Author Topic: Finally someone explaining my love for SDOIT  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Pettor

Finally someone explaining my love for SDOIT
« on: July 09, 2018, 03:14:33 AM »
I think SDOIT is the best album ever created. Period. Even after listening it from start to stop sooooooo many times it's still pure joy. I can't even express how highly I think about it. Or wait I finally kinda can. This guy. He understands.  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-NXwSLFZfM

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Finally someone explaining my love for SDOIT
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 08:37:52 AM »
I jumped around but saw most of it.......that was more than just an 'enjoyable ride'.  Glad he finally pulled over for the ending. :D
Thanks for the share, that was fun.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 10:18:18 AM »
I really enjoyed the SDOIT review, but I feel he really didn't give ADTOE, DT, and TA a fair shake.
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 11:37:49 AM »
probably because of MP tweeting to the guy, and afterwards all the MM albums were rubbish videos. It's youtube, it's all fake for the views.. ;)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 11:41:44 AM »
I love watching someone who's genuinely loving music he's hearing for the first time. I love critical analyses but sometimes it's just nice to see someone having fun and getting into it.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 04:15:01 PM »
I really enjoyed the SDOIT review, but I feel he really didn't give ADTOE, DT, and TA a fair shake.

It's difficult to give anything a fair shake compared to SDOIT.  It's nearly impossible.  :biggrin:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Pettor

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 01:22:34 AM »
I am actually a bit jealous that he got into SDOIT that easily. Glass Prison was the first song that got me into DT but it took a lot of time to digest SDOIT.

What I find interesting is that SDOIT actually seems to have quite some grooves or even quite a lot of catchy parts? Never thought about this. The last albums aren't very heavy on groove (doesn't need to be a bad thing) which I think could be a problem for the guy. At the same time he didn't like SFAM that much.

Anyway, the way he listens to the album does translate directly to myself. I can't keep myself from smiling, head-banging, getting goosebumps, mesmerizing etc. Such a journey of an album!

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 09:46:22 AM »
I liked SFAM so much that SDOIT really didn't click with me right away.  It ended up being my all-time DT favorite and nothing else since then has come close to it.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 11:12:11 AM »

It's difficult to give anything a fair shake compared to SDOIT.  It's nearly impossible.  :biggrin:

Hahaha - you're not wrong, my friend! It's a stellar album.
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 06:58:13 PM »
*Jordans Rudess solo* “greatest guitarist of all time”

I like this type of videos just because it reminds me of what it was like to listen to it for the first time. I used to watch Lost in Vegas but I feel like their videos lost quality and feel forced.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sh8wxc4tctE
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 03:41:34 PM »
Still a favorite in spite of the lifting of  lyrics without acknowledgment or credit.