0 (0%)
Rearranged
3 (11.1%)
Kamikaze
2 (7.4%)
The Emperor's Clothes
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Your 4 favourites of these shorter Spock's Beard songs (definitely Part 2)  (Read 536 times)

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
Time to cover the era with Nick d'Virgilio on lead vocals. Once again, I've kept it to the songs under 7 minutes. Also:

1. I've skipped over Snow as all but 3 of the tracks are over 7 minutes long, so that may as well be "What's your favourite track off Snow?"
2. A Guy Named Sid, A Flash Before My Eyes and As Far As the Mind Can See are each a long epic broken up into multiple sections, so those tracks aren't included.
3. For ease, I've just kept it to the main album tracks.

I was initially going to stick the Ted era songs onto this poll, but then as I was typing them in I realised there were so many (even on just 3 albums) that they could make up a Part 3.

Offline Mladen

Wow, it's very unfortunate that I realized just now how average the shorter tracks from this era are. I had a hard time picking four ones, and only three of them are truly great.

There Was A Time
As Long As We Ride
All That's Left
Kamikaze

The epics are what make the albums X and Octane so great overall. The shorter ones don't do a whole lot for me. Even though you can consider the Octane epic as seven songs, most of which are brilliant.

Offline DTA

Ghosts Of Autumn
There Was A Time
Skeletons Of The Feast (the Flower King sounding section in the middle might be my favorite section of SB music ever)
Sometimes They Stay, Sometimes They Go (I know everyone hates this song, but I love it)

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
I personally don't like Octane and as Mladen points out, the longer songs have been the best of the post Neal era.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online The Letter M

Once again, I managed to pick one from each album - it just happened that way - and are almost like DTA's list above:
Ghosts Of Autumn is a killer track, and one of my faves off FE
There Was A Time a great sing-along song, and the lyrics really touched me in a way that brings me back to 2005 in many ways
Skeletons At The Feast is one of the band's best instrumentals, period - lots of amazing sections and performances throughout
Kamikaze is another great instrumental (I really do enjoy the band's instrumentals, I wish they did more of them)

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Boy, the quality of songs in this poll is like half of the first poll, like others have pointed out..
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey