Author Topic: Change my view: summer is the worst season  (Read 6940 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Change my view: summer is the worst season
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2018, 06:38:10 AM »
My friend told me it's been 85-90 in Sweden recently, and of course they have no A/C.  Global warming at work.

Europe is going thru some brutal shit.  England in the mid/high 20s (Celsuis... you know, what 95% of the world uses  :P).  My teammate in Paris said it was 33C there on Friday.  And yeah... most don't have AC at home.

Climate change is a hoax though.   ::)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2018, 06:50:01 AM »
I just want to say that summer here has rocked for the past several days in a row. Right now it's 64ºF. Very light rain. High of 74 today. Summer shouldn't get hotter than that.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2018, 07:40:33 AM »
My friend told me it's been 85-90 in Sweden recently, and of course they have no A/C.  Global warming at work.

Europe is going thru some brutal shit.  England in the mid/high 20s (Celsuis... you know, what 95% of the world uses  :P).  My teammate in Paris said it was 33C there on Friday.  And yeah... most don't have AC at home.

Climate change is a hoax though.   ::)
The Netherlands reached its warmest night in history last week at around 28-29 degrees I believe. Concrete floors are breaking up near my house (pic below) and probably at more locations throughout the country due to the heat, subway a/c's are not working because they aren't able to handle this heat, and harvest is going to shit which may affect the economy pretty badly. Weird times man.

people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2018, 03:45:00 PM »
Well let's see, 2 days ago they forecasted 116 in Phx today.  Looks like it's only gonna make it to 112.  Must be a cold front moving in.  :lol :rollin :lol

I took my son to Phoenix last August for a Dodgers @ Diamondbacks game.  We rented a car and drove, and I can recall seeing the outside temperature rising as we got closer to Phoenix.  It was somewhere in the 112-116 range by the time we got there, and I remember getting out of the car at the hotel.  It was the most awful feeling, and it was not the "dry heat" that Phoenix is known for.  We took a Lyft to the game, and I remember breaking out in a sweat just walking from the car to the stadium entrance.  Between that kind of crap and scorpions, you couldn't pay me enough to live there.

Well, it's only hot 3 months out of the year.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Gotta wonder what your definition of "hot" is.  The average high in Phoenix from April through October (seven months) is over 85.  That's "hot" in my book.  In only two months is the average high under 70.  Not for me.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2018, 09:06:28 PM »
No wonder there's no chicks on DTF.

Hey, I resemble that remark. :biggrin:

Anyhoo - I'm in the heart of Texas and I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree that summer can take a long walk off of a short plank.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2018, 09:57:31 AM »
Well let's see, 2 days ago they forecasted 116 in Phx today.  Looks like it's only gonna make it to 112.  Must be a cold front moving in.  :lol :rollin :lol

I took my son to Phoenix last August for a Dodgers @ Diamondbacks game.  We rented a car and drove, and I can recall seeing the outside temperature rising as we got closer to Phoenix.  It was somewhere in the 112-116 range by the time we got there, and I remember getting out of the car at the hotel.  It was the most awful feeling, and it was not the "dry heat" that Phoenix is known for.  We took a Lyft to the game, and I remember breaking out in a sweat just walking from the car to the stadium entrance.  Between that kind of crap and scorpions, you couldn't pay me enough to live there.

Well, it's only hot 3 months out of the year.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Gotta wonder what your definition of "hot" is.  The average high in Phoenix from April through October (seven months) is over 85.  That's "hot" in my book.  In only two months is the average high under 70.  Not for me.

LOL!!  85 is warm, not hot.  I'm talking about 100-105+, and that really isn't too hot compared to 115+.  I'll take 85 all year long and if it stayed at 105 all summer, that would be a blessing.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White