Author Topic: Your favorite Faith No More song?  (Read 2145 times)

Offline WildRanger

Your favorite Faith No More song?
« on: July 12, 2018, 12:41:55 PM »
Which one?

Midlife Crisis for me. The Real Thing is a close second.

Offline jammindude

Re: Your favorite Faith No More song?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 01:32:29 PM »
This may be the most difficult question I’ve tackled in a long time.

Caffeine maybe?
Zombie Eaters?

I might have to do some research...
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline LordCost

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 01:54:01 PM »
Cuckoo For Caca was the weirdest thing I've ever listened for some period, when I was 14.
The Real Thing, Malpractice, Stripsearch, Matador are the other first songs that are coming to my mind now thinking at FNM albums. I don't want to throw more names, there are a lot of songs I love.

Offline w_marano

• : never give up, it's such a wonderful life :
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 02:01:58 PM »
Caffeine.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 02:03:41 PM »
The only songs by them that I was ever remotely interested in re-listening to were some from The Real Thing, and even then, saying that I actually want to listen to a FNM song is a very rare occurrence.  If I had to pick, it would probably either be The Real Thing or Zombie Eaters.  Maybe Surprise! You're Dead.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 02:09:27 PM »
I don't have "one song", but I will say that their high point was - for me - Angel Dust.  There are about five or six candidates on that record.   

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 02:12:27 PM »
Too many great ones to choose!

Maybe Evidence?

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 02:26:25 PM »
Most of The Real Thing and Angel Dust qualifies someway.

Among the rest, I'd say Digging the Grave.

Edited for precision.

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 02:52:15 PM »
I was really bored one day and made a Top 25 Faith No More Songs video on Youtube, and put The Real Thing as #1 but it was a very tough decision. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKSy-oymr44
If I made the video today I would have included a couple songs from Sol Invictus--probably Matador and Rise of the Fall.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 02:56:20 PM »
If I made a list of my top 25 Faith No More songs, it would have the same number of Faith No More songs as my list of top 25 DT songs.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 03:22:06 PM »
The Real Thing

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 04:21:37 PM »
If I made a list of my top 25 Faith No More songs, it would have the same number of Faith No More songs as my list of top 25 DT songs.

Wisenheimer.

I've literally only ever heard one Faith No More song, and despite the title, I didn't think it was all that epic.

I'll wait until TAC weighs in on this thread before I decide to listen to any of their discography.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 04:30:19 PM »
Evidence.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 04:34:22 PM »
Ashes To Ashes

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 04:49:35 PM »
I'll wait until TAC weighs in on this thread before I decide to listen to any of their discography.

That's generally my strategy for new bands as well:  see what TAC thinks about them, and assume the opposite is true.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 04:51:36 PM »

That's generally my strategy for new bands as well:  see what TAC thinks about them, and assume the opposite is true.

Exactly! If he says it blows, I'll probably dig it.

edit: I've been reading about them on wiki and see they have a song called smilelobber... ya, I'm gonna have to hear theat that.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 04:55:38 PM »
edit: I've been reading about them on wiki and see they have a song called smilelobber... ya, I'm gonna have to hear theat.

As I recall, the lyrics on that song aren't nearly as suggestive as the title might imply.  However, Be Aggressive from the same album is QUITE explicit, although you have to listen closely to get it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 05:01:22 PM »

You'll never find new music waiting on Tim!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 07:06:58 PM »

You'll never find new music waiting on Tim!

What is all this??  :lol

You guys have no more faith?
see what I did there?

I've literally only ever heard one Faith No More song, and despite the title, I didn't think it was all that epic.
Same for me, actually. I did see them on the GnR/Metallica stadium tour in '92. They didn't do anything for me.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 07:08:33 PM »
 :facepalm: :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 07:24:04 PM »
This is a tough one.

Probably Midlife crisis (That's the song that go me in to them)

A close 2nd would be We care a lot (highly addictive)

Evidence.

Great great song. And not well known at all, which is a shame

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 08:33:57 PM »
I don't have "one song", but I will say that their high point was - for me - Angel Dust.  There are about five or six candidates on that record.

More than five or six, I would say. ;)

Almost every song on it is a winner.  Yep, Angel Dust was definitely their masterpiece. :tup :tup

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2018, 09:31:37 PM »
Zombie Eaters was the first thing that popped into my head.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jammindude

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 09:40:19 PM »

Wisenheimer.

For the love of GOD please don't judge the entire bands sound on THAT song.    :facepalm:

I mean, I'm not saying that they will be your thing....but Epic is NOT a snapshot of FNM as a whole.   In fact, people tend to dig them because they are like 8 different bands depending on which song you hear.    Anything from Prince, to Ministry, to Korn, to RHCP, to screamo, to....whatever. 

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2018, 01:55:32 AM »
From Out Of Nowhere. :metal
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Mladen

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2018, 06:49:36 AM »
Malpractice.

Definitely.

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 07:38:52 AM »
Everything's Ruined. Bonus: the video is hilarious.

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2018, 08:25:07 AM »
The worst is Be Aggressive, that is so awful lyrically that I deleted it and replaced it with their remake of "I Started a Joke" which is really good.

I love Angel Dust and King for a Day,  I guess if I had to pick a favorite or two I would go with Motherfucker and Ugly in the Morning.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2018, 09:19:29 AM »
The worst is Be Aggressive, that is so awful lyrically that I deleted it and replaced it with their remake of "I Started a Joke" which is really good.

Which is highly ironic, since Be Aggressive started as... a joke.   Roddy Bottum, keyboard player (and gay man) wrote the lyrics as a joke to Mike, since he would have to be the one to sing them.  Mike Patton does not strike me as a guy that would be intimidated by something like that, but nonetheless, there you go.   

I dig that song, but I listened to "Angel Dust" last night while cutting the lawn, and I think I'm going to go with "Everything's Ruined" as my favorite.   I happen to really like "Epic" too.  I get it, it's the "single" from a band not known for their "singles", but it's still a great tune; that outro...

I will say that I lost a little interest when Big Jim left.   I can't believe he was so turned off by AD (though I guess he had some issues with his Dad dying and stuff).  I understand he was invited to participate in some form or fashion with the reunion and declined.   

Offline faizoff

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2018, 09:49:13 AM »
I think for the longest time I would listen to From Out of Nowhere constantly and that was of my favorite tracks by FNM. Now really I couldn't name one since I love them all so much. I'll have to revisit some of the albums again, it's been a while.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline jammindude

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 12:15:56 PM »

Which is highly ironic, since Be Aggressive started as... a joke.   Roddy Bottum, keyboard player (and gay man) wrote the lyrics as a joke to Mike, since he would have to be the one to sing them.  Mike Patton does not strike me as a guy that would be intimidated by something like that, but nonetheless, there you go.   

I dig that song, but I listened to "Angel Dust" last night while cutting the lawn, and I think I'm going to go with "Everything's Ruined" as my favorite.   I happen to really like "Epic" too.  I get it, it's the "single" from a band not known for their "singles", but it's still a great tune; that outro...

I will say that I lost a little interest when Big Jim left.   I can't believe he was so turned off by AD (though I guess he had some issues with his Dad dying and stuff).  I understand he was invited to participate in some form or fashion with the reunion and declined.

I thought I read an interview where he really loathes Patton...to the point of not able to occupy the same airspace.

At the Seattle show for the AD tour, Jim threw down his guitar in disgust and walked off for about 5-10 min. The band had to improv for a bit until he could be convinced to come back out and finish.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 02:03:50 PM »
He's been clear he loathed the music on AD; he was content to make TRT Part Deux, and bucked some of the new things on AD.   Since TRT was largely written when Mike came on board, but Mike took a much larger role in AD, it seems logical that there were personalities involved as well.

Online Trav86

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2018, 04:59:21 PM »
The Crab Song
Falling to Pieces
The Real Thing
Underwater Love
The Morning After
Midlife Crisis
Everything’s Ruined
The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
Just a Man
Absolute Zero

....you can’t have just one!
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2018, 05:31:00 PM »
Zombie Eaters & Kindergarten  :metal

Saw them as the warm up band for Metallica on the And Justice For All tour.  It was the second night in Irvine.  The first night they about got boo'd off stage.  So when they played our night James Hetfield came out and played with them a bit to show support.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2018, 05:32:01 PM »
So when they played our night James Hetfield came out and played with them a bit to show support.

James Hetfield FTW! :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol