Author Topic: The TERAMAZE Thread - Think "Karnivool meets 90's Dream Theater"  (Read 12902 times)

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Re: The TERAMAZE Thread - Think "Karnivool meets 90's Dream Theater"
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2021, 12:04:45 PM »
Thanks for that bit of information, dude!  That just increased my anticipation quite a bit!  :metal

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2021, 01:06:20 PM »
Her Halo is definitely the standard for me.  Esoteric Symbolism and Are We Soldiers were both pretty good; Anhedonia was a bit of a grower for me.  The ones before that are tripe.  I Wonder was a nice surprise - Dean actually did a decent job on the vocals.  I do prefer Nathan, but that ship has sailed.

Very much looking forward to this new release.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Sartonon

« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2021, 08:28:44 AM »
It is here.. amazing :D

https://youtu.be/HfkIXQvM2i0

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2021, 08:59:22 AM »
It is here.. amazing :D

https://youtu.be/HfkIXQvM2i0

I won't tell Dean this but they sound so much better with Nathan on board and Dean as 2nd fiddle................smart move as it does sound like a sequel to Her Halo.   I don't think it would have otherwise.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2021, 09:19:02 AM »
Is Nathan singing on this album?  I can't keep track of who is singing on what - he changes vocalists every single release it seems.  The last I knew, he eliminated having a lead vocalist and decided to sing himself.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2021, 09:29:12 AM »
Is Nathan singing on this album?  I can't keep track of who is singing on what - he changes vocalists every single release it seems.  The last I knew, he eliminated having a lead vocalist and decided to sing himself.

This is a single 25 min track that serves as a sequel to Her Halo.   No mention of Nathan being back in the band (or any sign Dean has changed his mind about the future) but it makes sense to bring him back for this , seeing as it's a sequel to an album that had him all over it.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Grappler

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2021, 09:30:52 AM »
Ok, I was confused by your post - Metal Archives says that Dean is still singing, which I would believe.  It would be nice to bring Nathan back, but that won't happen. 

The title track is really cool.  The other pre-release songs I heard didn't do much for me at all.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2021, 01:11:01 PM »
yeah, this group is very hit/miss for me.  The only album of theirs that I spin once in a while is Her Halo.  If the new one sounds like Her Halo I'll get it.  Based on a brief sampling of that long track it seems like it's in that vein.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2021, 01:15:16 PM »
yeah, this group is very hit/miss for me.  The only album of theirs that I spin once in a while is Her Halo.  If the new one sounds like Her Halo I'll get it.  Based on a brief sampling of that long track it seems like it's in that vein.

Did you try I Wonder?  It was much better than Are We Soldiers (imo).  The latter was kind of patchy; the former was almost as good as Her Halo.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Grappler

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2021, 07:27:38 PM »
I just read a blurb that Nathan Peachey is on Sorella Minore, along with 3 other singers including Dean.  I fucking give up trying to keep up with who is singing in this band....I swore I heard Nathan's vocals in the title track though, so that makes sense.

Offline Sartonon

« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2021, 08:39:50 PM »
I just read a blurb that Nathan Peachey is on Sorella Minore, along with 3 other singers including Dean.  I fucking give up trying to keep up with who is singing in this band....I swore I heard Nathan's vocals in the title track though, so that makes sense.

This time they are just guest singers portraying the different characters in the story. Next album is planned for Oct/Nov release and Dean will be the singer :D

That upcoming album is in pre-production.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2021, 11:17:52 PM »
I received my Limited Edition of the cd.

It came in a DVD box, and on the side in a DVD size booklet are the Liner Notes with pictures and a booklet. There is also a certificate of authentication, and it's numbered, and two tickets in relation to the concept which I find pretty cool.

Haven't gotten the chance to upload the cd yet. But I have heard the album once, and from what I heard, it's not bad. I really enjoyed how much the title track has essences of Her Halo.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline JLa

« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2021, 01:21:35 AM »
A song from "I wonder" randomly appeared in my Spotify recommendations today. This is some good stuff! I love it when I get surprises like these.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2022, 08:23:34 AM »
TERAMAZE - "Flight of the Wounded" Out Worldwide on Oct 6
Pre order Early Bird Collector Bundles Now!
Click here https://teramaze.com.au/shop/
For Immediate Press Release:
The last few years has seen Teramaze go into a prolific writing frenzy, boasting an amazing feat of releasing 3 full length albums, in a 12 month period. The band is showing no signs of slowing down creatively, with frontman and head songwriter, Dean Wells announcing the band has finished their 10th album. Teramaze will be releasing their latest body of work ‘Flight of the Wounded’ in the coming months.
Wells goes on to say…
“‘Flight of the Wounded’ is our 10th album and is quite possibly our strongest body of work date. From start to finish, from track to track, there really is no filler.
Like everything we’ve ever released, on this album we have poured our everything into every song and left no stone unturned. I’ve always been meticulous about getting the mixes perfect and finding the right guitar and synth sounds. As a band, we’ve always strived to make every song sound as good as it possibly can.
This album will also be my 4th where I am the band’s lead vocalist. I am always trying to 1 up myself from one album to the next. I definitely tried a few new approaches to writing and singing that I hadn’t on previous albums. I tried making my lyric deliveries as strong or as vulnerable as possible, as well as  experimenting with the more gravely tones in my voice. I really pushed myself as vocalist and I think the fans will not be disappointed.
This album is like nothing we’ve release before. It’s going to be a really challenging album to sing live, but we can’t wait to actually tour this album, nationally and hopefully worldwide.”

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2022, 08:38:24 AM »
I saw that. And I’ll be the judge of whether it’s their strongest work or whether there’s no filler.  ;D

Offline Grappler

« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2022, 11:08:34 AM »
"Prolific Writing Frenzy" doesn't automatically mean they're all good records.   :lol    I like some of the albums that they've put out over the last few years, but it's all become so "samey" and I'd much rather have a vocalist other than Dean.  But it is what it is.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2022, 12:01:37 PM »
It's funny. I was so excited about this band when I found out about them, but once Dean kept switching singers and then took over singing himself, I just lost interest. That's a sure fire way to alienate people, and he did it with me.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2022, 02:42:29 PM »
Yeah, the dude does seem to have a bit of an ego. I much preferred Nathan as the vocalist. The albums since Her Halo have all been very good with some great individual tracks, but I’ll always go back to Her Halo and Esoteric Symbolism.

Offline 425

« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2022, 10:55:22 PM »
I only have Her Halo and the newest one, And The Beauty They Perceive, but I love both. AtBTP really hooked me and was heavy in my rotation for a few weeks last year. But maybe I would feel differently about it if I already had their last few albums before it.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Sartonon

« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2022, 01:59:07 AM »

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2023, 07:29:59 PM »
I've been slowly getting into this band, but they have so much material that's been a bit hard for me to find time to listen to everything. Really liking what I've heard so far, though :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2023, 07:55:54 PM »
I've been slowly getting into this band, but they have so much material that's been a bit hard for me to find time to listen to everything. Really liking what I've heard so far, though :tup

Oh, yes, I have noticed your interaction with the band over FB.
Actually I wish they had more albums out ahaha I love them.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2023, 08:01:01 PM »
It's been a touchy subject with Dean at times but they sound so much better with Nathan as lead vocalist

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Grappler

« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2023, 08:25:24 PM »

Hint:  Start with Anhedonia, Esoteric Symbolism, and Her Halo.

After those records, Dean Wells started this weird revolving door of singers.  Bringing one back for one album, then choosing to sing himself, then bringing another singer back. or both former singers back.  For some reason, he seems to think that releasing 2 albums every year is a measure of great success, but it's all starting to blend together for me and I only go back to those three albums above, which are my favorites.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2023, 04:50:05 AM »
It's been a touchy subject with Dean at times but they sound so much better with Nathan as lead vocalist

Bingo

But in reverse order.

After those records, Dean Wells started this weird revolving door of singers.  Bringing one back for one album, then choosing to sing himself, then bringing another singer back. or both former singers back.  For some reason, he seems to think that releasing 2 albums every year is a measure of great success, but it's all starting to blend together for me and I only go back to those three albums above, which are my favorites.

Same... although, every album is still really good.  Ironically, I just spun I Wonder 2 days ago and kept thinking, 'man this is good.'

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2023, 06:07:51 AM »
Anhedonia is good, but I don't find it great. Everything from Esoteric Symbolism onwards is excellent.

First two albums are extremely mediocre.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2023, 07:04:14 AM »
Oh, yes, I have noticed your interaction with the band over FB.
Actually I wish they had more albums out ahaha I love them.

Well, they just posted about working on their 11th studio album already. Most likely coming later this year as well :lol

All those lineup changes are very confusing, since I wasn't following the band then and I really don't know who's playing what or singing where ??? This band needs a Wikipedia page :P

It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2023, 07:18:34 AM »
Guys, next Tuesday I am interviewing Dean.
Do you have any questions for him?

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Grappler

« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2023, 08:17:49 PM »
Same... although, every album is still really good.  Ironically, I just spun I Wonder 2 days ago and kept thinking, 'man this is good.'

I Wonder was the last album that I enjoyed.  I'm due to go back through the Teramaze albums again.  I liked the title track to Sorella Minore and haven't even really listened to And the Beauty They Perceive. 

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2023, 12:16:06 PM »
They released a new song today, which is the bonus track for their new live album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqg_kO6aVLw