General > Movies and TV

Tv channels speeding up shows and movies

<< < (2/3) > >>

pg1067:
I watch a lot of broadcast TV and have never noticed this, so I guess the answer to your question is no.

mikeyd23:

--- Quote from: bosk1 on July 10, 2018, 08:59:32 AM ---Wow, I guess I never realized that that was going on.

--- End quote ---

Neither did I  :lol

lonestar:

--- Quote from: mikeyd23 on July 10, 2018, 10:16:38 AM ---
--- Quote from: bosk1 on July 10, 2018, 08:59:32 AM ---Wow, I guess I never realized that that was going on.

--- End quote ---

Neither did I  :lol

--- End quote ---

Me neither, but the majority of my watching is either pay channels or streaming services.

jammindude:
I’m so glad that I’m not the only one who noticed. 

My wife leaves some shows on in the background all day so I’ve become very familiar with certain shows.   That 70s Show is one of them.   But when one episode was playing on the Laff Channel the other day, I was thinking, “This is wrong.  Everyone’s voice sounds just slightly higher...like they slightly adjusted the speed of the entire show.”   I thought I was just being nuts, but it’s totally true.  Some channels are getting an extra commercial or two by speeding up the show just slightly...and it’s almost not noticeable unless you are really used to how the show is supposed to sound.

It’s really irritating because now I can’t unhear it and it makes one of my favorite shows sound almost like The Chipmunks now.   I mean, it’s not that bad, but once you DO hear it, your mind starts to focus on it and it just sounds wrong.

King Postwhore:
I like watching the horrendous overdubbed movies on TV.  Smokey and the Bandit.  It's so bad, that it makes it so good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version