Author Topic: NBA thread 2018-2019 v. Raptors are Champs  (Read 79751 times)

Offline T-ski

Re: NBA thread 2018-2019 v. Celtics fans losing their minds
« Reply #630 on: February 15, 2019, 02:04:24 PM »
I'm hoping the operative word there is "done".  :biggrin:

:tdwn
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #631 on: February 16, 2019, 08:40:00 AM »
Hahahahaha.

Personally, I'm hoping the Wolves sign Middleton to play SF, and then shift Wiggins to his more natural PG position. Middleton would be the second option on offense, and Wiggins then becomes expendable, or just a third banana.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #632 on: February 16, 2019, 08:29:30 PM »
Well, that was not entertaining.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #633 on: February 16, 2019, 08:34:54 PM »
That dunk over Shaq was awesome. Loved the airplane one too.

And Tatum hitting from half court! :lol :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #634 on: February 16, 2019, 09:10:34 PM »
The Shaq and J. Cole were cool for sure but everything else wasn’t. The airplane dunk was weak.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 09:12:51 AM by Vmadera00 »

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #635 on: February 18, 2019, 08:53:38 AM »
The Shaq and J. Cole were cool for sure but everything else wasn’t. The airplane dunk was week.

Yep. The dunk contest has been having some serious high and low over the last few years. My guess is that the Gordon vs Lavine contest is still fresh in peoples memories and no one wants to be compared to that.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: NBA thread 2018-2019 v. Lakers still a mess
« Reply #636 on: February 19, 2019, 08:42:30 AM »
The Giannis dunk (you know the one) was incredible, but for me you know which one I loved -- that Karl-Anthony screaming through the lane monster slam. That's my guy right there. But seriously, I'm just glad no one got hurt in the game. LOL.

p.s. dunk contest needs an overhaul. Every time a player misses a dunk, they should automatically deduct 5 points from every judge's score for that dunk. I think all the All Star events need an overhaul, to be honest. I didn't really find them all that exciting.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #637 on: February 21, 2019, 10:35:19 AM »
As the "official" second half of the season is about to begin, here are some of my predictions.

Lakers make the playoff as 7-8 seed. We all know LeBron's best years are behind him in terms of basketball, but we also know he is still one of the best in the league. I expect him and the Lakers to play better.

Harden wins MVP. As much as I dislike his game, he is probably winning the MVP. Unless Giannis has an incredible final stretch that outshines Harden.

The Pacers drop from the top 4 in the east and Philly makes it in. The race for the top 4 spots in the east will be interesting. I expect Toronto to finish at the 1 seed, Mil 2nd, Boston 3rd and Philly 4th.

Miami Heat make the playoff as the 8th seed.

Finals Match-up: GSW Vs. Raptor.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #638 on: February 21, 2019, 10:48:10 AM »
I'll play:

Agreed on the Lakers. I see them making the playoffs as the 8 seed, as I don't expect the Clippers to hold on.

That said, I think both the Kings and Timberwolves will both push the Lakers HARD, and I wouldn't be surprised if either of those two teams, particularly my Wolves, edges them out. I think its unlikely, based on the difficulty of the Kings and Wolves' schedules, however. My guess is Lakers - 8, Wolves - 9, Kings - 10.

Back East, I think its going to be:

1. Milwaukee
2. Toronto
3. Boston
4. Philadelphia
5. Indiana
6. Brooklyn
7. Charlotte
8. Detroit

>>>Predictions - Brooklyn takes Boston to 6 or 7. There is something about the Nets that I think is just gritty and determined, and if healthy, they are going to push the Cs hard.

Ultimately, again, if healthy, I see Philly or Milwaukee coming out of the East.

NBA Finals - Warriors vs. Sixers -- and it'll go seven.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #639 on: February 21, 2019, 11:19:34 AM »
Sam, Philly is NOT coming out of the east.  That’s a fraud team.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #640 on: February 21, 2019, 02:16:37 PM »

If they are healthy and show the same kind of chemistry they did before the All Star break, they absolutely are. Boston has problems. They have a leader and closer that no one on the team likes or trusts. Technically, I think Boston SHOULD come out of the East. But if the team doesn't play like a team, that won't happen. Philly played more like a team those last handful of games with Tobias Harris than the C's have played all year.

I'm not saying Boston can't meld with 25-ish games left. Of course they could. And they might. But right now, at this very moment, I don't see it. If they go into Milwaukee tonight and take it to the Bucks, well then, that's saying something. But if they roll over, that says a lot too.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #641 on: February 21, 2019, 02:23:09 PM »
Philly and Boston have the capability to get thru the east, but there are too many cultural/intangible issues that will prevent them from playing to the best of their ability.

East final is gonna be Raps/Bucks, and it ought to go 7.  I'm not sure the Raptors depth chart is gonna get them all the way thru - after giving up 3 players (and then essentially dumping 2 more) to get Gasol, they have a lot of 'gel-ing' to do in the last 20 games.  Losing Fred Van Fleet to injury sure didn't help.  Lowry (and his wonky back) is gonna be logging a lot of minutes.  Hopefully he can hold up.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #642 on: February 21, 2019, 02:30:57 PM »

If they are healthy and show the same kind of chemistry they did before the All Star break, they absolutely are. Boston has problems. They have a leader and closer that no one on the team likes or trusts. Technically, I think Boston SHOULD come out of the East. But if the team doesn't play like a team, that won't happen. Philly played more like a team those last handful of games with Tobias Harris than the C's have played all year.

I'm not saying Boston can't meld with 25-ish games left. Of course they could. And they might. But right now, at this very moment, I don't see it. If they go into Milwaukee tonight and take it to the Bucks, well then, that's saying something. But if they roll over, that says a lot too.

My comment about Philly doesn't have anything to do with Boston because for once, J Boy is right on this:

East final is gonna be Raps/Bucks,

Don't take the cheese on Philly, Sam. They're frauds.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #643 on: February 22, 2019, 08:57:28 AM »

My comment about Philly doesn't have anything to do with Boston because for once, J Boy is right on this:

East final is gonna be Raps/Bucks,

Don't take the cheese on Philly, Sam. They're frauds.

I hate Jimmy Butler with a passion after the shit he pulled, so no tears from me if they don't make it. I just like what I see with that starting five and the depth they got at the deadline.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #644 on: February 22, 2019, 02:45:12 PM »
It's a bit early to tell, but what I see of that lineup looks legit.  They could be a serious threat. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline dparrott

« Reply #645 on: February 25, 2019, 10:32:18 PM »
The Suns snap their 17 GAME LOSING STREAK by beating the Heat in Miami.  Wow.   :facepalm: :loser: :tdwn
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #646 on: February 26, 2019, 08:51:38 AM »
Suns could do the Wolves a favor and beat up on all the lower teams battling for the playoffs. It is going to be a dogfight.

42 is the magic number for that 8 seed, I think. Which means after last night's huge win against the Kings (and us being down TWO starters), we stand at 29-31 (after a 4-9 start to the season and being without three of our starters for most of the year). We're going to have to go 13-10 the rest of the way. Looking at the schedule, I think the Wolves realistically are looking at 10-13. So we need to pick off a few games we're not supposed to win. The last four or five games of the Wolves' schedule are BRUTAL though. So we'll see. If the team finally is at full strength (for the first time since December) next week (if we get Teague and Rob Covington back), and they are ready to be themselves, we could pull it off. Going to be tough though.

But the Wolves, Kings, and Lakers are all going to fight for that last spot.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #647 on: February 26, 2019, 08:04:13 PM »
I don’t see Boston as much of a threat at the moment. They look flummoxed.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #648 on: February 27, 2019, 06:26:57 AM »
I don’t see Boston as much of a threat at the moment. They look flummoxed.

I've never seen a team so selfish.  So much talent yet so much ego's getting in the way.  So self centered.  All of them.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #649 on: February 27, 2019, 07:13:17 AM »
Kyrie Irving is the cancer on that team.  As good as player as he is, he is an ISO player, and doesn't fit well with a bunch of players who did so well last year as a team without a star. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #650 on: February 27, 2019, 08:02:08 AM »
Yup.  It's also the younger players as well how think they should be getting more minutes and are not.  It's the whole damn team that are putting themselves first over team play.  This team should be rolling through the East.

I've not been watching because they are so unlikable.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #651 on: February 27, 2019, 09:30:39 AM »
So...about those Celtics.  :lol

Big back-to-back for the Pups in Atlanta, and then Indiana. Obviously, they can't lose to the Hawks, and they really need the game in Indy. On my schedule, I have those two games as a split, but they really could use both. Fingers crossed. Covington is on a rehab assignment to the G league for a couple games, so hopefully he will be back next week. We need the whole team healthy to make a push.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #652 on: February 27, 2019, 01:15:06 PM »

:facepalm:
So bad. I don't even know where to begin...

Oh, I know. Kyrie GTFO! That's where.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #653 on: February 27, 2019, 01:25:00 PM »
Seriously... how does any team give up an 18-0 run, and not get a bucket for over 5 minutes?  That's just embarrassing.  I love being a homer, but nobody's defense is *that* good.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #654 on: February 27, 2019, 01:25:43 PM »

:facepalm:
So bad. I don't even know where to begin...

Oh, I know. Kyrie GTFO! That's where.

Talking to another buddy of mine this morning who is a huge C's fan. I told him Ainge and the C's have a decision to make. you either stay young, and let Kyrie walk, or you just go full-on, and trade Tatum, Brown, etc., for vets and try and sign Durant and trade for AD. Imagine that? AD, Durant, Kyrie?

Personally, I think that's hard NOT to do, if you can do it. But I'd rather see them stay young. Let Kyrie walk. Focus on Tatum and Brown. Maybe kick the tires on IT and see if he'd be willing to come back in a 6th man role to mentor the youngins. Ditch Morris (not sure of his contract), and keep Horford as your vet. Those guys had WAY more chemistry without Irving and Hayward last year. And I don't think Hayward is the problem. It's Kyrie, and Morris trying to play hero ball. Those two need to go.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #655 on: February 27, 2019, 01:44:22 PM »
Without a superstar like Kyrie you don't win championships.  Plus you need multiple superstars to win.  That being said, he couldn't lead girl scouts to girl scout cookies.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #656 on: February 27, 2019, 01:45:41 PM »
The knicks with an incredible 2-game winning streak...

The Celtics better figure something out and soon. Maybe trade Kyrie to the Lakers and rejoin him with LeBron  :rollin

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #657 on: February 27, 2019, 02:02:10 PM »
The knicks with an incredible 2-game winning streak...

The Celtics better figure something out and soon. Maybe trade Kyrie to the Lakers and rejoin him with LeBron  :rollin

I wouldn't bet against this being the Lakers starting five next year:

Anthony Davis
Lebron James
*insert 3&D wing*
Klay Thompson
Kyrie Irving

Seriously. Reading the tea leaves, I totally see (if the Lakers implode, which they are) Kyrie ditching Boston and hitching his wagon to Lebron again, Klay leaving the Warriors, and then that trade for AD. Not saying it WILL happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. That ensures a future for the Lakers after Lebron is done (even after losing a ton of their young pieces and draft picks, because Thompson and Davis are still relatively young), and calls to mind the Showtime Lakers...except Lebron is in the place of Kareem.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #658 on: February 27, 2019, 02:16:29 PM »
Honestly, I have no issue if Kyrie wants to go to NY and play wherever he wants. But if he goes and plays with LeBron, that just proves he's a douche pussy. I mean, the evidence is already strong.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #659 on: February 27, 2019, 02:49:35 PM »
Honestly, I have no issue if Kyrie wants to go to NY and play wherever he wants. But if he goes and plays with LeBron, that just proves he's a douche pussy. I mean, the evidence is already strong.

That phone call sealed the deal. He called to apologize and get advice my ass. He called saying he's bailing on the Celtics and to keep a seat warm. I have no respect for Lebron or Kyrie. Both are in similar situations. Big time players in the league with young rosters, and both guys have alienated all those young players. They deserve each other. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #660 on: February 27, 2019, 08:27:05 PM »
Luckiest shot of his career? D wade with back-to-back 3s to win the game

And the Celtics lose again
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:34:36 PM by Vmadera00 »

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #661 on: February 28, 2019, 08:16:29 AM »
Timberwolves...

*sigh*

Offline dparrott

« Reply #662 on: February 28, 2019, 07:12:02 PM »
Luckiest shot of his career? D wade with back-to-back 3s to win the game

I wrote that game off before it started.  This team loses to the Suns but beats the W?  Crazy.

Still love those Heat Vice uniforms to death.  Best branding ever IMO.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #663 on: March 01, 2019, 07:43:45 AM »
FML

Thank God baseball season is here.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #664 on: March 02, 2019, 07:18:09 AM »
Bucks win again, first to clinch a playoff birth.