Author Topic: Finally someone explaining my love for SDOIT  (Read 593 times)

Offline Pettor

Finally someone explaining my love for SDOIT
« on: July 09, 2018, 03:14:33 AM »
I think SDOIT is the best album ever created. Period. Even after listening it from start to stop sooooooo many times it's still pure joy. I can't even express how highly I think about it. Or wait I finally kinda can. This guy. He understands.  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-NXwSLFZfM

Offline DragonAttack

Re: Finally someone explaining my love for SDOIT
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 08:37:52 AM »
I jumped around but saw most of it.......that was more than just an 'enjoyable ride'.  Glad he finally pulled over for the ending. :D
Thanks for the share, that was fun.
'Discretionary posting is the better part of valor.'  Falstaff

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 10:18:18 AM »
I really enjoyed the SDOIT review, but I feel he really didn't give ADTOE, DT, and TA a fair shake.
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 11:37:49 AM »
probably because of MP tweeting to the guy, and afterwards all the MM albums were rubbish videos. It's youtube, it's all fake for the views.. ;)

Online Kattelox

• Cart Corral Crusader
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 11:41:44 AM »
I love watching someone who's genuinely loving music he's hearing for the first time. I love critical analyses but sometimes it's just nice to see someone having fun and getting into it.
RYM || Last.FM
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki

Offline Dublagent66

• RIP My Love 1964 - 2016
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I will see you on the other side...
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 04:15:01 PM »
I really enjoyed the SDOIT review, but I feel he really didn't give ADTOE, DT, and TA a fair shake.

It's difficult to give anything a fair shake compared to SDOIT.  It's nearly impossible.  :biggrin:
Everything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong ...and if nothing has gone wrong...you obviously DON'T UNDERSTAND the situation.

"Bow your heads and abandon hope."   -Symphony X - Reign in Madness

Offline Pettor

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 01:22:34 AM »
I am actually a bit jealous that he got into SDOIT that easily. Glass Prison was the first song that got me into DT but it took a lot of time to digest SDOIT.

What I find interesting is that SDOIT actually seems to have quite some grooves or even quite a lot of catchy parts? Never thought about this. The last albums aren't very heavy on groove (doesn't need to be a bad thing) which I think could be a problem for the guy. At the same time he didn't like SFAM that much.

Anyway, the way he listens to the album does translate directly to myself. I can't keep myself from smiling, head-banging, getting goosebumps, mesmerizing etc. Such a journey of an album!

Offline Dublagent66

• RIP My Love 1964 - 2016
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I will see you on the other side...
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 09:46:22 AM »
I liked SFAM so much that SDOIT really didn't click with me right away.  It ended up being my all-time DT favorite and nothing else since then has come close to it.
Everything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong ...and if nothing has gone wrong...you obviously DON'T UNDERSTAND the situation.

"Bow your heads and abandon hope."   -Symphony X - Reign in Madness

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 11:12:11 AM »

It's difficult to give anything a fair shake compared to SDOIT.  It's nearly impossible.  :biggrin:

Hahaha - you're not wrong, my friend! It's a stellar album.
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline Vmadera00

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 06:58:13 PM »
*Jordans Rudess solo* “greatest guitarist of all time”

I like this type of videos just because it reminds me of what it was like to listen to it for the first time. I used to watch Lost in Vegas but I feel like their videos lost quality and feel forced.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sh8wxc4tctE

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 03:41:34 PM »
Still a favorite in spite of the lifting of  lyrics without acknowledgment or credit.