Author Topic: Advice and Opinions on a potential legal situation  (Read 1985 times)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
Re: Advice and Opinions on a potential legal situation
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2018, 11:28:46 AM »
Seeing as I can see the future, I believe I already weighed in on the "whoring" part of the story.   

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2018, 01:03:09 PM »
What you're describing is definitely crank. Any whoring is secondary to that, and honestly doesn't jibe with the behavior. My hunch is that they're just having some fun being dopers.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2018, 10:02:03 AM »
What you're describing is definitely crank. Any whoring is secondary to that, and honestly doesn't jibe with the behavior. My hunch is that they're just having some fun being dopers.

They seem to be having fun in each other's company that's true.... until they start to come down a bit.  Things get a bit aggressive at that point.  My neighbor, or his elderly mother (the occupant on oxygen that I talked about in the OP), locked the outside door on Friday night and the daughter and ex wife had a very loud problem with that when they came home around 4 AM.  The next morning, I heard the daughter tell the her grandmother that "I don't know what she (the ex) is doing but it's best if you stay out of it"; which honestly is pretty ballsy considering that the grandmother owns the house (last refinance I Closed for them the grandmother was the only borrower that could qualify and she's the sole owner of the property currently by life estate interest and the property passes to her son upon her passing) and technically could throw them all out.  If she was in her right mind (bit of dementia has set in), based on my experiences with her over the years, she would have promptly reminded her grand-daughter of that.

A new young man was occupying the property on Saturday morning, and was giving us quite a show!  With my own eyes (not on camera), I witnessed him take a crystalline substance from the crease of a folded license plate, place it in an empty water bottle and set it on the back porch table directly in front of my neighbor, his mother, his daughter, and the ex.  The ex and daughter proceeded to look at him (a younger guy... I'd say mid 20's) and ask him wtf he thought he was doing; at that point, I decided to go outside and bring in our Husky for a little grooming (I saw this through our kitchen window), and as soon as I stepped into view, the daughter and ex grabbed all of the "materials" on that out door table and RAN to the open garage (about 25 yards I'd say).  Roughly 5-minutes later, both garage doors and the side access door to the garage were opened and stayed that way the entire day and most of the night.

Oh yeah... both of the children were there this weekend (Sat & Sun) and I didn't see this new young man leave at all; so I'm going to assume that he was there the entire weekend with the children (10yrs and 4/5yrs I'd estimate).

So the there is really NO doubt now about what's going on because I've physically seen it... it's just the size of the operation and if they're just cooking for themselves or if they're selling.  I really don't know enough about meth and it's production to know how big the cook is honestly.

My wife and I keep going back and forth between waiting it out (I have a 5-year plan with 4-years left on it, in which I will have a certain amount of money saved and all of our debts will be paid in full) and building for ourselves in 5-years or buying a property that's on the market right now that we both love (though it is big for our needs).  I could swing buying the property now, I just wouldn't be able to save the amount of money over the next five years that I'd like to save... but if we wait it out, and my neighbor's house is "let go" over that 5-year period, we may not be able to sell the house we're in now.  So I'm kind of caught between waiting and taking that chance and just moving forward and purchasing this property now to get us out of the situation before it gets worse.  The property we're interested in is owned by my b-ball buddy who is a Federal LEO... I haven't told him about the situation yet.

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2018, 12:23:31 PM »
I'm a tolerant guy - "Tend Your Own Garden" and all that shit - but you've got me beat, my friend.   

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2018, 12:32:55 PM »
Like I said before, I'd call DCFS or your local equivalent because of the children. That might be enough to cause other entities to get involved as well. But as much as I....sadly, like Stadler, also believe in tending to your own garden, children need to be protected.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2018, 01:02:02 PM »
I'd call the cops before I called CPS. Nothing good will come of that. And I'm not to the point of calling Johnny, yet. What's been described hasn't convinced me that they're cooking. At no point has VTG mentioned any smells or any added ventilation, nor any abundance of obvious chemicals. What he has described is certainly indicative of speedfreaks and dealers. If they're just peddlers then they're simply annoying neighbors and destined for a rude awakening some morning. That'll happen pretty soon on its own.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Adami

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2018, 01:05:18 PM »
I'd call the cops before I called CPS. Nothing good will come of that. And I'm not to the point of calling Johnny, yet. What's been described hasn't convinced me that they're cooking. At no point has VTG mentioned any smells or any added ventilation, nor any abundance of obvious chemicals. What he has described is certainly indicative of speedfreaks and dealers. If they're just peddlers then they're simply annoying neighbors and destined for a rude awakening some morning. That'll happen pretty soon on its own.

I agree, minus the kids. We don't just leave kids in those types of homes waiting for a rude awakening.

CPS might not get anything done, but they might. Ignoring it is willfully leaving kids in harms way.

Maybe it's because I'm a mandated reporter, but I can't just let kids be in openly harmful homes and just say "not my business". Adults? Their problem. Kids? They don't have the agency for that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • I like terrible things
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2018, 01:25:33 PM »
Yeah, I think I'm kinda with Adami on that point.  Whether they are cooking, dealing, or simply using and associating with bad company as a result, none of those are situations where I could turn a blind eye where there are kids involved.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2018, 02:29:00 PM »

I agree, minus the kids. We don't just leave kids in those types of homes waiting for a rude awakening.

CPS might not get anything done, but they might. Ignoring it is willfully leaving kids in harms way.

Maybe it's because I'm a mandated reporter, but I can't just let kids be in openly harmful homes and just say "not my business". Adults? Their problem. Kids? They don't have the agency for that.
I get your point, but I think there's a very real likelihood that CPS makes the situation worse for them. It's not "ineffectiveness" that concerns me.
E.F. Benson

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2018, 02:33:35 PM »
The issue with the kids is very problematic and requires intervention in my opinion. However, knowing the potential risk of fall-out considering that they're probably already very paranoid, giving too much detailed information to the authorities can lead them back to suspecting you turned them in. Especially, if they already suspect you may have seen the issue that you described with the bottle.

I would also be concerned that their shit would spill over into my shit. Suppose some tweaker shows up at your door demanding money, or drugs; or who can't get a score and wants to know where they neighbors are? Or someone shoots at the wrong house? or shoots at someone in that house, and it goes into yours?

In addition to the cops, and state police, I would call the local DEA office. Give them as much detailed info as you can. Vehicles, plate numbers, times people come and go, numbers of people visiting the home, the bottle-substance incident.

Ironically, as I type this I'm sitting in JFK right now waiting on my flight home; and earlier I saw a poster that said in effect, "To report a crime anonymously, dial *67, before calling the police." So, there's that.  :lol
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Adami

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2018, 02:38:28 PM »
@Bart

Possible, but who knows?

I've called DCFS multiple times (as part of my job) and nothing bad ever happened to those people.

Generally, they try to keep the kids with the family if possible and generally try to help the family. The idea of them swooping in, stealing the kids, traumatizing them and then throwing them into a dirty building till they turn 18, assuming they aren't adopted by the Manson family first, is largely not true.

Definitely not a perfect, or even great system, but I can't just sit back and leave kids where there are clearly not just drugs, but people under the influence being in charge of their care. I had family members grow up like that, and they were screwed for much of their lives.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2018, 03:50:29 PM »
I feel like in todays world, if you know about something that is potentially harmful to someone, especially children, and you just "let it be" you are slowly becoming complicit in some way (maybe just as an enabler).  You should notify CPS so you can at minimum make this problem someone elses, who is responsible for these things even if they often don't make things better. I don't think this is your problem to solve, but you know enough to know it's a problem for the kids.

I'm a tolerant guy - "Tend Your Own Garden" and all that shit - but you've got me beat, my friend.   

I am this way as well, live and let live, but the selfish person in me would actually start to see this as breaking that rule already.  By creating drug traffic to the neighborhood, they essentially lowered the home value and are taking money out of your pocket.  If I noticed this, I would be livid and do something about it.  I could look the other way at one off incidents, but this is consistent and you even mentioned other neighbors have noticed as well.  The problem isn't going to get better on it's own.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2018, 06:49:43 AM »
I live and let live until I no longer feel safe walking my dog at night or if your actions are tanking my home's resale value.

... Or if you're my current next door neighbor and your new landscaper starts mowing your lawn at 6:20 on a Saturday morning. You can fuck right off too.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2018, 02:52:22 PM »
My wife is starting to feel a bit uncomfortable walking our dog at night (just leaving and approaching our house) and I'm seeing some characters at my neighbors houses (both the neighbor we've been talking about here and the one behind us that has DESTROYED their house) that I recognize from school and from indictments both this year and last year.  Also, last night coming home from a cruise out to the house I mentioned we were thinking of buying, I noticed a smell that I could only categorize as a solvent smell... like Drano.  It was a brief but strong whiff and the ex wife, daughter, and some random guy (another new face) were sitting on the back porch.  Might be my first chemical smell like what Barto is talking about... still no evidence of additional ventilation that I can see (other than the doors opened in the garage this past weekend as I mentioned).

We've sent an anonymous letter to the County Mounties, State Police, and Social Services (I'll get into that in a minute) detailing what we've seen and requesting increased police presence in our neighborhood if possible.  I did not mention the bottle shaking or crystalline substance that I saw with my own eyes in the letter... saving that for the FED when I speak to the b-ball buddy that I mentioned (my anonymity is all but guaranteed with him) or any subsequent letter we feel we need to send.  I felt like the letter was a good compromise between an out-and-out call which would eventually disclose who we are, and just sitting waiting for more conformation of what we already know.  We even wore gloves when handling the letter in case fingerprints are recovered... that is the extent I will go to to remain anonymous for as long as possible.

The kiddos are there almost every weekend and usually at least one evening during the week; my neighbor's elderly mother is always there and as I've mentioned before is on oxygen and has a bit of dementia.  The best case would be a surprise wellness check by DSS (accompanied by town and county of course... this would happen regardless of the letter because of the previous arrests of the daughter) in which something actionable is found; second best case would be a late night visit by some sort of LE in which something actionable is found.   I say best case would be DSS because the children seem to have primary care by another party (whether foster or grandparents from the other side) and the elderly occupant would be more at ease with DSS and police presence than with no-knock and our town's new "tactical vehicle".

At this point, if I see any other activities like I saw this past weekend, or get any more "whiffs" of Drano, I'd say the *67 call will closely follow.  And if anything close to what Chino mentioned regarding persons on either of my porches happens, then my anonymity will be gladly forfeit and I'll do what's necessary.

I mow my yard at night with a head lamp... I'm almost always finished before 10PM. 
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2018, 08:07:01 AM »

I mow my yard at night with a head lamp... I'm almost always finished before 10PM.

I've been with you so far.  Symathetic, empathetic.   Worrying for your safety (and that of your family).   Feeling real compassion for your situation and thinking, "but for the grace of God, go I."

Then you write that.   As Chino would say, you can fuck right off.  (Haha, I'm kidding! Just busting on you!)   

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2018, 05:16:17 PM »
My wife is starting to feel a bit uncomfortable walking our dog at night (just leaving and approaching our house) and I'm seeing some characters at my neighbors houses (both the neighbor we've been talking about here and the one behind us that has DESTROYED their house) that I recognize from school and from indictments both this year and last year.  Also, last night coming home from a cruise out to the house I mentioned we were thinking of buying, I noticed a smell that I could only categorize as a solvent smell... like Drano.  It was a brief but strong whiff and the ex wife, daughter, and some random guy (another new face) were sitting on the back porch.  Might be my first chemical smell like what Barto is talking about... still no evidence of additional ventilation that I can see (other than the doors opened in the garage this past weekend as I mentioned).

We've sent an anonymous letter to the County Mounties, State Police, and Social Services (I'll get into that in a minute) detailing what we've seen and requesting increased police presence in our neighborhood if possible.  I did not mention the bottle shaking or crystalline substance that I saw with my own eyes in the letter... saving that for the FED when I speak to the b-ball buddy that I mentioned (my anonymity is all but guaranteed with him) or any subsequent letter we feel we need to send.  I felt like the letter was a good compromise between an out-and-out call which would eventually disclose who we are, and just sitting waiting for more conformation of what we already know.  We even wore gloves when handling the letter in case fingerprints are recovered... that is the extent I will go to to remain anonymous for as long as possible.

The kiddos are there almost every weekend and usually at least one evening during the week; my neighbor's elderly mother is always there and as I've mentioned before is on oxygen and has a bit of dementia.  The best case would be a surprise wellness check by DSS (accompanied by town and county of course... this would happen regardless of the letter because of the previous arrests of the daughter) in which something actionable is found; second best case would be a late night visit by some sort of LE in which something actionable is found.   I say best case would be DSS because the children seem to have primary care by another party (whether foster or grandparents from the other side) and the elderly occupant would be more at ease with DSS and police presence than with no-knock and our town's new "tactical vehicle".

At this point, if I see any other activities like I saw this past weekend, or get any more "whiffs" of Drano, I'd say the *67 call will closely follow.  And if anything close to what Chino mentioned regarding persons on either of my porches happens, then my anonymity will be gladly forfeit and I'll do what's necessary.

If you're smelling chemicals then they're now a threat to your safety. Personally, I'd have skipped the anonymous letter and gone straight to your buddy. Partly because of the assurance of anonymity, but mostly because he'll know exactly what to do about it. If he doesn't want in on it he'll call an agency that he knows will. That will get the ball rolling PDQ. The letter might get passed around or blown off entirely.

Also, point every camera you have at their house now. I'd have no interest in obtaining evidence, but I'd love to get closeup footage of a felony warrant service.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2018, 08:32:06 PM »

If you're smelling chemicals then they're now a threat to your safety. Personally, I'd have skipped the anonymous letter and gone straight to your buddy. Partly because of the assurance of anonymity, but mostly because he'll know exactly what to do about it. If he doesn't want in on it he'll call an agency that he knows will. That will get the ball rolling PDQ. The letter might get passed around or blown off entirely.

Also, point every camera you have at their house now. I'd have no interest in obtaining evidence, but I'd love to get closeup footage of a felony warrant service.

Haha.   Feel free to throw that up on Youtube when you do.  I'd like to see that as well.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2018, 09:18:17 AM »
After he moves out and confirmed his safety of course  :lol but yea, that would be some cool footage to see.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »
Snip

Haha.   Feel free to throw that up on Youtube when you do.  I'd like to see that as well.

:lol  That... is a good idea!  One of my back porch camera's picks up their back porch and the other covers the driveway and garage, so I've got it covered and it will go up if I catch it.  Hadn't thought of the entertainment value of it...

So... last night I'm playing ball (shot well for the first time in a long time) and we're finished and packing up to leave when another friend of mine that works local adult parole (FED parole buddy is laid up with back problems right now) asks me which house in my neighborhood is mine; I tell him and we begin talking about the neighborhood.  He and another gentlemen own property in my neighborhood and the local parole guy says "that's a very nice neighborhood, quiet too"; I kind of hesitate and say "well, it was until about 9-weeks ago".  He proceeds to ask me what's going on and I say "I think I've got a small cooking operation next door and they're bold as gold about what they're doing".  He kind of nods his head.

Then he asks me the names of the neighbors and I give him the last name only; he whips his head around and gives me the full names of the ex-wife and the daughter and asks me if that's who I'm talking about.  I of course say yes... HE"S THE PAROLE OFFICER FOR THE DAUGHTER.  She's due in today for a visit and drug test.  I broke down the whole situation for him and told him what I'd seen the past weekend.  He was astonished when I told him the ex-wife was there... he thought she was still in jail from last year's distribution indictment which I now assume was a conviction because of his comments (I'll get to that in a second).  We left off the conversation without any word of what would be done and I didn't ask him to do anything or talk to anyone about it... I kind of treated it like any other conversation.  Tried to be cool you know... cool as a fool.

Oh what a small world it is... I've played basketball with this guy since I was 13-years old, for more than 25-years.

Local parole asked me twice if the ex-wife was there and if I was sure it was her; he was perplexed with her being out.  I have mentioned many times to my wife that I think she's a C.I. and she may be.  I'm not going to look too much into his surprise with her being out, but that kind of reinforces my suspicion.

I'm giving my FED friend a call today to see what's what.

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2018, 11:10:17 AM »
Things are getting interesting  :corn
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2018, 11:54:35 AM »
What a small world indeed  :lol

Things are getting interesting  :corn

Yup  :corn

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2018, 10:37:02 AM »
So... it's been fairly quite for the past 11-12 days.  Not much in the way of new traffic and no real disturbances to speak of.  I'm assuming that the daughter's drug test was clean because she is still there and they had what appeared to be a small party that Friday night.  Again, no real disturbances.

Though my wife and I aren't fans of Facebook (no real reason for us to have it honestly... except for business purposes), my wife has monitored the ex-wife's several Facebook accounts for the past few days... she (the ex-wife) has a status of "single again and loving it" and we've not seen much of her for the past week or so; we're thinking she may not be there anymore.  The daughter is still there and the last few days we've seen her she's looked like she's coming down quite hard.  Last I saw of her on this past Saturday, she was delivered (I say delivered because she wasn't really walking that well) back to my neighbor's house by a young man and woman that I've seen before on a few occasions, and she (the daughter) looked like she'd just kissed the wrong end of the baby. 

I was outside washing and waxing my autos while this young man and woman were delivering the daughter back home and I spoke to the young man... he spoke back which surprised me; the daughter and the other young woman dropped their gaze immediately and didn't speak.  As I've said before, most everyone that is outside my neighbor's home and having any type of discussion will immediately cease that discussion when I come round... don't really know what to make of that because that doesn't happen when my wife's outside.  She gets both barrels of any conversations that are on-going!

And to mention kissing the wrong end of the baby may be quite accurate... because the smell coming from that car (very nice late model malibu) was a rancid miasma that I'd liken to human feces, animal feces, old sweat, old sex, and vomit.  I almost vomited myself and I have a very strong stomach... I'm saying that car was an open sewer.  Can't explain that.  I'd rather have smelled a sun-rotting skunk carcass than what I was bludgeoned with from that car.

Not much of an update, but this week marks the beginning of a new month and a Federal Holiday... so I'm fully expecting increased traffic.  Local Johnny are still making passes by the front of the house every two days or so, but I haven't seen one grace my back street in about a week.  That may pick up this weekend.

Edit:  I'll add that I do genuinely feel sorrow for the Daughter, she's going through hard times and I'd like nothing more than to see her (and her mother honestly) come out of it... if not just for her own self, for her children.  Don't want you guys to think me heartless... life happens and sometimes it's harder on some of us than others.  These happenings may be her own decisions, but we're allowed to make bad decisions and recover from them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:44:50 AM by vtgrad »

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2018, 11:10:30 AM »
Don't infer too much from the daughter's continued presence. POs are notorious for collecting dirty UAs and saving them up for a bigger bust. Everybody I know who got busted for probation violations got busted for numerous dirty UAs over an extended period of time. It's possible that she was able to abstain for long enough to pass, but just as possible that she failed and her PO hasn't taken action yet.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2018, 05:14:29 PM »
So we haven't gotten an update here in over a month. I'm thinking of cancelling my subscription.
E.F. Benson

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2018, 09:31:02 AM »
So we haven't gotten an update here in over a month. I'm thinking of cancelling my subscription.

Sorry bout that guys... got slammed at work and took two vacations.  :biggrin:

Seems to me, that they've moved the operation inside the actual house at this point.  I helped the male neighbor fix his mower blade one Saturday morning about three weeks ago and spent quite a bit of time in that garage... nothing to see to my eyes at this point except a very messy garage (of course, I couldn't see into any of the containers and there were quite a few hard-plastic five-gallon type containers that were not labelled but were sealed) and I smelled no noxious chemical smells.  There is an air conditioner in one of the windows at the back of the garage which is a new addition and there was also a television that was recently moved into the garage... we thought someone was living in there honestly (remember the fecal smell I told you guys about).

The auto traffic has died basically with the exception of two of the autos that we recognize coming in every 10-days or so.  The foot traffic has dramatically increased though... and almost all of that foot traffic whether night or day goes inside the house, stays for a few minutes, then leaves.  The foot traffic is annoying, but as long as I don't have Chino's situation, I'll be fine with it.

The neighborhood watch type that I was telling you about contacted local law enforcement over a shouting match between the mother and daughter (alas, cameras missed it because it was between schedules) and for about a week in mid September town police ran very predictable parallel patrols of the front street and back street two times a day... I honestly think it forced them inside, which is just fine with me.  There's a gentleman that is there 3/4 days a week and comes and goes when my neighbor is at work and my wife thinks that he's just the ex-wife's regular lay [caught them on camera exchanging money on the back porch a few times and switching driver seat and passenger seat (he was driving before the switch) in the entrance to our neighborhood one evening while the ex-wife had my neighbor's car and I assume my neighbor was asleep] but we haven't had any lines outside the house or anything like that (yet). 

I haven't seen the daughter since my wife and I went on vacation on 9-29 (not showing up on the cameras either) so I'm assuming that she's not there anymore because we would normally see her on Thursday or Friday nights gearing up for the weekend.

That's all I've got at this point.  Something frightened them inside or they lost their supplier... there is still activity, but not on the previous level that had me uncomfortable.

I won't charge the subscription fee again until I have something tangible... or our cameras catch a little mid-night gobble on the back porch.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2018, 09:35:22 AM »
So I gather they're dealing and whoring but not cooking. That's actually a pretty decent tradeoff. Good people watching.
E.F. Benson

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2018, 09:52:12 AM »
So I gather they're dealing and whoring but not cooking. That's actually a pretty decent tradeoff. Good people watching.

I think you're right... to my eyes, they've stopped cooking.  Which I am grateful for certainly because they were cooking, we just don't know how big the operation was when it was running.

The people watching is interesting for my wife and I because we've seen some people that we know come in and out of there... it's sad for me to see what the drug has done to the people that I know.  How I remember them from High School and what I now see is quite something to behold; they've become shells of people... not really there.

The whoring actually is interesting to watch (and will remain that way as long as it doesn't try to spill over onto our property); you can very easily tell the difference between a drug transaction and a whoring transaction which I find physiologically fascinating.  Plus, the daughter likes to ask her mom to buy her things when she gets "paid" and she always asks her mom on facebook (which is another reason why I think she's out of the house) for clothes; my wife monitors the facebook accounts to see what's going on (what's really going on) between them.  The outfits are... interesting.  The daughter actually wears a t-shirt that has the phrase "ratchet ho" written on it... I guess she's proud.  If the shoe fits and all that...

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Rest in Peace
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2018, 11:19:56 AM »
So I gather they're dealing and whoring but not cooking.

Maybe I am being hypocritical here, but as I am a pretty staunch law and order, fix the broken window type of guy, I wouldn't have a problem with the whoring but would hate the idea of the dealing. Perhaps it is because I have always been fond of engaging with the fairer sex while never been keen on shooting up poison; and I don'tt particularly mind if people do the former, even in my neighborhood, whereas I really don't want anyone doing the latter anywhere within 5 miles of my house.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2018, 10:00:19 AM »
So I gather they're dealing and whoring but not cooking.

Maybe I am being hypocritical here, but as I am a pretty staunch law and order, fix the broken window type of guy, I wouldn't have a problem with the whoring but would hate the idea of the dealing. Perhaps it is because I have always been fond of engaging with the fairer sex while never been keen on shooting up poison; and I don'tt particularly mind if people do the former, even in my neighborhood, whereas I really don't want anyone doing the latter anywhere within 5 miles of my house.

That's a fair point... but from the perspective that I have gained over the past three months or so, I would much rather a quiet and annoying dealing operation than the dangerous cooking operation that was going on at one point.  I only saw shake-and-bake with my own eyes (which is bad enough)... but there were several nights during the high vehicle traffic cooking days that there were multiple individuals spending the entire night in that garage with the doors shut (don't know about the windows) and anytime that took place, the next day was a high traffic day.  At one point, I even saw the ex-wife and the daughter throwing packages into cars coming by the front of the house two and three at a time.

Cooking comes with some slightly more intelligent people further up the chain in my estimation,  which means a higher level of danger for my family.  Remember that I openly spoke to anyone outside when I was outside and the only time someone spoke back (other than my neighbor) was the female companion of the first gentleman that I saw shaking and monitoring a container outside of the garage one morning early on... both were well dressed, driving an expensive auto, and the female was well spoken and made direct eye contact with me while making small talk (which is a sign of intelligence and perhaps eventual aggressiveness... my neighbor doesn't even do that and I've known him for 10+ years).  The male simply looked in my direction and then turned around and stood between me and the container (so that I would be unable to see it).  This interaction is what moved me to action because these two were not simple shake and bake addicts in my mind... these two seemed further up the chain.  I've only seen them one other time and that was right before the vehicle traffic decreased. 

I'm looking at the lesser of two evils at this point.  My thoughts might change if the goings on spill over onto my property, but I'll take quiet dealing here and there to a cook operation that is openly visible.  I honestly still don't know how they haven't seen my cameras...

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2018, 12:02:13 PM »
Sooo... little bit of activity to report.

There is a Church in my portion of our neighborhood that has been vandalized a bit this year and broken-into on two occasions as well; this Church seems to be the new delivery point for my neighbor's "interests".

Neighborhood-watch-type has made friends with a local investigator's wife and she just happened to mention to that wife that we've been seeing a lot of foot traffic to my neighbor's house and that the majority of that traffic seems to originate from the Church parking lot (draw a line between the Church parking lot and my neighbor's house and you cross my property and neighborhood watch's property).  Friday evening past a white van (wife calls it the kidnap van) that we've seen a few times in our neighborhood makes a brief stop in the Church parking lot and as soon as the van pulls out of the lot it's swarmed by three locals and three counties according to our neighbor (texted us when it happened and we saw the tail-end of the swarm from our dining room window).  We hear the sirens but do not see the pursuit/apprehension because it happened out of our neighborhood. 

We see a little bit of activity (neighbor's ex and her regular lay) mulling about the property with their phones out as flash lights apparently looking for something.  This goes on for about an hour then everyone leaves and comes back in the early morning.

Saturday, I see a new face with a large rectangular package shoved up the front of his fleece jacket, deliver said package to my neighbor's house and sit under the bedroom window waiting for... something.  A light cold drizzle is falling and he's just sitting in the grass between my house and the neighbor's house looking up and the window talking to a female occupant of the house (I'm unsure of just how many people live there at this point).  As I'm preparing to go outside and visually measure where he is so that I can decide if I need to ask him if he "needs help with anything" (my standard question), a female companion of the ex comes out of the house, takes him to my neighbor's car, and stands in the rain with the car doors open (opposite side of the car that I cannot see) and spends half an hour doing something with a bag and that box.  The ex-wife then comes out, sits in the car for 30-minutes with the other two people, then backs out of the driveway and goes to the Church parking lot where they switch drivers and leave.  I assume that the driver switch happens because my neighbor has told his ex that she must drive his car but I'm doubting she has a license... so she switches to let whatever guy she's with drive in case they are pulled over by Johnny.

My neighbor though, appears to be going down-hill in a rapid manner.  I'd estimate his weight is down 15-20 lbs in the past two months and his eyes are sinking into his head a bit.  I've spoken to him on two occasions and I saw the beginnings of a sore on the corner of his mouth (I'm cursed with situational awareness and these observances I cannot help).  My wife and I assumed that he was just letting the dealing happen, but I think he may be a full party to it now because he's letting the ex use his Jeep almost exclusively and he's having a ride pick him up for work.  To my knowledge the ex and her almost constant female companion do not "work" in the traditional sense of the word.

They have moved the op inside which I am thankful for believe me, and while the foot traffic is annoying, I'll continue to keep to myself unless I have people sitting in my yard singing Kumbya.  If I can get something on camera, believe me you guys will be the first to see it.

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2018, 01:18:00 PM »
Cops got involved? That's a big change. I'm saddened to hear that your neighbor seems to be part of whatever is happening now, it's never nice to see a person go down that rabbit hole.  :sad:

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2018, 01:43:25 PM »
Yeah, I'd say the party's coming to an end. Two jurisdictions involved with one of the participants means they likely know the whole story.

If the neighbor isn't too terribly involved (from a legal standpoint) he oughta be able to get himself back together. A few weeks without the trouble and strife and plenty of shuteye will do him wonders.
E.F. Benson

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2018, 10:39:12 AM »
Yeah... my wife and I are hoping that the party is coming to an end because they seem to be harried and quick-fused with each other, even more so than earlier-on in this exploration of the human experience.  As I was cutting pallets up in my drive last night, I heard my neighbor, his ex, and his daughter (who is back now) arguing through the window; the two ladies were saying "open it now! open it now!" and my neighbor screamed at the top of his voice "that's how you two get burned every time".  You guys can take a guess regarding what they're talking about.

I know not how far my neighbor is into it from a legal standpoint... he owns the property and allows the goings on and now seems to be participating; though I suppose a clever attorney would advise him of his deniability (since he's the one that works regularly and is out of the residence regularly) and unless he's caught red-handed with something he may slide off and recover himself.  I wish that for him and for the "ladies" honestly.  But you have to want to be clean, right?

An attorney friend of mine said that the family has a bit of a reputation in court (the ladies) for being outspoken and outright belligerent at times; most recently the daughter stood up in court and proclaimed that "she is on a mission from Almighty God to show us all the good side of Meth and that the law won't stop her".  From a purely physiological standpoint, I'd like to see the interviews with her to see if she thinks she's riding into court on a white unicorn and attempting to save us all from our mundane existence.  Remember that this is also the same girl that wears a "Ratchet Ho" tee-shirt and to my knowledge will have nothing to do with her two children.

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2018, 06:26:56 AM »

An attorney friend of mine said that the family has a bit of a reputation in court (the ladies) for being outspoken and outright belligerent at times; most recently the daughter stood up in court and proclaimed that "she is on a mission from Almighty God to show us all the good side of Meth and that the law won't stop her".  From a purely physiological standpoint, I'd like to see the interviews with her to see if she thinks she's riding into court on a white unicorn and attempting to save us all from our mundane existence. 

:o

She seems too far gone. I'm surprised she hasn't been sent into rehab yet. Can the court mandate that?

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2018, 09:11:41 AM »

An attorney friend of mine said that the family has a bit of a reputation in court (the ladies) for being outspoken and outright belligerent at times; most recently the daughter stood up in court and proclaimed that "she is on a mission from Almighty God to show us all the good side of Meth and that the law won't stop her".  From a purely physiological standpoint, I'd like to see the interviews with her to see if she thinks she's riding into court on a white unicorn and attempting to save us all from our mundane existence. 

:o

She seems too far gone. I'm surprised she hasn't been sent into rehab yet. Can the court mandate that?

Oh she's been to rehab; court mandated and apprehended by the local Johnny on two separate occasions.  The first rehab stint was what began the shenanigans this past May and I assume was the reasoning for her mother coming to live with my neighbor ("I'll help you take care of her" yada yada yada).  I don't think my neighbor was going to let her come back to live with him; remember that his elderly mother lives there.  Now look at where they are... multiple people living in the home, others in and out, the elderly mother's caregiver doesn't come anymore that I've seen, constant arguing between the mother and daughter, etc.

The May apprehension was very public; I was home trimming the verge out front and the daughter was sitting on the front steps of my neighbor's house alternately laughing and sobbing.  My neighbor came out and told her to straighten up and she started screaming that she didn't know him and that's when he called the authorities I guess because they showed up en masse and she ran from them yelling that her mother (who showed up with the police... ironic) and father (I guess she recognized him again) can't let them just take her because she had done nothing wrong.  It was actually hard to watch and was heavy on my heart for most of that day.  The following day I helped my neighbor bleed his brakes and he told me face-to-face that she was in our local mental establishment and that she'd been addicted to meth since getting out of prison (he said prison).  That rehab stint lasted for 9-weeks, then she got out...

And was publicly apprehended again two days after she got out, again screaming about not knowing my neighbor and that he was trying to take her kids away.  By this time, the ex-wife and her "friends" had begun the operation in the OP.  It's all quite sad.