Author Topic: jingle.boy's 4th roulette: That's all she wrote folks - another happy ending  (Read 98130 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: jingle.boy's 4th roulette: Rd 6 - Whose Score is it Anyway?
« Reply #1505 on: September 17, 2018, 04:23:31 PM »
Just listened to a couple of minutes of Tim's song.  I thought the growls were very good but the cleans were terrible.

Wow, I really suck. The Clean Guy hates it. The Growl Guy hates it. :lol

A suck sandwich? 🤣🤣
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1506 on: September 17, 2018, 04:34:02 PM »
Pretty much. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1507 on: September 17, 2018, 07:54:57 PM »
Listening starts tomorrow morning. Still waiting on

wolfking (though, he knows it)
Lowdz
Train
Elite
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1508 on: September 17, 2018, 08:06:10 PM »
Surprisingly nervous for this round....I could score well, or this could end up an abysmal failure.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1509 on: September 17, 2018, 08:06:50 PM »
I forgot what I sent again already  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1510 on: September 17, 2018, 08:50:55 PM »
Surprisingly nervous for this round....I could score well, or this could end up an abysmal failure.
So this could be a dumpster fire round for you.....like my last 3 rounds were  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1511 on: September 18, 2018, 01:14:38 AM »
Should be there when you wake

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1512 on: September 18, 2018, 01:15:16 AM »
I mean my song, not me, obviously. That would be weird... 😱😀

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1513 on: September 18, 2018, 05:22:46 AM »
I mean my song, not me, obviously. That would be weird... 😱😀

... but awesome. 
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1514 on: September 18, 2018, 05:43:35 AM »
Got no time today to put thought into a song.  Give me 15 minutes.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1515 on: September 18, 2018, 05:43:56 AM »
Paul  :facepalm: :lol

:natalieportman:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1516 on: September 18, 2018, 05:46:43 AM »

Sometimes, that leads to the best result.  As Indiscipline hinted, overthinking is the enemy of many roulette submissions.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1517 on: September 18, 2018, 05:49:30 AM »

Sometimes, that leads to the best result.  As Indiscipline hinted, overthinking is the enemy of many roulette submissions.

You would know.. :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1518 on: September 18, 2018, 05:54:46 AM »

You would know.. :lol

Indeed.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1519 on: September 18, 2018, 06:03:12 AM »
Just noticed a classic metal band that only has 3 songs played once each in your lastfm library Chad.  Not mentioned at all in you itunes library too. Probably the vocals that have put you off but I have to send something from them.  Just have to pick a song.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1520 on: September 18, 2018, 06:35:31 AM »
Just noticed a classic metal band that only has 3 songs played once each in your lastfm library Chad.  Not mentioned at all in you itunes library too. Probably the vocals that have put you off but I have to send something from them.  Just have to pick a song.

I'll bet anything it's on my 'how did I miss them' list, and seeing who fits that criteria on my last.fm library, I'm quite certain I know who it is you're thinking about.  Can't believe it took 7 rounds for you/Tim/jj/Paul to send something from them (assuming I'm right)

Edit... YUP!  I was right.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1521 on: September 18, 2018, 06:38:16 AM »
Sending my second risky choice in a few minutes. If this one goes well, I'll probably win the whole thing, if not, well, at least I did well for the first six rounds. :lol

edit: sent some prog metal.

Wow, you're really going out on a limb there with that risky genre mate.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1522 on: September 18, 2018, 06:39:51 AM »
Sending my second risky choice in a few minutes. If this one goes well, I'll probably win the whole thing, if not, well, at least I did well for the first six rounds. :lol

edit: sent some prog metal.

Wow, you're really going out on a limb there with that risky genre mate.

:rollin :rollin

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1523 on: September 18, 2018, 06:40:10 AM »
I forgot what I sent again already  :lol

Good one, Stadler.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1524 on: September 18, 2018, 06:46:17 AM »

I'll bet anything it's on my 'how did I miss them' list, and seeing who fits that criteria on my last.fm library, I'm quite certain I know who it is you're thinking about.  Can't believe it took 7 rounds for you/Tim/jj/Paul to send something from them (assuming I'm right)

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing that you guessed the band from that description.  Sent something fucking blistering drenched with guitar solos.  Self indulgent as fuck!

I'm actually surprsied too that everyone has missed them, Tim for one, but I did have a quick skim through a few songs and I'm not basing this on anything but wouldn't be a band that you would really dig normally I don't think Chad, maybe others might think the same.  But I'll give them a crack.  Unique sound on many levels and an acquired taste and sent something different with less melody but loads more speed and shred!  :metal

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1525 on: September 18, 2018, 06:51:15 AM »

Ok, let's bet. Judas Priest.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1526 on: September 18, 2018, 06:51:47 AM »
That description might have been enough for me to cheat and figure out what you sent (the artist at least). :P If I'm right it's not a band I got into too much myself either, but they have a handful of songs that I really like. There's definitely some fucking good choices for Chad in their discography just from what little of it I'm familiar with.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1527 on: September 18, 2018, 06:53:34 AM »

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing that you guessed the band from that description.  Sent something fucking blistering drenched with guitar solos.  Self indulgent as fuck!

I'm actually surprsied too that everyone has missed them, Tim for one, but I did have a quick skim through a few songs and I'm not basing this on anything but wouldn't be a band that you would really dig normally I don't think Chad, maybe others might think the same.  But I'll give them a crack.  Unique sound on many levels and an acquired taste and sent something different with less melody but loads more speed and shred!  :metal

Honestly, I didn't scan the banned list/Last FM/iTunes thingies. I'm just sending shit...which apparently I succeeded in doing in the last round.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1528 on: September 18, 2018, 07:10:02 AM »

That was my first thought, but some of the descriptions don't seem to follow, especially the criticisms about the vocals...

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1529 on: September 18, 2018, 07:11:54 AM »
Starting... sans Elate.

And it's not JP... both jj and wolfking took care of them last roulette - and 'the boys' helped me with a best-of recc'n so I didn't have to wade thru their entire discog.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1530 on: September 18, 2018, 07:16:43 AM »

That was my first thought, but some of the descriptions don't seem to follow, especially the criticisms about the vocals...

Point moot 'cause the host has spoken, but in a funny way the vocals comment was my main hint. I must admit I love Judas Priest music while not appreciating Rob's vocals, which I understand in metal circles is par to saying "I'm against the troops but I support the war".

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1531 on: September 18, 2018, 10:21:11 AM »

Point moot 'cause the host has spoken, but in a funny way the vocals comment was my main hint. I must admit I love Judas Priest music while not appreciating Rob's vocals, which I understand in metal circles is par to saying "I'm against the troops but I support the war".

HAHA, that was very well put.  :)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1532 on: September 18, 2018, 10:24:09 AM »
Ralf Scheepers > Rob Halford. I said that years ago and I still stand behind it.  :hat
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1533 on: September 18, 2018, 10:28:03 AM »

This statement sums me up, and is the reason I don’t volunteer for roulettes. Too much stress 🤯

Well that and my favourite song of all time that taught me very early on not to volunteer for anything

https://youtu.be/6cdFuMgMkBM

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1534 on: September 18, 2018, 10:30:19 AM »
Ralf Sheepers is simply not pleasurable to my ears.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1535 on: September 18, 2018, 10:31:20 AM »
Biggest fail of all if JP are not banned. Even Canada had Judas fucking Priest! 😀

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1536 on: September 18, 2018, 10:32:25 AM »
Even Canada had Judas fucking Priest! 😀

Just the Ripper Era though.  ;D

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1537 on: September 18, 2018, 10:55:43 AM »
Ralf Sheepers is simply not pleasurable to my ears.

CONSTANT HEAAAAAAAAAAAAART :2metal:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1538 on: September 18, 2018, 11:01:05 AM »

This statement sums me up, and is the reason I don’t volunteer for roulettes. Too much stress 🤯

Well that and my favourite song of all time that taught me very early on not to volunteer for anything

https://youtu.be/6cdFuMgMkBM

You shouldn't volunteer youtube links either.  :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1539 on: September 18, 2018, 11:24:11 AM »
Even Canada had Judas fucking Priest! 😀

Just the Ripper Era though.  ;D

Oh. That explains it then.