Author Topic: NBA thread 2018-2019 v. Raptors are Champs  (Read 78369 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: NBA thread 2018-2019 v. Lilliard sends Westbrick home for the offseason
« Reply #770 on: April 28, 2019, 06:27:39 AM »
So yeah ... Leonard was on fire. But, and coach Nurse said, every game is different. I don't expect that level of domination every game. Shutting down Butler and Emblid are the real keys to victory.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline T-ski

Re: NBA thread 2018-2019 v. R.I.P. John Havlicek
« Reply #771 on: April 28, 2019, 01:24:37 PM »
Celtics took the Bucks lunch money then punched them in the nuts.

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #772 on: April 28, 2019, 01:58:14 PM »
Really surprised.   Do the C's really have an on/off switch?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #773 on: April 28, 2019, 02:29:02 PM »
A lot of people hate on Colin Cowherd, who can be a bit of an elitist douche at times, but he has been saying for months that the Celtics will be fine once the playoffs start and be the team to beat in the East.  He looks pretty smart so far.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #774 on: April 28, 2019, 05:15:21 PM »
From a Boston prospective the behavior of all player and the see saw of emotions dealing with Kyrie mde this season soured and us not believing in them.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #775 on: April 28, 2019, 05:48:01 PM »
They were really unlikeable.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #776 on: April 29, 2019, 12:03:27 PM »
They are pretty thin.  But if they somehow get past Denver, I don't think it's asking too much to think they could beat up on the garbage Blazers.  Still not even sure how that team made it out of the first round.

How bout a wager. 

If the Blazers make it to the Western finals (at which point, I do think they will fall...but I think they have a very strong chance of getting there) you have to change to a "Rip City" avatar for the remainder of the playoffs.    If they don't, I will change mine to an avatar of your choice for the remainder of the playoffs.

Sure, why not?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #777 on: April 30, 2019, 11:08:17 AM »
Love this article on Harden.

https://theundefeated.com/features/james-harden-houston-rockets-disrespects-the-unwritten-rules-of-basketball/

A lot of it is tongue-in-cheek.  But there's some meat to it as well, especially if you watch the linked videos where it shows defenders basically going up vertical, and Harden jumping forward three feet and then arguing that the defender invaded his landing space. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #778 on: April 30, 2019, 12:18:33 PM »
I don't even need to read it. As a player, coach, and fan, Harden clearly does things just like Reggie Miller started back in the day, and I am surprised they haven't done a side-by-side comparison. He kicks in to the defender. There's a rule for that. They don't enforce it. I am not a fan of GS or Houston, so the series is just annoying for me to watch as a whole. But man, talk about a series of the biggest whiners in the game. Geez.

Harden should be called for an offensive foul EVERY SINGLE TIME he jumps into the defender. You need to go up VERTICALLY. Not vertically "and let's see if I can lean my legs or shoulders out and get a call." It's bullshit, and why the rule is there in the first place. I started watching Towns do it, and then he stopped, thankfully because the coaching staff on the team told him to stop.

Chris Paul should have been suspended. Period. You touch a ref in any manner with any sort of frustration (I mean, if its a complete not looking where you are going and you bump the ref, that should be OK), you should be thrown out of the game, and suspended for the next game. I hate Draymond Green with a passion, as he's the biggest whiner in the game. But you KNOW if Draymond Green touches a ref, he'd be shit-canned for the next game. Paul got special treatment. It's ridiculous. Paul also plays dirty.

/rant
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline T-ski

« Reply #779 on: April 30, 2019, 08:36:04 PM »
Bucks/Celtics game two goes complete 180 from game one.

maybe we could get some games where both teams play up to their potential.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #780 on: April 30, 2019, 10:12:23 PM »
Am I the only League Pass subscriber here?

They recently introduced couple new viewing modes, and one is called the Mascot Mode; in which there are on-screen effects with player's names on the floor like in 2K the game. It sucks that's about all and I cannot control those players, and make Harden to play D.  :lol
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #781 on: May 01, 2019, 05:23:23 AM »
It doesn’t matter what we see/Say about Harden. As long as he continues to get the calls he is going to keep on doing what he does.

I have not been keeping up as much as I would like with games, but I was laughing at an Article on ESPN where harden was complaining about a ref for game 2.

Also, Curry’s finger looked broken, but I expect him to play in a few days with a cast.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Harden is obviously a great player, but his style of play, where he clearly tries to do everything he can to get fouls called non-stop, is very off-putting.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #783 on: May 01, 2019, 09:39:24 AM »
Am I the only League Pass subscriber here?

They recently introduced couple new viewing modes, and one is called the Mascot Mode; in which there are on-screen effects with player's names on the floor like in 2K the game. It sucks that's about all and I cannot control those players, and make Harden to play D.  :lol

I have it, but only the single team option, which is the Wolves.

re: Harden - this bullshit has to stop. The competition committee needs to discuss and authorize a rule change that if a player is judged by a referee to intentionally try and draw a foul by any other means other than a pump fake, which is allowed, that it will result in a common foul on the player trying to draw it. This shit has to end. It makes the game unwatchable. I watched the first quarter of that Warriors-Rockets game last night, and I turned it off. I won't watch the rest of the series. Between the stupid drawing fouls to the whining, just enough already.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
But they WON'T do that, because that is such a huge part of Harden's game that it would take him down from "in the MVP discussion every year" to just "really good."

Offline Azyiu

re: Harden - this bullshit has to stop. The competition committee needs to discuss and authorize a rule change that if a player is judged by a referee to intentionally try and draw a foul by any other means other than a pump fake, which is allowed, that it will result in a common foul on the player trying to draw it. This shit has to end. It makes the game unwatchable. I watched the first quarter of that Warriors-Rockets game last night, and I turned it off. I won't watch the rest of the series. Between the stupid drawing fouls to the whining, just enough already.

In all fairness, Game 2 was played quite cleanly for the most parts. I think the refs did a good job in making most of the calls quite consistently. The Rockets simply got beat.  :hat
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline jammindude

Wow....those Blazers sure are terrible...

:metal :hat
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
:lol  Slow your roll, bro.  It's only 1-1, and against the Nuggets.  Even the Clippers were able to take 2 games against the #1 seed.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
I *HATE* the Nuggets. There was something in that "play-in" game in 2018 that sparked some true rage that is usually saved for the Red Sox late in the season. A budding Minnesota-Denver rivalry. Anyone playing the Nuggets has my full support. GO BLAZERS.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Azyiu

What a BS ending to an otherwise great game... the Dubs just let the Rockets get away with a win at the end like that?!  :tdwn
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline jammindude

I’m at a family reunion all weekend, but it looks like I missed the game of the century last night! QUADRUPLE OT??? Are you kidding me???
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline contest_sanity

I’m at a family reunion all weekend, but it looks like I missed the game of the century last night! QUADRUPLE OT??? Are you kidding me???

Rodney Hood with the game-winner in 4OT -- just as we all predicted!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Raptors gutted out a solid victory yesterday - though, only using a 6-man rotation is gonna be hard on them.  The bench had better step up at some point - zero points for anyone below the top 6 isn't gonna cut it.  Kawhi isn't going to continue to shoot 62% all playoffs.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd really appreciate it if the Raps would get this won. You all know my hatred of Butler and his BS with the Wolves. But I've come to despise Embiid and Simmons to a great deal. Harris seems like a good guy. Hoping he goes home to the Knicks or Nets after this run.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline T-ski

Bucks are having their way with Boston.

It’d be nice to finish it on Wednesday and let Philly and Toronto continue to beat on each other in seven.

Offline Azyiu

Bucks are having their way with Boston.

It’d be nice to finish it on Wednesday and let Philly and Toronto continue to beat on each other in seven.

I would love to see a Raptors / Bucks ECF... Leonard vs Antetokoumpo going mano a mano would be a basketball fans' dream.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
This Celtics season has been totally disgusting. There is no way they can bring Kyrie back. I think his departure will be mutual.

Just a totally lost season. I would say that ONLY Marcus Smart played to expectations this year. Not one player took the next step.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Kyrie leaving the court with 10 second left on the clock is very poetic how he handled being a leader this year.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
If I were the Celtics, I'd sit Kyrie for this last game, and make a statement. He conducted himself like a punk, and that's not cool. Horrendous leader. His postgame comments were equally as stupid. i am no fan of the Celtics, but Danny needs to just cut his losses and move on. And it should start with next game. May light a fire under the rest of the team to play better.

I feel sorry for whoever signs Kyrie in the offseason. THe guy's knee is going to give in the next season or two, and he's no leader. He's a second option. Always Robin, not meant to be Batman. Would not surprise me in the least if he ended up back with Lebron in LA. The Nets don't want him, I don't think the Knicks want him (they are all in on Durant, and probably would prefer a second tier FA after Durant like Middleton or Harris), and I just don't see the market screaming for Kyrie except for those spots. The Clippers are too smart to even entertain the idea.

Clearly, given IT's injuries, Ainge made the correct move, but its time to just move on.

Hayward has gone through a traumatic injury, and I know it must be hard to trust your body, but dude has to perform like he did pre-injury. The Celtics need his aggressive moves to the cup. If he's not going to do it, sit him and put guys in who will.

Go Bucks, Go Raps, Go Blazers.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Azyiu

Both the Raptors and Bucks are mere one win away from meeting in the ECF... please let that match up between Kawhi and Antetokounmpo happen  :hefdaddy
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Both the Raptors and Bucks are mere one win away from meeting in the ECF... please let that match up between Kawhi and Antetokounmpo happen  :hefdaddy

That'd be an epic clash. I think they'd probably guard one another. Be interesting to see if Kawhi can shut down The Freak.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: NBA thread 2018-2019 v. Lakers in freefall, Westbrook out of control
« Reply #801 on: May 08, 2019, 08:57:58 AM »
That's cool.  I would imagine they should make it at least to the East Finals.  I don't imagine anyone but the 76ers or Raptors being able to challenge them (I think the Celtics' injuries take them out of the race).

I'll say it again...The Sixers are total Frauds. They are not getting out of the second round.

So Tim... I guess last night's Philly team was the one you've been warning everyone about??  :lol

Hope that team shows up again tomorrow.  :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Kyrie.  Wth.

Offline T-ski

Re: NBA thread 2018-2019 v. Kyrie Irving shoots himself out of Beantown
« Reply #804 on: May 09, 2019, 07:34:26 AM »
typical national media talking about the Celtics losing rather than the Bucks winning.

we'll just keeping chugging along, eventually they'll see just how good the team really is.