Author Topic: Autographed LIE Sold on eBay. The Quebec City Story.  (Read 761 times)

Offline dreamthr

Autographed LIE Sold on eBay. The Quebec City Story.
« on: July 29, 2018, 09:22:09 PM »
They were opening for YES on that tour. And strangely, Dream Theater, Yes, Christine and I all stayed in the same hotel! We even rode the elevator together. The night before the concert, Christine and I were having dinner in the hotel, when I suddenly saw someone I recognized having dinner alone. Immediately, I sat at his table and finished dinner with the late great Chris Squire. It was a very special moment as we spoke for quite a while. He promised to leave me backstage passes for the night after (which I didn't need), and surprisingly as drunk as he was, he remembered to leave them at the box office. I have saved those passes ever since.

The Quebec City audience were as excited about Dream Theater as they were for the headliners Yes. When we attended the same tour in the US however, it was 10% Dream Theater and  90% Yes. The French Canadiens were obviously very familiar with Dream Theater and they showed it. After the show, we went to the hotel to Meet & Greet with Dream Theater. To our dismay, Christine and I, and one other French Canadien were the only fans present. But we spent a lot a time together chatting, particularly Mike Portnoy and I (we had another special meet, years later). When signature time came, I presented "Lie" for all to sign. And yes, Mike Portnoy was impressed that I had it in my collection.

Well, thanks again. I'll be shipping it tomorrow Monday, and you'll have it quickly. This is one of my most treasured collectibles; sadly, due to my personal circumstances, I have to part with many of them, mostly of Dream Theater, whom I'm seen 50 times in four countries and countless Meet & Greets.

I still have one other LP signed by the band. It's a mint condition LP Import of "Images And Words", signed by all. When it came time for Jordan to sign, he hesitated, probably because it was Kevin Moore that played keyboard on that infamous album. Jordan and I met several times before and he knew who I was. I said "Jordan, you've been with us for so long, you've probably played these songs more than Kevin Moore did!" He smiled and then he signed. I don't know if I will ever part with it. It is without a doubt, the most treasured signed Dream Theater album one could own.

Dream Theater changed my life forever. If they only knew how much.