, since they all be crying about how poor Boston got screwed.  These will be the same douches who said nothing when Boston was getting all of the calls in the first two games.  Tonight was sweet justice.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1414 on: June 06, 2019, 09:30:06 PM »
Wow.

Cassidy is saying that since the Blues complained about the officiating,  the calls have changed.   You never hear that from a coach.

Difference is Berube was asked about the officiating. He didn't bring it up.....it was a question 'to' him. I think his track record and the Blues thus far in these playoffs after the 'unfortunate' calls/non calls that went against them of just shutting up and playing on shows he wasn't complaining...just answering a question.

Besides....Boston has nothing to complain about when it comes to getting power plays and getting penalties called on them. It's been an uncanny reversal of fortune for them in the playoffs compared to how it was for them in the regular season.

Let them complain for all I care...it shows they're not moving on.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1415 on: June 06, 2019, 09:31:02 PM »
Yeah.  Very true. You will. I was shocked to hear our coach say what he said.

Edit: He was asked about the officiating and he responded.   It was very candid by him.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1416 on: June 06, 2019, 09:32:35 PM »
  These will be the same douches who said nothing when Boston was getting all of the calls in the first two games.  Tonight was sweet justice.

And the same folks who just said 'it happens' when (6) officials missed a blatant hand pass....then it was just forgotten about in the medias eyes. Or the same people who wouldn't even show a second of screen time when Boston scored with (6) people on the ice on the PP......or the two handed lumber jack chop from Chara that would have given the Blues a 5 on 3 for 90 seconds down by 1 goal with 5 minutes to go in the game.

I mean...see....we could do this all night.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1417 on: June 06, 2019, 09:33:55 PM »
Edit: He was asked about the officiating and he responded.   It was very candid by him.

Then that was his job as a coach. He was asked....he clearly needed to address it. He's going to be asked 1000 more times over the next two day. Here's hoping to him pulling a Berube and saying it's over...on to game 6.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1418 on: June 06, 2019, 09:35:35 PM »
I expected it but what he said and not going we need to get better was surprising.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1419 on: June 07, 2019, 04:58:44 AM »
I had no problem with Cassidy's response in the pressroom last night.  He was asked (1st question) about the non-call.  He was level-headed, and pointed out MANY of the questionable calls in the entire playoffs, and basically insinuated that teams (and fans) expect to see the highest level of officiating at this time of year, and that hasn't been the case - and that's something the league needs to address.  There was also a passing reference that the officiating 'changed' after "our opponent" made mention of it in the media.  Cassidy is a class-act, and his response was just fine.

I don't buy in to Gary's view that it would've been called if not for Acciari 'selling' it.  If the refs believed that, then it would've been off-setting penalties for tripping and embellishment.  Bottom line - it was a blatant missed call.  Even Bozak knew it was a penalty by his reaction - accidental, yes... but a penalty none-the-less.  Gary/Kev, you'd be losing your shit if it was the other way around.  Tim/Joe, you two are taking it like men.  Sure you're not Canadian?   :biggrin:

Bruins had their chances to get it back, but Winnington stoned 'em.  He's the MVP of that game by a country mile.

And wtf with that twitter vid - I expect that out of Philly, but not Boston.

No way B's lose game 6 & 7? :lol

You're right... cuz when they lose game 6, there is no game 7.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1420 on: June 07, 2019, 05:19:38 AM »
 :lol

Hey, got to give the Blues credit. They are shutting down our #1 line.  They have been physical and they haven't fought through the physicality.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1421 on: June 07, 2019, 05:42:16 AM »
Call me a homer, but if you watch the play again, it is easy to see why it was not called a penalty. Bozak actually played the puck a millisecond before making contact with the Boston player.  He had knocked him over like he did without playing the puck, it absolutely would have been called, but since he played the puck, it was not. The last time I checked, you are allowed to check the guy who is playing the puck, at least that is what I was told after that hit on Robert Thomas in Game 1.

Either way, the Blues won, and to paraphrase Bill Belichick, we move on to Game 6. :biggrin:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1422 on: June 07, 2019, 05:59:45 AM »
Call me a homer, but if you watch the play again, it is easy to see why it was not called a penalty. Bozak actually played the puck a millisecond before making contact with the Boston player.  He had knocked him over like he did without playing the puck, it absolutely would have been called, but since he played the puck, it was not. The last time I checked, you are allowed to check the guy who is playing the puck, at least that is what I was told after that hit on Robert Thomas in Game 1.

Either way, the Blues won, and to paraphrase Bill Belichick, we move on to Game 6. :biggrin:

Oh dear lord... seriously!?!?!? If that was Acciari doing it to Bozak, you'd have lost your shit, cookies, and marbles all at once.  Stop looking at it with homer eyes to justify it.  Call it for what it was - a blatant missed call.

Bruins - hell, Acciari himself - have moved on from it (per your last statement) to focus on Game 6.  So should you.  Just take the win (on the call, and the game itself).
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1423 on: June 07, 2019, 06:00:59 AM »
I just said we are moving on to Game 6.  :tup :tup

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1424 on: June 07, 2019, 06:01:44 AM »
I just said we are moving on to Game 6.  :tup :tup

But first, Game 4 of the NBA.  :caffeine:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1425 on: June 07, 2019, 06:02:31 AM »
Exactly.  Since Monday, the Bruins and Warriors are a combined 0-3.  I call that a good week by any standard. :coolio :hat

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1427 on: June 07, 2019, 06:40:34 AM »
Completely missed call. No question about it. But I think it’s ‘justice’ that it was missed given the crap that has been leveled against the Blues these playoffs.....and in Game #1 of the series.

Chad’s right......Joe and Tim are handling that WAY better than I would have  :lol   But the difference is on the scale of what’s ‘gone right’ as far as calls/non calls and what’s ‘gone wrong’ for the Bruins.....the scale is still tipped in their favor so I can understand their acceptance.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1428 on: June 07, 2019, 07:17:42 AM »
It's really hard to keep "Joe Smash" from coming out. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1429 on: June 07, 2019, 07:25:15 AM »

Chad’s right......Joe and Tim are handling that WAY better than I would have  :lol   But the difference is on the scale of what’s ‘gone right’ as far as calls/non calls and what’s ‘gone wrong’ for the Bruins.....the scale is still tipped in their favor so I can understand their acceptance.

Exactly.  Joe and Tim are smart enough to know their team had gotten some major calls/missed calls go their way in the first two games, so to complain big time about last night would come off as hilariously hypocritical, and they know it. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1430 on: June 07, 2019, 07:38:05 AM »
I need a keyboard to properly respond but other than the Too Many Men, I have no idea what you’re referring to.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1431 on: June 07, 2019, 07:40:34 AM »
Okay, Joe is smart enough... :lol :lol :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1432 on: June 07, 2019, 07:43:56 AM »
I need a keyboard to properly respond but other than the Too Many Men, I have no idea what you’re referring to.

The other huge one was Charas slash/ lumber jack chop on Bozaks stick that broke it in two when the Blues were on the power play. That’s an automatic penalty. Every time. That’d had put the Blues on a 5 on 3 for 90 seconds, down by one with 6 minutes or so left in the game. Two HUGE F you’s to the Blues that game.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1433 on: June 07, 2019, 07:54:53 AM »
Right the slashed stick. They’ve actually let that go all series.

There was another instance where the Bruins were on a PP or it was a delayed PP and I think the same thing or something similar happened. I remember thinking they should have a 5 on 3.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1434 on: June 07, 2019, 08:03:52 AM »
Right the slashed stick. They’ve actually let that go all series.

not slashed....broken....in two pieces...while defending on a PK.