Author Topic: New(ish) John Petrucci G3 show on Dime!(POSSIBLY previously uncirculated online)  (Read 1434 times)

Offline SweetDreams

• Sleeps the days away
Hey everyone, this is my first thread here (don't worry, not all of my threads are going to consist of me mentioning my own DIME posts)! I thought you guys would be interested in this, if you missed it:
A few months ago, I posted a John Petrucci show on DIME that I still think has never circulated online until I posted it. Here's what I wrote in the original text file:
John Petrucci
Grand Cube (also known as Osaka International Convention Center and Grand Cube Osaka), Osaka, Japan 2005-05-06
audience recording
Known Lineage: CD-R with AIFF files (data disk, not music formatted) -> dBpoweramp Music Converter (set at Lossless Level 5) -> DIME
FLAC level 5

Track Listing:
1. Jaws of Life
2. Glasgow Kiss
3. Lost Without You
4. Curve
5. Wishful Thinking
6. Damage Control

Line-up:
John Petrucci - Guitar
Dave LaRue - Bass
Mike Portnoy - Drums

This was recorded two days before the "G3: Live in Tokyo" DVD was shot. I got the CD-R copy of this recording from a buddy of mine, who received it in a trade during the snail-mail CD-R trading days. It seems like it was never circulated on the internet until I posted this, as I've never seen anyone else with this recording, and I don't see it listed on Boottrader.net, which has the largest, most comprehensive list of Dream Theater and DT-related bootlegs released up to 2011. Since my friend received this CD-R in a white sleeve with no artwork, I decided that the least I can do is include a picture of the sleeve and the CD. I hope you enjoy this special, probably-never-before-seen-on-the-internet rarity!

A couple people and I are still seeding it, so it's still up for grabs if you missed it:
https://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?returnto=%2Faccount-cp.php&id=630903
You can lead a yak to water, but you can't throw stones at a glass donkey of a different color.