Author Topic: Treasure Hunt  (Read 112305 times)

Offline robwebster

Re: Treasure Hunt
« Reply #805 on: October 26, 2018, 10:46:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/FreddyJacobi/status/1055829937800781825

The Treasure Hunt has been extended according to Cpt. James.  New question today too which I have no idea about.
Haven’t watched the video but assume the treasure’s not ready - also hence Q16 being drawn out?

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #806 on: October 26, 2018, 10:59:04 AM »

The Treasure Hunt has been extended according to Cpt. James.  New question today too which I have no idea about.
Haven’t watched the video but assume the treasure’s not ready - also hence Q16 being drawn out?

James does say "you're gonna have to stay invested much longer". I'm wondering if it will be a couple more weeks yet, maybe with a few more extra puzzles, who knows? 

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #807 on: October 26, 2018, 11:03:59 AM »
"Invested MUCH longer"?
Oh, man... :(

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #808 on: October 26, 2018, 11:12:01 AM »

DT went :soon:

Exactly

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #809 on: October 26, 2018, 11:18:54 AM »
At this point, just extend it up to December and give me it as a birthday gift, lol.

Offline dream75

« Reply #810 on: October 26, 2018, 11:35:10 AM »
Someone called this number? 585 310 2520 🤔

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #811 on: October 26, 2018, 12:18:52 PM »
Am I the only one getting a bit disappointed by all of this? I mean, we were supposed to get something after 16 weeks and now we’re going to have to wait even longer? I don’t want to be THAT guy who complains about these things, but I sincerily hoped to have something by now. My hype is pretty much gone at this point, even though I know all my discomfort will disappear once we get some actual updates on the new album  :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline rab7

« Reply #812 on: October 26, 2018, 12:20:00 PM »
Someone called this number? 585 310 2520 🤔

I think a few puzzles ago we decided to stop calling random numbers. I'm not going to debate the meaning of the word "random" in this context. Of course it's not completely random, but we're just inputting the answers the order we received them, without being 100% sure that's what we're supposed to do.

The 585 is alluring, because it's a Rochester area code, which seems like it could be the area of their secret recording studio.

All this to say....I already tried calling that number this morning and it led to the voicemail of an actual human person with (probably) no affiliation to the band.

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #813 on: October 26, 2018, 12:50:24 PM »
Am I the only one getting a bit disappointed by all of this? I mean, we were supposed to get something after 16 weeks and now we’re going to have to wait even longer? I don’t want to be THAT guy who complains about these things, but I sincerily hoped to have something by now. My hype is pretty much gone at this point, even though I know all my discomfort will disappear once we get some actual updates on the new album  :lol

I'm with you. I am disappointed, although I don't want to also be THAT guy and sound like a spoiled fan. My hype is at 10% and nearing 0.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #814 on: October 26, 2018, 12:53:24 PM »

I have purposely avoided asking certain questions about the end game of the game because I don't want to know.  But I can say this:  there are legitimate reasons why it is being extended.  They aren't just trying to jerk people around.  So be patient. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #815 on: October 26, 2018, 12:58:17 PM »
Oh, I know they are nice and wouldn't jerk us around. I just hope this doesn't involve any possible delays to the actual album release or anything of the sort.

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #816 on: October 26, 2018, 01:00:54 PM »
Wishful thinking: They are extending the puzzle to buy some time with pressing/distribution logistics and will release the album out of the blue, sooner than everyone expects... Something like A7X's The Stage.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #817 on: October 26, 2018, 01:01:26 PM »
Maybe they noticed something wrong with the album art. Did they hire Hugh Syme again?

Offline rab7

« Reply #818 on: October 26, 2018, 01:10:13 PM »
Wishful thinking: They are extending the puzzle to buy some time with pressing/distribution logistics and will release the album out of the blue, sooner than everyone expects... Something like A7X's The Stage.

Dream Theater does not have the luxury of releasing something out of the blue like A7X and Eminem have done recently. The fans will always support them, but they also benefit from the casual listeners, who would need to be made aware by a slow and long marketing campaign.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #819 on: October 26, 2018, 01:13:01 PM »

I think more likely for a proper announcement of a new album all things have to fall into place - a single, a release date estabilished by the label, the way the promotional cycle will unfold, the end of the mastering above all etc etc, and one of these or other details is taking longer than expected.

Hell, maybe the tour announcement might be a part of it, they may want to announce the tour dates along with the album news and they have to finalize the tour details.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #820 on: October 26, 2018, 01:13:49 PM »
Oh, I know they are nice and wouldn't jerk us around. I just hope this doesn't involve any possible delays to the actual album release or anything of the sort.

Although release dates can get pushed for any number of reasons, as far as I know, there is no delay on the release date for this album.  That is still on track unless something has happened in the interim that I am unaware of.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #821 on: October 26, 2018, 01:32:43 PM »

Although release dates can get pushed for any number of reasons, as far as I know, there is no delay on the release date for this album.  That is still on track unless something has happened in the interim that I am unaware of.

I'm glad there is no delay in the release date. Somebody else noticed that James says we'll get "everything" once the hunt is over? This has gotten me hyped : everything?!?

B.Lee
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 02:06:29 PM by Bertielee »
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #822 on: October 26, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »
Sorry, double post.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 02:06:08 PM by Bertielee »
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #823 on: October 26, 2018, 02:01:50 PM »
Maybe they noticed something wrong with the album art. Did they hire Hugh Syme again?

I feel bad about having to laugh about this comment...
any rock can be made to roll

Offline raggashaggas

• Hi, I'm a DT fan. Just like you.
« Reply #824 on: October 26, 2018, 03:03:47 PM »
Maybe they are trying not to compete with (or drown out) Haken's 'Vector' that was dropped today? lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #825 on: October 26, 2018, 03:07:41 PM »
No, that has nothing to do with it.

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #826 on: October 26, 2018, 03:14:27 PM »
Yeah, I mean, if that were the case, I suppose the hunt would have ended when we previously thought it would, which is before Haken's album.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #827 on: October 26, 2018, 03:39:23 PM »
Maybe they are trying not to compete with (or drown out) Haken's 'Vector' that was dropped today? lol

Why would that matter?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline rab7

« Reply #828 on: October 26, 2018, 03:43:13 PM »
Same label, Inside Out records.

Hypothetically, they wouldn't want to steal the thunder of a brand new album from their own label

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #829 on: October 26, 2018, 03:46:00 PM »

Eh, if they learned anything from that it is to not go that route   A7X have been outspoken about how that was a terrible idea and The Stage has been their worst selling album because it didn't go through the promotion cycle.  These things don't work unless you are Beyonce or similar.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #830 on: October 26, 2018, 03:48:04 PM »
Same label, Inside Out records.

Hypothetically, they wouldn't want to steal the thunder of a brand new album from their own label

OK, but that'd be pretty poor planning on the label's part from the start, no?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #831 on: October 26, 2018, 03:51:35 PM »
If Haken's album bombs, it will be because it just isn't very good.  DT's treasure hunt game has nothing to do with that.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #832 on: October 26, 2018, 03:58:03 PM »
Zaccly.

Online pg1067

« Reply #833 on: October 26, 2018, 04:44:45 PM »
The 585 is alluring, because it's a Rochester area code, which seems like it could be the area of their secret recording studio.

It's not.  The studio is in the 845 area code.

By the way, the whole "story ends where it began" thing led me to call the phone number that gave the first clue (Syme2009).  Unfortunately, the recording at that number is the same as it ever was.

we were supposed to get something after 16 weeks and now we’re going to have to wait even longer?

We were?  I may be wrong, but I don't recall being told it would take exactly X-period of time.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #834 on: October 26, 2018, 05:29:09 PM »
We were?  I may be wrong, but I don't recall being told it would take exactly X-period of time.
You are correct - there was never a promise about how long exactly the hunt would be.

« Reply #835 on: October 26, 2018, 08:12:21 PM »

By the way, Rob: a few people in the Discord channel have asked about you - whether you eventually joined the channel or not. They appreciate a lot your involvement back when the hunt started, and they feel that it would be nice to have you on the team there, for this final puzzle.

I've already invited you to join, but, of course, here's the link again, if you decide to help us:
https://discord.gg/y4hg6BJ

(And, once again: thanks for sharing Freddy's e-mails! The document I put together has screenshots of them, with your credit at the bottom. You'll see. :))

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #836 on: October 27, 2018, 11:23:26 AM »
I am loving following this thread, I have no idea what is going on, but its the most interesting thread since the launch of the DT album.
Thanks to all you mega brains involved.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #837 on: October 27, 2018, 11:39:50 AM »
I am loving following this thread, I have no idea what is going on, but its the most interesting thread since the launch of the DT album.
Thanks to all you mega brains involved.

Absolutely this!
any rock can be made to roll

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #838 on: October 27, 2018, 01:23:10 PM »
I honestly have no idea what's going on here. We'll get the album when we get it, end of. Unless the album's concept is Faythe, Gabriel and Xander go treasure hunting.

« Reply #839 on: October 28, 2018, 10:49:12 AM »
I honestly have no idea what's going on here. We'll get the album when we get it, end of. Unless the album's concept is Faythe, Gabriel and Xander go treasure hunting.
Well, as a child behind the palace walls, often times Fatyhe'd search its secret halls; and hoping she would find a treasure cast aside, she came upon the greatest gift of all.

So maybe.