Author Topic: Your concerts for 2019  (Read 30392 times)

Offline Nachtmerrie

Re: Your concerts for 2019
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2018, 07:43:49 AM »
March;
Neal Morse Band in Tilburg
Haken in Zoetermeer

Prognosis Festival in Eindhoven (my hometown). It's a new progfestival and the bands they announced so far are amazing.
Haken, Soen among others were confirmed and this week they added Leprous, Tesseract and The Gathering.
Leprous will play the Congregation entirely.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2018, 07:49:22 AM »
Just bought tickets for Avantasia in Milan! :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2018, 07:36:24 AM »
Some recent announcements from Kiss, Ozzy & Megadeth, and Dream Theater has some things shaping up now:

February 25h - Disturbed and Three Days Grace @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY
March 27th - Kiss @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY
April 10th - Dream Theater @ Count Basie Theatre, Red Bank NJ
April 12th - Dream Theater @ Beacon Theatre? New York City NY
June 11th - Ozzy and Megadeth @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY
September 4-7 - ProgPower USA 20 @ Center Stage, Atlanta GA
September 14th - Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, & Battle Beast @ Terminal 5, New York City NY
September 20th - Delain, Amorphis, & Anneke Van Giersbergen @ Irving Plaza, New York City NY

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2018, 02:09:18 PM »
Just bought tix for KISS at Madison Square Garden on March 27, 2019. 

It's my first time seeing them live since their original Farewell Tour.  Once they were done with the original 4, I was done, too.  For some reason, I always hoped my daughter (now 11 years old) would get to see them live.  But, since she's not big on concerts, she has never wanted to go.  Since this is the "End Of The Road", I figured I'd ask her.  She said she'd like to go.  So, my daughter, wife and I are going to see them.  Didn't get raped too badly for Section 202, Row 5 ($95 + $25 in "convenience charges" per ticket).  In any given section, the first 2-3 rows cost twice as much as the rest of the section.  Total bullshit!  I hope I'm not disappointed.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2018, 02:13:16 PM »
Just bought tix for KISS at Madison Square Garden on March 27, 2019. 

It's my first time seeing them live since their original Farewell Tour.  Once they were done with the original 4, I was done, too.  For some reason, I always hoped my daughter (now 11 years old) would get to see them live.  But, since she's not big on concerts, she has never wanted to go.  Since this is the "End Of The Road", I figured I'd ask her.  She said she'd like to go.  So, my daughter, wife and I are going to see them.  Didn't get raped too badly for Section 202, Row 5 ($95 + $25 in "convenience charges" per ticket).  In any given section, the first 2-3 rows cost twice as much as the rest of the section.  Total bullshit!  I hope I'm not disappointed.

I'm annoyed I wasn't available when they went on sale so I paid on stubhub this morning for my ticket, up in the Chase Bridge 300s which I really like to sit up there and feel those tickets are always undervalued personally.  I paid $150 after fees which sucks because I could have gotten them for less, but oh well.  I've never seen Kiss and I've wanted to check them out for years. 

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2018, 02:28:40 PM »
I'm annoyed I wasn't available when they went on sale so I paid on stubhub this morning for my ticket, up in the Chase Bridge 300s which I really like to sit up there and feel those tickets are always undervalued personally.  I paid $150 after fees which sucks because I could have gotten them for less, but oh well.  I've never seen Kiss and I've wanted to check them out for years.
I was wondering what the Chase Bridge 300's were.  I've never sat there.  Is it a decent view?  Section 202 should be perfect for when Paul comes out to his little stage for Love Gun.  There was all kinds of fuckery going on with the tix.  I can't believe they charge an extra $20 for sitting in an aisle seat.  Not sure if MSG does that for all shows.  But, I know KISS isn't the only show where that's happened. 

I think this will be my 10th time seeing them.  I'm psyched to see them play 25 songs.  I just hope Paul's voice holds out until NYC.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2018, 02:38:53 PM »
I was wondering what the Chase Bridge 300's were.  I've never sat there.  Is it a decent view?  Section 202 should be perfect for when Paul comes out to his little stage for Love Gun.  There was all kinds of fuckery going on with the tix.  I can't believe they charge an extra $20 for sitting in an aisle seat.  Not sure if MSG does that for all shows.  But, I know KISS isn't the only show where that's happened. 

I think this will be my 10th time seeing them.  I'm psyched to see them play 25 songs.  I just hope Paul's voice holds out until NYC.

You are up high, that's the problem, you are actually directly above the 200 level (not like behind and above).  So your angle is more of a downward one, but you can see everything and won't have people in your way.  There's plenty of open space up there and you have more private bars.  It's just a nicer experience than dealing with tight rows of people or having people potentially blocking your view.  Typically the seat is cheaper or the same price as sitting at the top of the 200s so I find it better in value personally.  If you sit up there for a sports game, there's TVs in the seats too which is nice (but I've yet to see the TVs work for a concert).  The bridge was added when MSG went under some upgrades a few years ago so it's a relatively new thing for MSG.

I timestamped this one part in one of my videos where you can see how I enjoy having this extra space (and then you can see the view) https://youtu.be/ogO7PgYNmH8?t=817

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2018, 12:35:35 PM »
Just bought tickets for Riverside so this is my 2019 so far...

2019-02-23 Stockholm Waterfront - Steven Wilson

2019-03-05 Stockholm Nalen - Pineapple Thief

2019-03-31 Stockholm Kraken - Riverside

2019-04-01 Stockholm Skandiascenen - The Neal Morse Band

2019-05-02 Stockholm Fryshuset - Avantasia

2019-09-15 Tillburg 013 - Ayreon

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2018, 01:11:14 PM »
Add Muse to my growing list of 2019 shows. March-something (the Mrs. is tracking it and getting tix, not sure of the date).
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2018, 02:54:21 AM »
Seeing Amorphis + Soilwork in January, hella excited about that one.

Also got tickets to Metalfest Plzen in Plzen, Czech Republic. Lots of good stuff there: Amon Amarth, Powerwolf, HammerFall are the three headliners. That's going to be wild.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2018, 05:06:50 PM »
Got tickets to my first 2019 show:

April 22, 2019 - Dream Theater - Charlotte, NC

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2018, 01:12:13 AM »
I just hope Paul's voice holds out until NYC.

Good luck with that! This is the EXACT reason why I passed. The MSG show is so deep into the dates, Paul will be lucky is he can still sing after the opening song (and I'm being optimistic).

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2018, 03:31:57 PM »
Add Iron Maiden, Muse, and hell, Weird Al to the mix for me.

Casual fan of the latter two, but have never seen them live, so it should be fun.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2018, 03:36:07 PM »
Weird Al could be fun, I used to have a bunch of his albums as a kid, but I do wonder what his live show is like

anyway, here's my updated list to include Iron Maiden and a newly announced show today of Whitesnake.

I'm starting to really like the way my concert year is shaping up.  Lots of big names already have my ticket secured for and they haven't even announced the shows for my local shed for the summer yet.

February 25h - Disturbed and Three Days Grace @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY
April 12th - Dream Theater @ Beacon Theatre, New York City NY
May 7th - Whitesnake @ Starland Ballroom, Sayrevill NJ
July 26th - Iron Maiden @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn NY
September 14th - Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, & Battle Beast @ Terminal 5, New York City NY
September 20th - Delain, Amorphis, & Anneke Van Giersbergen @ Irving Plaza, New York City NY

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2018, 05:41:30 PM »
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
The Monkees Present the Mike and Micky Show
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Fates Warning.Queensryche
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Dream Theater
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Steve Hackett
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House
Saving for a House

Offline earlilano

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2018, 07:00:12 PM »
My shows so far:

March 20 - Dream Theater in San Diego
March 21 - Dream Theater in LA

I'm still debating about purchasing Between the Buried and Me, and Weird Al shows.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2018, 09:34:25 PM »
I'm contemplating going to these shows.  General Sale for both these shows are happening this Friday and I get paid that day, so I may pull the trigger on these shows and these shows will sell out fast.  I may spend up to $200.00 total to get tickets to these.

I Am The Highway - Tribute to Chris Cornell (A special concert where the surviving members of Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Audioslave along with Foo Fighters and Metallica and many others pay tribute to this musician) - The Forum, Inglewood, CA - January 16th, 2019. 

As Chris Cornell's death was really the first musician passing away ever that really really hit me hard, where I read the news on Twitter of his passing right when I woke up and uttered a silent and drowsy NOOOOO.  If I was at work and I found out the news while at work, I really would have shouted NOOOOOO.  I feel like I owe it to myself to try to get tickets to this, but I know this will sell out fast so here's hoping to get lucky.

Iron Maiden with Fozzy and The Raven Age opening - Banc of California Stadium, Los Angeles, CA - September 14th, 2019

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 09:43:20 PM by Anguyen92 »

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2018, 12:19:26 PM »
^^ And I now got the tickets to both shows.  Ended spending less than $170.00 total for these (both seats are in the 200 sections though).  To recap.

I Am The Highway - Tribute to Chris Cornell - The Forum, Inglewood, CA - January 16th, 2019
Switchfoot - Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA - April 5th
Iron Maiden with Fozzy and The Raven Age opening - Banc of California Stadium, Los Angeles, CA - September 14th, 2019

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2018, 02:49:00 PM »
Ok so my tentative list so far...

Riverside
Dream Theater
Avantasia

Good start to the year for sure.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2018, 02:53:04 PM »
Avantasia announced a handful of US dates, I might be traveling to Worcester MA in May to catch that show.  Their NYC show a couple years ago was one of my all time favorite concerts so I really don't want to miss them.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2018, 09:44:31 AM »
Adam wants to go to 4 Dead & Co shows in California, I might tag along just to get out of dodge. No others scheduled yet. I don't think there is a DT date in AZ yet last I looked.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2018, 01:41:10 PM »
Adam wants to go to 4 Dead & Co shows in California, I might tag along just to get out of dodge. No others scheduled yet. I don't think there is a DT date in AZ yet last I looked.

Bay area or LA?

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2018, 02:15:20 PM »

Bay area or LA?

Both. So if I'm tagging along, I'll hit you up for a visit :)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2018, 03:07:53 PM »
Coolio, keep me posted!!!

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2018, 02:42:10 PM »
I guess

Steven Wilson
Haken
The Pineapple Thief
Riverside
The Neal Morse Band
Dream Theater
Animals as leaders

Looks really good to me so far  :coolio

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2018, 07:56:09 PM »
Didn't know Animals as Leaders is touring. They were great when opening for Thrice

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2018, 10:12:38 AM »
Riverside

Thanks for posting this—I had no idea they'd announced a NA tour!
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2018, 11:26:52 PM »

Just recently found out that O.R.K will be supporting The Pineapple Thief. Did not know them but the band includes Colin Edwin and Pat Mastellotto. So on that evening I will get to see two former Porcupine Tree members in two different bands and two current King Crimson drummers in two different bands nice....
Need to listen a bit to O.R.K

2019-02-23 Stockholm Waterfront - Steven Wilson

2019-03-05 Stockholm Nalen - Pineapple Thief / O.R.K

2019-03-31 Stockholm Kraken - Riverside

2019-04-01 Stockholm Skandiascenen - The Neal Morse Band

2019-05-02 Stockholm Fryshuset - Avantasia

2019-09-15 Tillburg 013 - Ayreon

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2018, 08:06:19 AM »

I Am The Highway - Tribute to Chris Cornell - The Forum, Inglewood, CA - January 16th, 2019

I almost got tickets for this. But after looking at the credit card bill for Maiden, Muse, and Weird Al, together on one cycle, thought better of it.  :lol

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2018, 12:52:35 PM »
^^ I looked at my bank statement for the month of November which included tickets to see that show, Maiden, and Switchfoot and I thought to myself, "I'm an idiot for spending this much money, but concerts are the few things that really makes me enjoy life, so why the hell not?"

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2018, 12:57:43 PM »
^^ I looked at my bank statement for the month of November which included tickets to see that show, Maiden, and Switchfoot and I thought to myself, "I'm an idiot for spending this much money, but concerts are the few things that really makes me enjoy life, so why the hell not?"

:lol

Thank God Within Temptation tickets go on sale two days after my CC cycle is done.  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2018, 01:00:36 PM »
 :lol  adding Within Temptation to my list:

February 22nd - Less Than Jake @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
February 25th - Disturbed and Three Days Grace @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY
March 3rd - Within Temptation and In Flames @ Playstation Theater, New York City NY
April 12th - Dream Theater @ Beacon Theatre, New York City NY
May 3rd - Winery Dogs @ Sony Hall, New York City NY
May 7th - Whitesnake @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
July 26th - Iron Maiden @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn NY

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2018, 01:04:32 PM »
I've got 11, so you have me beat so far.  :rollin :rollin

My wallet is accepting donations.  :tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2018, 01:08:17 PM »
 :lol I need every penny in my wallet, especially once they start announcing the summer concerts at my local shed.  I haven't even bought all the tickets for my shows yet but I did get the expensive tickets already (Kiss, Iron Maiden, ProgPower, Disturbed, Ozzy, Delain (bought VIP entrance), Kamelot (also bought VIP entrance)) so at least the ones I didn't buy yet won't break the bank. 

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2018, 01:21:36 PM »
The Maiden gig was the back-breaker. I ended up getting four tickets, instead of the three I needed, because otherwise, it wouldn't let me buy them. And since it was front row of the lower bowl, with a clear view to the stage, I couldn't pass that up. But when I told the Mrs. (who is also a fan), her jaw dropped. But she couldn't say much, since she bought three tickets for us to go see Muse...I think a couple days later. LOL.

Oh well, it's just money.

UP THE FUCKING IRONS