Author Topic: There's a special place in Hell for <X>.  (Read 9180 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: There's a special place in Hell for <X>.
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2018, 09:52:59 AM »
..people who'd ask you to go with them to the mall without purpose.
..everyone who works at ticket master and live nation.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2018, 10:59:48 AM »
Whoever built the Providence Place Mall. Holy shit I should’ve stayed home.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2018, 10:15:42 AM »
Writers who use the phrase "would that it were".

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2018, 07:43:52 AM »
People who bite ice cream with their front teeth.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2018, 12:03:44 PM »
The pigeons on my roof.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2018, 01:39:46 PM »
- People ahead of you in the grocery line that don't move the divider behind theirs so you can put your stuff down.

I've actually thought the same. :lol Although, I'm not exactly innocent in that regard, sometimes when I'm tired/I think nobody's behind me I might forget it.

I'm not religious, but I still hope there is some kind of Hell for people who write advertisement jingles. Eughh.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2018, 03:42:00 PM »
People who make loud eating or drinking noises. And commercials featuring people making loud eating or drinking noises.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2018, 04:39:52 PM »
People who make loud eating or drinking noises. And commercials featuring people making loud eating or drinking noises.

Especially is said commercials are um...loud.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2018, 08:03:02 AM »
... that dude "Jamie" from the GEICO commercials.  And that whore Jan from the Toyota spots.

(I suppose this is better in the "mildly irritating" thread, but there you go.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 08:23:22 AM by Stadler »

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2018, 10:33:37 AM »
Child molesters
People who kill children
White supremacists
Nazis

I can't think of anything witty that hasn't already been said so I'm just stating the obvious.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2018, 01:13:21 PM »
... that dude "Jamie" from the GEICO commercials.  And that whore Jan from the Toyota spots.

(I suppose this is better in the "mildly irritating" thread, but there you go.)

Absolutely CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2018, 04:09:51 PM »
... the idiots responsible for the fire that destroyed The Brazilian National Museum in my city yesterday. Millions of items lost and 200 years of history and science down in flames.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2018, 08:45:32 AM »
Litterers!

So other than cig butts, I honestly could not remember seeing someone literally throw trash out a car window. That's a good thing.

But Sunday, this lady in a Jaguar cuts in front of us, pulling out of a Dunkin' Donuts.
We can see she has a cold drink, and then she throws the straw paper out of her window. I was like, WTF?? And then she throws out a fucking napkin. Are you kidding me?? What a piece of shit. I was so pissed.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2018, 11:40:44 AM »
Once I was driving home, and the car in front of me threw out a large McDonald’s bag full of McDonald’s trash.... right on my neighbors lawn.... then proceeds to keep driving.  So I follow them to their house in our neighborhood.  To adults and two kids get out.  I go ape shit yelling at them, and made them drive all the way back and pick it up. 
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2018, 11:43:29 AM »
As awesome as that is, there is no way in hell I would ever do that considering how hot-headed people are these days, many of whom are now packing heat.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2018, 01:40:44 PM »
As awesome as that is, there is no way in hell I would ever do that considering how hot-headed people are these days, many of whom are now packing heat.

This was a good 15 years ago and my wife went ape shit on me when I told her.  Hindsight it could have been a mistake, but I was boiling.  They probably never littered again in that neighborhood
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline MirrorMask

Re: There's a special place in Hell for .
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2018, 11:44:40 AM »
Once I was driving home, and the car in front of me threw out a large McDonald’s bag full of McDonald’s trash.... right on my neighbors lawn.... then proceeds to keep driving.  So I follow them to their house in our neighborhood.  To adults and two kids get out.  I go ape shit yelling at them, and made them drive all the way back and pick it up.

The things we all wish we would be able to do, but refrain from doing it for reasons Cool Chris explained.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2018, 05:22:33 PM »
And that whore Jan from the Toyota spots.

Would that she were!

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2018, 11:56:53 AM »
There's a special place in Hell for loud people. If while on public transport I have to turn my music up to 20+ and I can still hear you piercing through my eardrums, you're too bussing loud!

Train carriages should be sorted by decibel level. Quiet coaches up at one end, moderate conversation coaches in the middle, getting louder until you reach the phone yakkers at the other end, where they can broadcast their (no doubt private) conversations to anyone who cares to listen.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: October 04, 2018, 02:44:09 PM »
Train carriages should be sorted by decibel level. Quiet coaches up at one end, moderate conversation coaches in the middle, getting louder until you reach the phone yakkers at the other end, where they can broadcast their (no doubt private) conversations to anyone who cares to listen.

Many trains here have quiet cars in the front and back, but that is hard enough to keep the loud people out.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2018, 03:03:57 PM »

Many trains here have quiet cars in the front and back, but that is hard enough to keep the loud people out.
I saw a near-riot on a TGV quiet car a few years back. Two guys disagreed over what constituted quiet and their bickering led the rest of the car to choose sides (rather loudly). It was a hoot. They're not so great at fighting collectively, but individually the French are surprisingly confrontational.  :lol

Incidentally, I was actually on the cellphone talker's side. If I heard him at all it was white noise. It's a quiet car--not a silent car. Library volume will suffice, and he was well inside of that. The other guy was really raising hell and making a helluva racket. I think most of the pax were on his side, and since my 20 word French vocabulary wasn't enough to make my case I just observed. Still, I think they got it wrong.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2018, 03:11:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure the people interpret quiet car as silent car around here, but then again that's just from reading commuter friend's complaints.  I won't go in those cars because my headphones will be heard in those cars for sure, plus I just don't like complying with those rules where you know people will be pissy.  They already are in the normal cars, adding more rules just means people will interpret them their own way and lead to what you experienced. 

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2018, 08:23:12 PM »
Telemarketers

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2018, 10:22:10 PM »
Telemarketers

I did telemarketing for a while.  Take it easy on them...they are already in a special place in hell.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline PetFish

« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2018, 10:48:27 PM »
Litterers!

So other than cig butts, I honestly could not remember seeing someone literally throw trash out a car window. That's a good thing.

But Sunday, this lady in a Jaguar cuts in front of us, pulling out of a Dunkin' Donuts.
We can see she has a cold drink, and then she throws the straw paper out of her window. I was like, WTF?? And then she throws out a fucking napkin. Are you kidding me?? What a piece of shit. I was so pissed.

I live in a townhouse strata complex and our main road has so much fast food litter on it.  It's like people buy their "to go" food, drive here and park on the street, throw out the trash, then go into their homes.  Excuse me, you LIVE here, I LIVE here, have a little pride and especially with so many kids around.

I do my best to pick up litter around here as I go but I can't do it all.  GAW!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2018, 11:08:56 PM »
The bus driver who reversed into the front of my parked car this morning.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2018, 05:52:06 AM »

Goddamn!  Damaged bad?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2018, 06:43:10 AM »
Litterers!

I live in a townhouse strata complex and our main road has so much fast food litter on it.  It's like people buy their "to go" food, drive here and park on the street, throw out the trash, then go into their homes.  Excuse me, you LIVE here, I LIVE here, have a little pride and especially with so many kids around.

I do my best to pick up litter around here as I go but I can't do it all.  GAW!

That's a pet peeve of mine as well.  I actually had a niece drop a straw wrapper on my driveway, and when  I called her on it, she said "but don't worry; it will blow away!"  Wha?? 

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2018, 03:50:49 PM »

Goddamn!  Damaged bad?

Yeah bad enough.  Headlight points down when on but not physically and bumper, bonnet and side panel all damaged.  Bus driver was a fuck and I ended up having a good go.  If there wasn't children away I might have done something stupid.  I was livid.

Insurance will take care of it without me having to pay of course but I don't have time to fuck around getting it repaied and organising hire cars and shit.  Bah, oh well shit happens.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2018, 11:50:24 AM »

Goddamn!  Damaged bad?

Yeah bad enough.  Headlight points down when on but not physically and bumper, bonnet and side panel all damaged.  Bus driver was a fuck and I ended up having a good go.  If there wasn't children away I might have done something stupid.  I was livid.

Insurance will take care of it without me having to pay of course but I don't have time to fuck around getting it repaied and organising hire cars and shit.  Bah, oh well shit happens.

See if your insurance policy covers loaners when yours in in the shop due to an accident. When my Mazda got totaled, I had 28 days of a free rental to allow me to find another vehicle without feeling rushed.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2018, 02:19:12 PM »
There's a special place in Hell for e

That's my hot take

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2018, 02:41:47 PM »

Goddamn!  Damaged bad?

See if your insurance policy covers loaners when yours in in the shop due to an accident. When my Mazda got totaled, I had 28 days of a free rental to allow me to find another vehicle without feeling rushed.

Apparently, I don't.  That's extra in my policy which I don't have, and they won't fucking help me at all.  Contacted the bus company's insurance and they said they will reimburse the cost of a rental.  I'm not comfortable or confident with that at the moment, but not many other options.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2018, 08:15:27 PM »
There's a special place in Hell for e

That's my hot take

But... that letter appears multiple times in my name. :-\

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2018, 05:39:17 PM »
Whoever it is that keeps leaving kitchen cabinet doors open when getting things out.

mrs.jingle??  Is that you?

..nope. Mrs. Bitsy. Good god. I walk in randomly and close four drawers and three cabinets before I even know what she’s doing or cooking.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »
Oh the laser eyes, arms slamming cabinet doors and the sailor on the high seas language from the Queen on this matter.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC