My Iron Lung
6 (4.2%)
Airbag
12 (8.4%)
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
7 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: April 24, 2024, 09:48:10 PM

Author Topic: Your favorites of these Radiohead songs  (Read 1246 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Your favorites of these Radiohead songs
« on: July 13, 2018, 09:48:10 PM »
You can pick up to 7.

I went with:

How to Disappear Completely
No Surprises
15 Step
Where I End and You Begin
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Karma Police
Videotape

This was not easy.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Your favorites of these Radiohead songs
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 11:02:32 PM »
how are you picking songs for this poll anyways. a lot of the ones i would have picked aren't here, paranoid android, reckoner, jigsaw falling into place?? i only even know 3 radiohead albums tbh and there's still a lot more i'd have preferred

only went:
idioteque
how to disappear
exit music
weird fishes

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 12:18:19 AM »
Almost the same for me:

Exit Music (For a Film)
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Also would have voted for Karma Police but I'm stupid and I didn't see it was there :lolpalm:
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 03:02:59 AM »
I had such a hard time picking only seven. I tried to pick fifteen and then cut them down, but it was difficult. Then I remembered Kev posting a website several years ago that allows you to vote for favorite Radiohead tunes and creates your own ranking of all of their songs. So I dug it out and realized these seven are in my top 10:

Idioteque
Karma Police
Everything in Its Right Place
Pyramid Song
Exit Music (for a Film)
Myxomatosis

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 03:09:10 AM »
The Numbers
Videotape
Pyramid Song
Lotus Flower
Optmistic
Airbag

Out of the options

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 07:09:22 AM »
There There
Idioteque
How To Disappear Completely
Lucky
Airbag
No Surprises
Where I End And You Begin

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 08:26:41 AM »
how are you picking songs for this poll anyways.

It is somewhat random.  I admittedly try to pick more songs from the more popular albums and/or what I personally consider the best ones, while also factoring in what seem to be the more liked songs from those albums, as well as thinking about what my favorites are (although it is still random in that regard, as I left off several big time favorites of mine).  So yeah, it is "somewhat" random.

Then I remembered Kev posting a website several years ago that allows you to vote for favorite Radiohead tunes and creates your own ranking of all of their songs.   

Man, I wish there was a template we could use to do that for more bands. That was a lot of fun. 

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 09:44:35 AM »
My god, this one is difficult. I went with:

Idioteque
Videotape
Pyramid Song
Myxomatosis
My Iron Lung
Airbag
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 09:05:55 PM »
Not a huge Radiohead fan, but I like some of their stuff. Got everything from The Bends thru Amnesiac. I also have In Rainbows, but I've never actually listened to it.  :P

From that list, I went with:
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Optmistic
Karma Police
Pyramid Song
My Iron Lung
Airbag

That said, there's several that were missing for me on that list that I would've chosen:
Planet Telex, Subterranian Homesick Alien, Paranoid Android and 2+2=5
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline krands85

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 04:43:57 AM »
Easy choices:

Street Spirit
My Iron Lung
Karma Police
Exit Music (For a Film)
Lucky

Then there were a few others competing for the last 3 places. I went with:
There There
Airbag

Honourable mentions to Pyramid Song and Myxomatosis
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 07:10:35 AM »
This was damn near impossible for me.

I went with:

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 08:21:16 PM »
Radiohead seems to have a lot of detractors on this forum  :lol Obviously not referring to just this thread, it feels like every time they're mentioned here you can expect some negative comments from people.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 09:43:52 PM »
Radiohead seems to have a lot of detractors on this forum  :lol Obviously not referring to just this thread, it feels like every time they're mentioned here you can expect some negative comments from people.

Their kind of greatness can be intimidating.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 08:02:53 AM »

Sarcasm should be in green, no?

Look, I get it, it's opinion only, and if Radiohead is your thing, good for you and I'm happy you have a band that touches you.  Seriously.  But for me, it doesn't work.

I got "Hail To The Thief" for a penny on eBay (I bought about 6 disks from the same seller, and figured if nothing else I could resell it).   

I overpaid.  It hasn't sold yet, either.

As I listened to their whiny political screed, I had one of their lyrics repeating over and over in my head:  "Just because you think it, doesn't make it real."  I'm pretty sure the irony was lost on them (at least, there was nothing on the rest of the album to indicate that it wasn't.).  I own or have heard everything up through "Hail..." and honestly, I'm not sure I could name one song I would actually want to listen to.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 08:04:48 AM »
I don't much care for Radiohead - what I've heard anyway, the early stuff - but Sacul sent me A Moon Shaped Pool in my roulette and that album is absolutely amazing. I just love when artists do a total 180 and blow my head off like that.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 06:42:15 PM »

Look, I get it, it's opinion only, and if Radiohead is your thing, good for you and I'm happy you have a band that touches you.  Seriously.  But for me, it doesn't work.

I got "Hail To The Thief" for a penny on eBay (I bought about 6 disks from the same seller, and figured if nothing else I could resell it).   

As I listened to their whiny political screed, I had one of their lyrics repeating over and over in my head:  "Just because you think it, doesn't make it real."  I'm pretty sure the irony was lost on them (at least, there was nothing on the rest of the album to indicate that it wasn't.).  I own or have heard everything up through "Hail..." and honestly, I'm not sure I could name one song I would actually want to listen to.

I get what you're saying, but if you feel that way about the band isn't it just easier to skip over any thread related to them all together?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 06:51:17 PM »
I don't much care for Radiohead - what I've heard anyway, the early stuff - but Sacul sent me A Moon Shaped Pool in my roulette and that album is absolutely amazing. I just love when artists do a total 180 and blow my head off like that.

:tup :tup

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 10:05:01 PM »

I get what you're saying, but if you feel that way about the band isn't it just easier to skip over any thread related to them all together?

Where's the fun in that? 

Plus, I get how important my opinion is - meaning, not important at all - and so it's interesting to hear what others think about a band I have zero connection to.  It's part of the beauty and wonder of music.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2018, 01:47:56 PM »
I haven't heard A Moon Shaped Pool (nor Amnesiac or The King of Limbs, but I know their songs featured on the poll), but based on the songs I know:

Idioteque
15 Step
Fake Plastic Trees :heart
No Surprises :heart
Nude
Lotus Flower

Why there's nothing from Pablo Honey? It's better album than most people seem to rate it.