Author Topic: Treasure Hunt  (Read 112392 times)

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
Re: Treasure Hunt
« Reply #840 on: October 28, 2018, 11:37:58 AM »
I honestly have no idea what's going on here. We'll get the album when we get it, end of. Unless the album's concept is Faythe, Gabriel and Xander go treasure hunting.
Well, as a child behind the palace walls, often times Fatyhe'd search its secret halls; and hoping she would find a treasure cast aside, she came upon the greatest gift of all.

So maybe.

Her muuuuuuuuusic plaaaaayer, with DT 14's first single :D

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #841 on: October 28, 2018, 12:20:01 PM »
They are from the future after all :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline robwebster

« Reply #842 on: October 28, 2018, 01:09:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/FreddyJacobi/status/1055829937800781825

The Treasure Hunt has been extended according to Cpt. James.  New question today too which I have no idea about.
Haven’t watched the video but assume the treasure’s not ready - also hence Q16 being drawn out?
By the way, Rob: a few people in the Discord channel have asked about you - whether you eventually joined the channel or not. They appreciate a lot your involvement back when the hunt started, and they feel that it would be nice to have you on the team there, for this final puzzle.

I've already invited you to join, but, of course, here's the link again, if you decide to help us:
https://discord.gg/y4hg6BJ

(And, once again: thanks for sharing Freddy's e-mails! The document I put together has screenshots of them, with your credit at the bottom. You'll see. :))
I did! I joined in a little bit with puzzle fifteen - nothing of value, just mindspaff. I was using a username though so you might not have caught me! I've read through the document, too - the level of detail is properly incredible. Really cool work!

Am I the only one getting a bit disappointed by all of this? I mean, we were supposed to get something after 16 weeks and now we’re going to have to wait even longer? I don’t want to be THAT guy who complains about these things, but I sincerily hoped to have something by now. My hype is pretty much gone at this point, even though I know all my discomfort will disappear once we get some actual updates on the new album  :lol

I have purposely avoided asking certain questions about the end game of the game because I don't want to know.  But I can say this:  there are legitimate reasons why it is being extended.  They aren't just trying to jerk people around.  So be patient. 
I'm certain that's true, and I'm certain they're disappointed that they're delaying it, too. But I liked the idea there was something hidden out there and we were slowly uncovering it - it really caught my imagination. Now it feels a bit like, "I know you've done all the tasks but we haven't actually buried the treasure yet, give us a second!"  It's like finishing your advent calendar then finding out Christmas has been delayed!

I know they wouldn't do this deliberately and I'm delighted that they set it all up, but I'd be lying if I said this didn't undermine it a little bit. But I'm not going to complain too much, because I'm sure it was unavoidable, and I'm certain it'll be worth the wait.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 01:17:10 PM by robwebster »

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #843 on: October 28, 2018, 01:13:54 PM »
I really hope this whole thing leads to the reveal of something more than just album title- cover - tracklist. A single would be nice.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #844 on: October 28, 2018, 01:29:30 PM »
I really hope this whole thing leads to the reveal of something more than just album title- cover - tracklist. A single would be nice.

Well, even if it's just that, still someone will find out before anyone else, and before the usual press release will announce it to the world. That's already something.  Then the more, the better of course.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #845 on: October 28, 2018, 02:31:35 PM »
I did! I joined in a little bit with puzzle fifteen - nothing of value, just mindspaff. I was using a username though so you might not have caught me! I've read through the document, too - the level of detail is properly incredible. Really cool work!
Thanks! :) And glad you joined! You know, another channel called '#dt-arg-end-game' was created exclusively for the solving of this final puzzle. (That's why you'll see that '#dt-arg' has looked a bit 'empty' over the last week.

If you want to join this new channel, just write to users 'Hyrul' or 'el_deadache', or simply post a request in '#dt-arg', saying who you are. They'll surely let you in immediately. (Or, if you'd rather, tell me what your username is, and I talk to them; I think it's them who are in charge of allowing people in.)

OK see you!

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #846 on: October 28, 2018, 03:16:40 PM »
Thanks! :) And glad you joined! You know, another channel called '#dt-arg-end-game' was created exclusively for the solving of this final puzzle. (That's why you'll see that '#dt-arg' has looked a bit 'empty' over the last week.

If you want to join this new channel, just write to users 'Hyrul' or 'el_deadache', or simply post a request in '#dt-arg', saying who you are. They'll surely let you in immediately. (Or, if you'd rather, tell me what your username is, and I talk to them; I think it's them who are in charge of allowing people in.)

OK see you!
it definitely was el_deadache who reached out to me, so either him or Hyrul may contact Rob as well.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline robwebster

« Reply #847 on: October 29, 2018, 12:41:13 PM »
Not dead yet, but waiting in a meeting to occur before I can proceed. Tomorrow, hopefully.
3:37 PM · Oct 29, 2018

https://mobile.twitter.com/FreddyJacobi/status/1056933043624165376

Could the next clue be the last? I’d have expected Freddy to just keep slow-walking them if not.

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #848 on: October 29, 2018, 12:46:41 PM »
Not dead yet, but waiting in a meeting to occur before I can proceed. Tomorrow, hopefully.
3:37 PM · Oct 29, 2018

https://mobile.twitter.com/FreddyJacobi/status/1056933043624165376

Could the next clue be the last? I’d have expected Freddy to just keep slow-walking them if not.

Yeah, I suppose if he had more simple puzzle like questions he wouldn't need to wait for a meeting to post them. Just a guess.

« Reply #849 on: October 30, 2018, 09:41:32 AM »
I just finished watching the third video of happy birthday messages to Inside Out (uploaded to the label's channel last week), and this guy Kavus congratulates "Freddy and Jessica". (I'm assuming they are people working in the label.)

I couldn't help but think they are our dear Freddy Jacobi. :) (Maybe that explains the "Frederica" thing!)

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCPYTMBQJwg

(Here's the one with Dream Theater: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ5YnkPhI0g)

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #850 on: October 30, 2018, 10:20:17 AM »
I just finished watching the third video of happy birthday messages to Inside Out (uploaded to the label's channel last week), and this guy Kavus congratulates "Freddy and Jessica". (I'm assuming they are people working in the label.)

I couldn't help but think they are our dear Freddy Jacobi. :) (Maybe that explains the "Frederica" thing!)

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCPYTMBQJwg

(Here's the one with Dream Theater: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ5YnkPhI0g)

Good catch, Sebastian!
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

« Reply #851 on: October 30, 2018, 11:38:48 AM »
Good catch, Sebastian!
Thanks!

Someone on Discord found the Century Media page with all the staff (https://www.centurymedia.com/staff/international/); those guys are probably Freddy Palmer and Jessica Lausen, who apparently do A&R.

Probably all a coincidence, though.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #852 on: October 30, 2018, 12:24:07 PM »
Good catch, Sebastian!
Thanks!

Someone on Discord found the Century Media page with all the staff (https://www.centurymedia.com/staff/international/); those guys are probably Freddy Palmer and Jessica Lausen, who apparently do A&R.

Probably all a coincidence, though.

Thanks, Sebastian. Here is the working link (you included the parenthesis in yours ;) ):

https://www.centurymedia.com/staff/international/

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

« Reply #853 on: October 30, 2018, 12:25:50 PM »
Oh, shoot. Sorry! :P Well, there you go.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #854 on: October 30, 2018, 12:48:43 PM »
Oh, I know they are nice and wouldn't jerk us around. I just hope this doesn't involve any possible delays to the actual album release or anything of the sort.

Although release dates can get pushed for any number of reasons, as far as I know, there is no delay on the release date for this album.  That is still on track unless something has happened in the interim that I am unaware of.

Just to come back to this, the most recent interview with Jordan that was posted earlier today confirms a release date around the time I had previously been told.  So, yeah, we're still on track.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #855 on: October 30, 2018, 12:54:04 PM »
Oh, I know they are nice and wouldn't jerk us around. I just hope this doesn't involve any possible delays to the actual album release or anything of the sort.

Although release dates can get pushed for any number of reasons, as far as I know, there is no delay on the release date for this album.  That is still on track unless something has happened in the interim that I am unaware of.

Just to come back to this, the most recent interview with Jordan that was posted earlier today confirms a release date around the time I had previously been told.  So, yeah, we're still on track.
which one are you referring to, bosk?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #856 on: October 30, 2018, 01:04:38 PM »
This one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=156&v=zagJiAe_r2E

Another new interview from Jordan.  He states that the new album will be coming out around late February time.  The album is currently being mixed and that he can't wait to unleash the details about it "very very soon, it's just right around the corner". 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #857 on: October 30, 2018, 01:09:22 PM »
ah ok. Thought so, but it's better to ask one more time as opposed to blindly assume I think. Cheers mate.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #858 on: October 30, 2018, 01:20:19 PM »
No problem.  I should have probably been more clear.

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #859 on: October 30, 2018, 01:56:50 PM »
Considering a late February release, is it still too early to hope for a single or is that fine?

Offline rab7

« Reply #860 on: October 30, 2018, 02:06:43 PM »
Judging by The Astonishing, The release date was end of January and The Gift of Music was released December 3rd.
That's 2 months.

Albums are usually released on Fridays, so "late February" might only mean February 22. 2 months before that would be around Christmas.

Other considerations: Self-titled was released September 23rd, with The Enemy Inside coming out August 5th.

ADTOE came out September 12, OTBOA was released June 29th, 2 months and 13 days prior.

If we cross our fingers and hope they follow the ADTOE cycle, we're due for our first single in the beginning of December.

On the other hand, if we want to be EXTREMELY optimistic, we can look at Coheed and Cambria, whose new album came out October 5th, while their first single was released May 31, a whopping 4 months before release!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 02:20:45 PM by rab7 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #861 on: October 30, 2018, 02:08:28 PM »
Maybe it will be this years holiday gift to the fans

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #862 on: October 30, 2018, 02:13:58 PM »
Maybe it will be this years holiday gift to the fans

Exactly.

On The Backs Of Angels was released "early" because they were going on tour that summer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #863 on: October 30, 2018, 02:15:18 PM »
Oh, I was hoping for a single at the end of the treasure hunt. I guess that's too early then xD

Offline dream75

« Reply #864 on: October 30, 2018, 02:17:11 PM »
Judging by The Astonishing, The release date was end of January and The Gift of Music was released December 15th.

1.5 months.

Albums are usually released on Fridays, so "late February" might only mean February 22. 1.5 months before that would be around January 8th.

Other considerations: Self-titled was released September 23rd, with The Enemy Inside coming out August 5th.

ADTOE came out September 12, OTBOA was released June 29th, 2 months and 13 days prior.

If we cross our fingers and hope they follow the ADTOE cycle, we're due for our first single in the beginning of December.

On the other hand, if we want to be EXTREMELY optimistic, we can look at Coheed and Cambria, whose new album came out October 5th, while their first single was released May 31, a whopping 4 months before release!
The Gift of Music was released December 4 😉

Offline rab7

« Reply #865 on: October 30, 2018, 02:21:34 PM »

Thanks, I was getting my information from a sentence in the Wikipedia article. It turns out the release date of December 3rd was on the sidebar of the page.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #866 on: October 30, 2018, 02:55:58 PM »
What if the treasure hunt ends in December? :eek
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

« Reply #867 on: October 30, 2018, 03:28:02 PM »
No it wasn't. My birthday is December 3, and I remember being so happy because they uploaded the song on YouTube that day.

See: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/inside-dream-theaters-wildly-ambitious-new-concept-lp-57856/

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #868 on: October 30, 2018, 03:36:40 PM »
My birthday is December 8th. It would be a nice gift, but I would rather have it earlier. :p

Offline dream75

« Reply #869 on: October 30, 2018, 04:06:14 PM »
No it wasn't. My birthday is December 3, and I remember being so happy because they uploaded the song on YouTube that day.

See: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/inside-dream-theaters-wildly-ambitious-new-concept-lp-57856/

Yes! On youtube 3 December but officially released on December 4 😉

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #870 on: November 01, 2018, 06:40:03 AM »
Is this the calm before the storm? No update from Freddy since Monday. 

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #871 on: November 01, 2018, 06:59:04 AM »
Is he still waiting for the meeting?

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #872 on: November 01, 2018, 07:16:59 AM »
Probably the meeting got canceled and rescheduled

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #873 on: November 01, 2018, 04:12:20 PM »
It's just a matter of time
You can have the world at your feet
By tomorrow
Just sign on this line

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #874 on: November 01, 2018, 04:20:23 PM »
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.