Poll

Your top 3 tracks off Piece of Mind besides The Trooper?

Where Eagles Dare
37 (20.8%)
Revelations
40 (22.5%)
Flight of Icarus
29 (16.3%)
Die with Your Boots On
10 (5.6%)
Still Life
20 (11.2%)
Quest for Fire
3 (1.7%)
Sun and Steel
5 (2.8%)
To Tame a Land
34 (19.1%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Your top 3 tracks off Iron Maiden's Piece of Mind besides The Trooper?  (Read 2323 times)

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Eagles
Revelations
Flight

Or, the opening 3 tracks.

This....

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
I saw the Powerslave tour, and I distinctly remember that at the end of Revelations, where he goes "All of youuuuuuuuuu", I remember rolling my eyes thinking what a Dio ripoff.

I don't get the reference. It's probably obvious, but not coming to my mind...

Don't worry about it PS, TAC thinks that everything that slightly rings a bell with him equals a ripoff from another artist. Take the main riff for 2 Minutes to Midnight. TAC is convinced they ripped the riff directly from Riot - Swords and Tequila...even though the riffs only have a passing resemblance to each other and it's likely that Maiden had no idea who Riot was. They're pretty obscure (awesome though).

Now he wants you to think that Bruce is ripping off Dio from the middle section of Heaven and Hell - Black Sabbath - Live Evil. It's absurd, but that's our buddy TAC.

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but just gently pat him on the head, and hand him his warm milk. He'll wander off eventually.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I saw the Powerslave tour, and I distinctly remember that at the end of Revelations, where he goes "All of youuuuuuuuuu", I remember rolling my eyes thinking what a Dio ripoff.

Don't worry about it PS, TAC thinks that everything that slightly rings a bell with him equals a ripoff from another artist. Take the main riff for 2 Minutes to Midnight. TAC is convinced they ripped the riff directly from Riot - Swords and Tequila...even though the riffs only have a passing resemblance to each other and it's likely that Maiden had no idea who Riot was. They're pretty obscure (awesome though).

Now he wants you to think that Bruce is ripping off Dio from the middle section of Heaven and Hell - Black Sabbath - Live Evil. It's absurd, but that's our buddy TAC.

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but just gently pat him on the head, and hand him his warm milk. He'll wander off eventually.

:lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Hah hah!! :lol

That's not true. Not really.

I got into Maiden with TNOTB. I got PoM (Gregg, I bought PoM and Riot's Narita at the same time), and even saw the PoM tour.

I loved Iron Maiden, but I did not care for Powerslave at all. I thought the album was so unoriginal. I might have even missed the tour, had Accept not been opening. Anyway, at the end of Revelations when Bruce sings "All of youuuuuuu" I thought it was such a Dio rip and totally unoriginal. That was my thought AT THE CONCERT.

Pretty sure he did something similar on the PoM tour, but I didn't remember it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
I did not care for Powerslave at all.

:omg: :omg: :angry:

You Sir... are dead to me......  :loser: :biggrin:

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
IMO the Testament cover of Powerslave destroys the original. :2metal:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
IMO the Testament cover of Powerslave destroys the original. :2metal:
The song?  Or the whole album??

Offline Ruba

The Trooper is not a top 3 track from Piece of Mind ;D.

Revelations
Flight of Icarus
Still Life

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Eagles
Revelations
Tame