Author Topic: Rob Fenn Along for the Ride book - Did anyone order it?  (Read 13563 times)

Offline KISS 76

Re: Rob Fenn Along for the Ride book - Did anyone order it?
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2018, 04:47:24 PM »
Hey, guys.  I did some research and noticed that Rob Fenn is also the founder of NDR Records in Utah.  NDR Records is apparently based out of a barber shop/coffee shop/record shop in Payson, UT called Cut & Scratch (Link: https://www.facebook.com/cutscratch/).  Their phone number is 801-658-5577.  Best of luck!

Thanks for that. I don't think that phone calls are going to solve the issue at this point. Unless they come from DT or their management.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2018, 05:01:50 PM »
Hey, guys.  I did some research and noticed that Rob Fenn is also the founder of NDR Records in Utah.  NDR Records is apparently based out of a barber shop/coffee shop/record shop in Payson, UT called Cut & Scratch (Link: https://www.facebook.com/cutscratch/).  Their phone number is 801-658-5577.  Best of luck!

Thanks for that. I don't think that phone calls are going to solve the issue at this point. Unless they come from DT or their management.

You'd be surprised.  I'm pretty sure not doing anything won't get your money back. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2018, 12:56:17 PM »
I'd have my lawyer call.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2018, 02:31:50 AM »
Has anyone had any luck in getting a reply out of this guy yet?
I have had nothing.
I live in England so phoning him is out of the question and I don't do social media.
I have recently been diagnosed as having Parkinson's Disease so will probably be thrown on the scrap heap and my ability to provide for my family will be gone, so this money, for me, has taken a significant meaning as I'm trying to plan for a bleak future so £100 to me right now is a lot of cash.
Please let me know if anyone has had success in getting their cash back.
Thanks

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2018, 04:44:24 AM »
I have had nothing.
I live in England so phoning him is out of the question and I don't do social media.
I have recently been diagnosed as having Parkinson's Disease so will probably be thrown on the scrap heap and my ability to provide for my family will be gone, so this money, for me, has taken a significant meaning as I'm trying to plan for a bleak future so £100 to me right now is a lot of cash.
Thanks

I'm not concerned in that affair with the book but I'm really sorry for you Stef1. My father had Parkinson disease as well and I know how hard it can hit. And yes, obviously, 100 pounds is a lot of money.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2018, 07:51:19 AM »
I have had nothing.
Thanks

I'm not concerned in that affair with the book but I'm really sorry for you Stef1. My father had Parkinson disease as well and I know how hard it can hit. And yes, obviously, 100 pounds is a lot of money.

B.Lee

Thanks for your support.

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2018, 08:25:52 AM »
After reading some of your responses, I have to say that I'm relieved that I didn't order it (although I thought about it at some point)
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2018, 09:49:38 AM »
I'm not one of the people seeking a refund, but I feel terrible for those of you who haven't gotten your money back yet.  I'm thinking perhaps the band themselves need to step in now and take this guy to court, or at least have their lawyers send this guy a threatening letter.  Enough is enough.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2018, 10:34:49 AM »
I'm not one of the people seeking a refund, but I feel terrible for those of you who haven't gotten your money back yet.  I'm thinking perhaps the band themselves need to step in now and take this guy to court, or at least have their lawyers send this guy a threatening letter.  Enough is enough.

Agreed, this is some bullshit.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2018, 09:30:22 PM »
I never ordered the book but I'm going to start calling this guy myself.  I've got no patience for ripoffs

Offline KISS 76

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2018, 05:42:35 PM »
I have had nothing.
Thanks

Sorry to hear about your situation Stef1. Keep positive, medical advances are made every day. I too have not yet heard a peep from the con artist even though he finds time to update everything else on his Facebook page. Hopefully he develops a conscience and does the right thing by those who had enough faith to support his DT project. 

Offline DT1976

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2018, 12:09:10 PM »
Just wanted to give everyone an update.   I called Cut&Scratch 3 weeks ago and Ron Fenn himself answered the call.  I let him know that I was calling seeking the refund for the book.   He said he would issue the refund unless I was open to receiving the two signed dream theater related canvas prints for sale on his website (1 just JP, 1 with whole band signature).   I responded back to him via email, after viewing the pieces, that I appreciated his efforts in making things right and would very much like both canvas prints rather than the refund.   3 weeks have gone by without anything being received.   I emailed him again a couple days ago and have not heard back.  Par for the course.

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2018, 12:19:17 PM »
Just wanted to give everyone an update.   I called Cut&Scratch 3 weeks ago and Ron Fenn himself answered the call.  I let him know that I was calling seeking the refund for the book.   He said he would issue the refund unless I was open to receiving the two signed dream theater related canvas prints for sale on his website (1 just JP, 1 with whole band signature).   I responded back to him via email, after viewing the pieces, that I appreciated his efforts in making things right and would very much like both canvas prints rather than the refund.   3 weeks have gone by without anything being received.   I emailed him again a couple days ago and have not heard back.  Par for the course.
Does not surprise me at all.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2018, 04:48:00 PM »
According to this thread, there are three of you that have gotten similar treatment.  So I can only wonder how many others there are out there. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2018, 06:25:20 AM »
Wow, that's low as hell. I clicked on this thread because the name was familiar, I searched my memory and the guy took some photos of DT members I really liked. Shame he had to do this to people.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2018, 10:19:19 AM »
It's a little surprising to me that the band apparently hasn't gotten involved yet in rectifying this issue and the fans have been left to fend for themselves.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2018, 10:39:15 AM »
Don't assume they aren't doing anything.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2018, 11:09:00 AM »
It's a little surprising to me that the band apparently hasn't gotten involved yet in rectifying this issue and the fans have been left to fend for themselves.

The band management has been working on this

Edit: oh what bosk1 said.

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2018, 04:42:53 AM »
I received the following email from Rob Fenn Inc on Saturday,

"RE: Dream Theater Photo Book
Unfortunately at this time the Dream Theater photo book will not be produced. I am sorry for the delay on this matter. I am offering a refund of the book, a store credit, or I can send you 2 autographed 18" x 24" Dream Theater prints in place of the book. One print is signed by the entire band, the other print is signed by John Petrucci. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Once again my apologies for any inconvenience with this.

All the best,

Rob"

I sent a message straight back asking for a full refund but as yet have heard nothing further.
Thanks to all that have been involved in this matter, Bosk, the band and Madman Shppherd who contacted me direct about the matter, you are all wonderful people.
I will keep you notified of any further progress with this.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2018, 08:08:03 AM »
Thanks for posting it.  I can tell you that band management has been active behind the scenes to force the issue.  But they would not have even known of the problem if you hadn't posted it here.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2018, 10:24:05 AM »
No problem Stef. Best of luck with all your health challenges and in general.

Glad this is getting resolved.

Offline DT1976

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2018, 03:19:21 PM »
Hey everyone...been incredibly busy lately but wanted to let everyone know that I have received the autographed prints that Rob Fenn offered in lieu of the book refund.  Thanks for everyone's feedback and assistance!   Hopefully everyone else is on their way to resolution.   

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2018, 04:13:36 PM »
:tup

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2018, 11:19:13 AM »
I'm still awaiting contact after I requested a refund.  :sad:

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2018, 05:53:03 AM »
Well, it would appear getting the pictures would be the best way to get any return on your investment at this point. Take what you can get and cut your losses or likely wait an eternity for a resolution. I have not been around much lately. This thread has been an interesting read. I wonder just how much this guy took in for pre orders. He probably has no means to pay it back.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2018, 09:04:25 AM »
Well, it would appear getting the pictures would be the best way to get any return on your investment at this point. Take what you can get and cut your losses or likely wait an eternity for a resolution. I have not been around much lately. This thread has been an interesting read. I wonder just how much this guy took in for pre orders. He probably has no means to pay it back.
I disagree. Stef has every right to demand a cash refund and get it, especially given his need for the cash with medical diagnosis he received. While Rob Fenn may not have a lot of cash, you can be sure that he has enough to pay Stef back. While some might be satisfied with a pair of high quality prints of photos with autographs, I can imagine most people would not - they wanted a whole book full of photos. Getting these prints seems like Rob's half-assed way to get out of paying people back what he owes them (probably trying to unload them since nobody bought them in the first place!).

Stef, I would encourage you to press the matter as you see fit - don't merely accept what is offered as a quick bail out unless that's what you really want. I'm sure the band and their management will make sure you receive your money back if that's what you really want. Keep Bosk up to date with Rob's responses (or lack thereof) and I'm sure that things will get sorted out in your favor.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2018, 09:08:45 AM »
I disagree. Stef has every right to demand a cash refund and get it, especially given his need for the cash with medical diagnosis he received. While Rob Fenn may not have a lot of cash, you can be sure that he has enough to pay Stef back. While some might be satisfied with a pair of high quality prints of photos with autographs, I can imagine most people would not - they wanted a whole book full of photos. Getting these prints seems like Rob's half-assed way to get out of paying people back what he owes them (probably trying to unload them since nobody bought them in the first place!).

Stef, I would encourage you to press the matter as you see fit - don't merely accept what is offered as a quick bail out unless that's what you really want. I'm sure the band and their management will make sure you receive your money back if that's what you really want. Keep Bosk up to date with Rob's responses (or lack thereof) and I'm sure that things will get sorted out in your favor.
I agree with every single word. I thought these sort of things only happened here in Argentina.
Stef, hope you can work everything out! :)

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2018, 01:00:10 PM »

You can disagree all you want but he will likely not get any refund anytime soon. Of coarse he has the right to a full refund. I hope he gets his money back, I really do! but my gut says its going to be tough to retrieve. Best of luck. That's all...

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2018, 04:19:42 PM »
You can disagree all you want but he will likely not get any refund anytime soon. Of coarse he has the right to a full refund. I hope he gets his money back, I really do! but my gut says its going to be tough to retrieve. Best of luck. That's all...
If he's doing it by himself, it will probably take forever. But getting the band and their management involved will likely speed the process up quite a bit!  ;)
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2018, 04:35:36 AM »
Thank you all for your support its really heart warming.
Reason I have requested a refund is I already ordered the Dream Theater signed photo when first sold, this cost $95, but came with an assurance you would get 50% off the photo book when it was available, an offer that was also not honored when the photo book was advertised, even then I still ordered the book full price.
This was when I was working full time in a decent job which enabled to indulge myself in all things DT.
Now with my unexpected medical diagnosis and uncertain future I am having to reappraise many things in my life including an uncertain financial future.
Thanks for all who have helped up to now, but on the issue of wealth and Mr Fenn, congratulations to him on creating an exciting life roaming the world indulging himself photographing and being friends with the stars, but it does make you wounder how many dodgy dealings he has been involved with to support his life style.
As they say, what goes around comes around, but even with my current situation I can still look my kids in the eyes knowing I have never shat on people to succeed.
Once again thanks for support which goes to show people like Mr Fenn are the minority.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2018, 08:53:24 AM »
If he's doing it by himself, it will probably take forever. But getting the band and their management involved will likely speed the process up quite a bit!  ;)
:tup

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2018, 03:52:16 PM »
Stef,

Just remember, since you're in the UK and overseas calls are hard, we'll call on your behalf.  We can be polite, and respectful, but just the annoyance of knowing he's gotta deal with us may cause him to forego a night out and do whats right and refund you. 

Please continue to keep us updated. 

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2018, 03:33:41 AM »
Well.................thanks to all that got involved...............I got a refund yesterday at about the same time as the new album reveal was announced.
So, to all who have offer to get involved or who have helped or pulled any strings in the background, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
 :hefdaddy

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2018, 05:53:33 AM »
Well.................thanks to all that got involved...............I got a refund yesterday at about the same time as the new album reveal was announced.
So, to all who have offer to get involved or who have helped or pulled any strings in the background, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Great! :) Hope you have a nice weekend, man. And everything turns fine.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2018, 07:03:30 AM »

Wow, Stef1, I'm really happy for you!

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael