Author Topic: Would DT announce plans to make a concert video on the DoT tour?  (Read 1342 times)

Offline llpyyz

Would DT announce plans to make a concert video on the DoT tour?
« on: November 10, 2018, 02:23:25 PM »
Already got my ticket for the March 22 Wiltern show. Not quite four and a half months to go!  :metal Being a relatively new DT fan, I'm not familiar with their approach to filming a live show for  DVD. Do they make and announce a decision reasonably far in advance, so that people who want to travel to that show have sufficient time to make the necessary arrangements?

Offline Setlist Scotty

Re: Would DT announce plans to make a concert video on the DoT tour?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 02:58:24 PM »
Typically, yes. There are exceptions, such as the filming of the WDaDR set (which was not announced at all - was a complete surprise), and when they release a video that is compiled from multiple shows, as was the case for 5YiaL and CiM. But usually, when they are shooting just one or two shows and plan to make a release of it, it is announced ahead of time. That was certainly the case for L@B, Score and BtFW, and I'm pretty sure announcements were made ahead of time for SFNY and L@LP.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 03:27:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure announcements were made ahead of time for SFNY and L@LP.

I remember L@LP became known about a month or two in advance, but it wasn't an announcement, I think someone who knows the band told us here, I don't remember who.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 03:42:53 PM »
Did a little search down memory lane, check this out!  :o
It definitely wasn't just me though, we -DTF- had suspected from before that it was either gonna be the NY shows or the Argentina shows.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 07:26:37 PM »
Did a little search down memory lane, check this out!  :o
It definitely wasn't just me though, we -DTF- had suspected from before that it was either gonna be the NY shows or the Argentina shows.

Unrelated to this thread, but you asked him about his 2nd solo album and it's been years and years and we still got nothing. Come on, John, just record the friggin album!
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."