Author Topic: NBA thread 2018-2019 v. Raptors are Champs  (Read 79811 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: NBA thread 2018-2019 v. Lakers fighting to get a 1st round thumping
« Reply #595 on: February 08, 2019, 11:45:20 AM »
I like the way the draft was done for the All-Star game. I also like the idea of trading players. It should be fun this year

Great shot.  If the Lakers are lucky, they can go on a run, grab the 8 seed, and get their asses kicked in the 1st round by the Warriors. :tup :tup

Yeah, IF the lakers make the playoffs (probably 6-8 seed), it will be a first round exit, which will be the first time LeBron gets eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #596 on: February 08, 2019, 11:52:41 AM »
Both the Warriors and OKC should be able to deal with the Lakers without much problems, however, as good as the Nuggets are right now, I'm not sure they can deal with playoff Lebron and playoff Rondo. They're still young and have no experience in the post-season.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #597 on: February 08, 2019, 02:47:43 PM »
But it's much less poetic if it's some team other than the Warriors kicking LeBron's team to the curb.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #598 on: February 08, 2019, 03:42:15 PM »
Warriors-Sixers in the NBA Finals.

Warriors in 7. Will be a thriller.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #599 on: February 08, 2019, 03:43:30 PM »

That's wont go 7. Not even close.

But it's a moot point anyway because the Sixers are NOT coming out of the East.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #600 on: February 08, 2019, 04:04:58 PM »
I'm not remotely ready to call the east.  It got REALLY interesting in the last 24 hours. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #601 on: February 08, 2019, 04:07:14 PM »
I'm not remotely ready to call the east.  It got REALLY interesting in the last 24 hours.

It'll be Bucks/Raptors in the East Finals.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #602 on: February 08, 2019, 04:17:03 PM »
I hate Butler, but I will put a small wager on Philly coming out of the East and not Boston. Loser buys a CD  for the winner of the winner's choosing up to $20 (total). You in, TAC?
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #603 on: February 08, 2019, 04:18:03 PM »
Well, since he didn't pick Boston, I don't see him taking that bet, but...  :dunno:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #604 on: February 08, 2019, 04:32:29 PM »
Well, since he didn't pick Boston, I don't see him taking that bet, but...  :dunno:

:lol  Right?!

I hate Butler, but I will put a small wager on Philly coming out of the East and not Boston. Loser buys a CD  for the winner of the winner's choosing up to $20 (total). You in, TAC?

I don't bet, Sam, so you'll have to settle for an "I told you so!"  ;D

Offline T-ski

« Reply #605 on: February 08, 2019, 05:47:39 PM »

I will have to disagree.  The Mirotic trade for the Bucks was sneaky good, and they didnt give up anything other than 2nd round picks. Both the Sixers and Raps depleted their bench’s in their acquisitions.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #606 on: February 09, 2019, 03:17:51 AM »

I will have to disagree.  The Mirotic trade for the Bucks was sneaky good, and they didnt give up anything other than 2nd round picks. Both the Sixers and Raps depleted their bench’s in their acquisitions.

That's what I don't like about the Gasol trade.  Wright and Miles provided some very important and dependable rest minutes for the starters.  Plus, dropping Monroe (who was also very dependable) means Gasol and Ibaka better stay healthy, or they're screwed at center.  They still have to sign/buyout 3 more players to fill top up to the 14 player minimum.  Who are we gonna buyout??  Carm?  :lolpalm:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #607 on: February 10, 2019, 08:13:45 AM »
Giannis sits, and the Bucks don't even look average.  Hope for their sake that's not an indication of anything (although, I hope it is!).  Celtics... that was an epic collapse.  It's amazing how terrible and how good teams can play from one half to the next - the Raps did it the other night vs the Hawks.  How does a team get more points in 1Q than they do in 2H?  It's just incredible to me - it sure isn't the strength of Orlando's defense.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline T-ski

« Reply #608 on: February 10, 2019, 11:37:07 AM »
Giannis sits, and the Bucks don't even look average.  Hope for their sake that's not an indication of anything (although, I hope it is!).  Celtics... that was an epic collapse.  It's amazing how terrible and how good teams can play from one half to the next - the Raps did it the other night vs the Hawks.  How does a team get more points in 1Q than they do in 2H?  It's just incredible to me - it sure isn't the strength of Orlando's defense.

I like to refer to that Bucks game as a "schedule loss".    ;)

In all honesty though, that is the ONLY game this year the Bucks have looked totally noncompetitive.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #609 on: February 10, 2019, 06:41:06 PM »
Fair enough.  Hope it's a trend.  :P

Offline T-ski

« Reply #610 on: February 12, 2019, 07:36:33 AM »
If this trend continues, there is no stopping Giannis.

3-point shooting this season by month.....

October       6.3%
November 14.3%
December  22.2%
January      30.6%
February     42.9%

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: NBA thread 2018-2019 v. Celtics fans losing their minds
« Reply #611 on: February 14, 2019, 01:48:24 PM »
Big win by the Wolves last night. Huge games from Towns and Okogie. Kid's defense is coming along, as is his shot. I expect Okogie to be a Ron Artest-like guy. Not a star, but a 15 ppg guy who gets assigned to the opposing team's best defender. He played that role well last night against Harden.

Sadly, even though we're just two rotation players down (three, since Wiggins was sick last night), I just don't see the Wolves climbing out of the hole they are in. At 27-30 (which, for the record, is 23-21 AFTER the Butler trade, and we haven't had one of those guys, Covington for a ton of games, not three other rotation guys), and looking at the last 25 games, they are going to have to go around 16-9 to make it. Forty-three wins is probably what it is going to take.

After going over each upcoming game, I think the Wolves are going to probably go 12-13, maybe 13-12 (if they get the revenge game against Philly, which seems unlikely). Assuming 12-13, a 39-43 record isn't going to get it done.

Could be a lost season. Such a shame. The Butler shit really screwed things up, and then the injuries really hit hard. I still don't remember a playoff team being hit THIS hard. I mean, at one point we were missing six of our top 10 players for a two-month stretch. Even now, with Rose and Teague back, we're still without Covington, who is our best defender, and Tyus Jones, who is a huge glue guy and rotation piece.

The Wolves continue to fight though, and I admire them for it. Just fingers-crossed they can find some way to get hot, and play like I know they can play for the last 25 games. Not likely, again, given all the injuries and drama taking their toll, but I'm hoping. Playoff hopes not dead yet. Still on life support, but there's a chance...

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #612 on: February 14, 2019, 02:10:48 PM »
Nice 6-game winstreak for the Raps heading in to the break.  This while finding out Fred VF will be out for 5 weeks, and 2 new players (Gaso and Linsanity!!), along with some other G-league callups.  Siakim with a couple of career highs in that span, dropping 44 last night - 30 in the 2nd half.  The Raptors have had 15 different starting lineups this year.  I don't know where to find the stats on how that compares, but I know I heard at one point (when they were at 12) they were leading the league in that stat.

23 games to go, and only 1 back of the Bucks (though, they have 2 games in hand).  I'm almost as excited for them as I am for the Leafs.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #613 on: February 14, 2019, 02:38:13 PM »
The East 1-6 is the top story for me coming down the stretch. The Cs, Raps, 76ers, Bucks, along with the Nets, all are the most intriguing for me. I think the Pacers will slide. Matthews is good, but he's not Oladipo, and even if Sabonis and Turner make a leap, I just don't see them doing a lot more.

The second best story is the 8 seed in the West. The Wolves, Lakers and Kings are all vying for that spot, and they all have tough schedules. The Spurs meanwhile, along with the Jazz, have easier schedules. The Clippers will drop like a rock. But I don't see the Wolves making it. They may make a charge, but they are too far behind. Unless they get really hot, I find it unlikely. The Kings, however, I think they have the best shot for the 8 seed. I don't have a lot of faith in Lebron's Lakers. After the whole AD mess, I don't think his teammates want to play with him. And I wouldn't blame them.

Going to be some great drama coming down the stretch. Will be fun. I still think Philly, if that chemistry is right, will come out of the East. But I see them and BOston having a huge battle. The Raps and Bucks are right there too, but I think Philly and Boston are deeper. We'll see.

It's going to be a blast after the All Star break if you're an NBA junkie.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #614 on: February 14, 2019, 04:38:15 PM »
I'm curious to see how the Raps bench will hold up with the loss of 4 players that have been there all season, along with Fred VF being out until almost playoff time... not to mention Lowry's wonky back, and the team 'pacing' Leonard.  I haven't checked their schedule, but all those factors could conceivably see them drop a spot or two.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #615 on: February 14, 2019, 05:45:58 PM »
All I know is the Bucks have the best record, haven’t lost back-to-back games yet, and haven’t lost to any team twice all season.  I’m enjoying every minute of it.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #616 on: February 14, 2019, 11:32:00 PM »
Blazers are driving me crazy. Lose to the Thunder...then stomp the Warriors.

I really believe we have a very strong team with the potential to beat anyone. Unfortunately, it just depends on which team shows up.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #617 on: February 15, 2019, 07:49:29 AM »
I really believe we have a very strong team ...

Oh, congratulations.  I didn't realize they offered you a contract.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #618 on: February 15, 2019, 09:17:33 AM »

It's about the same length and compensation the Warriors give you for defending Draymond Green.  :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #619 on: February 15, 2019, 09:19:16 AM »
All I know is the Bucks have the best record, haven’t lost back-to-back games yet, and haven’t lost to any team twice all season.  I’m enjoying every minute of it.

Been a hell of a run. I have loved Khris Middleton his entire career. Guy reminds me for some reason as a bigger version of Michael Redd. Loved that guy's game.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #620 on: February 15, 2019, 09:30:14 AM »

It's about the same length and compensation the Warriors give you for defending Draymond Green.  :lol

If it somehow makes you feel better to think that my role is to "defend" any NBA players, then I guess by all means continue living in that fantasy.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #621 on: February 15, 2019, 09:34:44 AM »
Lucky for me I can't defend the Celtics play this season.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #622 on: February 15, 2019, 10:28:49 AM »

If it somehow makes you feel better to think that my role is to "defend" any NBA players, then I guess by all means continue living in that fantasy.

Warriors fans. So touchy when it comes to their team. Ease up, bosk. It's Friday.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #623 on: February 15, 2019, 10:31:36 AM »
I'm not touchy about the Warriors.  I'm touchy about people making trolling comments and attributing things to me that aren't true.  That's not particularly cool on any day of the week.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #624 on: February 15, 2019, 10:42:11 AM »
Come on Bosk, he was just trying to be funny. Let's all be friends, even if we disagree on Draymond  :smiley:
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #625 on: February 15, 2019, 10:43:07 AM »
I'm not touchy about the Warriors.  I'm touchy about people making trolling comments and attributing things to me that aren't true.  That's not particularly cool on any day of the week.

First of all, it wasn't a trolling comment. You are a fan of the Warriors. You defend the Warriors play, and specifically Draymond Green and what he does, to anyone who will listen The entirety of this thread shows that. That's not trolling. It's called pointing out that you have done that previously.

Are you really that uptight about your fandom of the Warriors that you can't take a bit of ribbing? Apparently so. Your forum though, so I'll move on from further joking at your expense. Have a nice weekend.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #626 on: February 15, 2019, 10:51:46 AM »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline T-ski

« Reply #628 on: February 15, 2019, 02:00:51 PM »

Been a hell of a run. I have loved Khris Middleton his entire career. Guy reminds me for some reason as a bigger version of Michael Redd. Loved that guy's game.

the Bucks are in a no-win situation with Middleton.  Signing him to a large contract could kill roster flexibility, letting him go could kill team chemistry.  The Bucks realistically only have one starter, Giannis, under contract for next season, all other starters are free agents or restricted free agents.  They shed enough salary with trades to make it possible to sign everyone again, but this could be a one and done type run for this specific cast of players.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #629 on: February 15, 2019, 02:02:31 PM »
I'm hoping the operative word there is "done".  :biggrin: