Author Topic: Bands you wished didn't exist  (Read 7004 times)

Online MirrorMask

Re: Bands you wished didn't exist
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2018, 02:01:03 AM »
 :sadpanda:
There's no escaping such songs and worse if you got kids  :biggrin:

I'm a metalhead who hangs out with other metalheads, I don't listen to the radio, when going to work I use my muuuuusic plaaayeeeeer and during car trips I listen to CDs or compilations from the USB pen. It's not that hard, especially if you don't go to the disco or spend your whole vacation lying on a beach all day long, to avoid commercial songs, to the point that you barely recognize them if you ever heard them in passing.

But yeah, I imagine that having kids makes it all more difficult  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2018, 03:32:34 AM »
So bound?

Totally said that a few times.

SO ENERGY, POWAH!

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2018, 03:56:44 AM »
Only bands/artists I REALLY hate (and wish they didn't exist because they grate on me that much) are:

U2
Simply Red
The Pet Shop Boys

God, I can't stand them!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2018, 06:03:44 AM »
Over 12,000 songs in my iTunes and I am proud to say that I have zero songs by Nickelback, Kiss or Pearl Jam in it.  :tup :tup

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2018, 06:31:05 AM »
Over 12,000 songs in my iTunes and I am proud to say that I have zero songs by Nickelback, Kiss or Pearl Jam in it.  :tup :tup

I have all 3 on my I-Pod.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2018, 06:52:27 AM »
I can't really think of any band that I hate so much that I want them erased from music history.

Though there are some that I would consider no big loss
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2018, 08:06:25 AM »
I wish Dream Theater didn't exist so that we would never have had this amazing online community.

Oh and 4 Non Blondes..... I hate that song. You know which one I'm talking about.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2018, 08:07:53 AM »
Oh and 4 Non Blondes..... I hate that song. You know which one I'm talking about.

I SAID HEY

WHATS GOIN ON?

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2018, 08:11:19 AM »

I SAID HEY

WHATS GOIN ON?

My whole body involuntarily twitched upon reading that   :censored

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2018, 08:13:52 AM »

I was just reading Linda Perry (singer for 4NB) is married to Sarah Gilbert (Darlene from Roseanne). Learn somethin new every day.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2018, 08:19:44 AM »
I went reading as welll... they had a single album and a single hit before breaking up.

I mean, DT has a single hit as well, but at least they didn't split up after Images and Words  ;D

Sometimes don't you feel for these kind of bands? known to the general public for one or two songs mostly, and the average concert goer caring only for said hits?

Imagine a scenario where DT break it even bigger than they did in 1992, but falling into not infinity, but total obscurity shortly after, and their concerts in small venues attended by 10-20 dedicated fans, and everyone else showing up only to hear Pull Me Under.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2018, 08:43:12 AM »
^^ A female friend of mine went to see Journey and Asia last year. Only knew "Heat of the Moment" and "Don't Stop Believing" (but was still so pumped about seeing them for some reason)... lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2018, 08:56:59 AM »

I was just reading Linda Perry (singer for 4NB) is married to Sarah Gilbert (Darlene from Roseanne). Learn somethin new every day.

I did not know that, but it totally makes sense to me.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2018, 09:29:10 AM »

Your iPod sucks then.  :)   

There's at least a strong Greatest Hits for all three (and I would say "Ten" is essential listening). 

Speaking of 4NB, the girl that opened for Myles Kennedy in New York (Chloe Lowery) busted that out (it's called "What's Up?") after butchering "Me And Bobby McGee", and  before "Chandelier" by Sia. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2018, 05:58:43 PM »

I have all 3 on my I-Pod.

Kiss and Pearl Jam I would have expected, but Nickelback??

Your iPod sucks then.  :)   

I was talking about my iTunes (not my iPod).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2018, 06:50:05 PM »
I like certain songs early in their career but by 2010 I gave up.  That on your face, no dimension sound wore me down.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2018, 06:55:55 PM »
U2 has a nice collection of good songs from the 80's and early 90s. Couldn't care less about their newer stuff.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2018, 06:57:04 PM »
U2 has a nice collection of good songs from the 80's and early 90s. Couldn't care less about their newer stuff.

I'm a huge fan but their last few albums have not grabbed me at all

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2018, 12:20:11 AM »
I love The Joshua Tree and How To Dismantle is a great album too. I don't know their other albums that well, but I might check them out in the future. They're one of those bands I like, but nothing more.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2018, 07:21:55 AM »
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2018, 09:15:34 AM »
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS

Man. I didn't think about this but for the sake of entertaining the premise of this thread, I would agree with this. I continue to find more songs by STP that I've heard for a long time but didn't know they did them, and oof. Dead and Bloated is in the running for worst rock song ever.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2018, 10:18:50 AM »
WUT?  STP rules.  Your ears are broken.  Both of you! :lol

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2018, 11:04:15 AM »
I've hated STP since I was 8 years old. Them and Nirvana are the worst.

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2018, 11:06:45 AM »
The Rolling Stones.

There, I said it!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2018, 11:22:09 AM »
This is largely "Bands I Hate" but the B-52s. Because damn if that Love Shack song didn't dominate the airwaves in the 80s, not to mention Rock Lobster. My favorite dance club always played those two songs, and both songs were automatic pee breaks. So maybe I should be thankful that crap band wrote those songs, as it always gave me a good time to hit the head.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2018, 11:57:16 AM »
This is largely "Bands I Hate" but the B-52s. Because damn if that Love Shack song didn't dominate the airwaves in the 80s, not to mention Rock Lobster. My favorite dance club always played those two songs, and both songs were automatic pee breaks. So maybe I should be thankful that crap band wrote those songs, as it always gave me a good time to hit the head.

Is your car not as big as a whale? ;)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2018, 12:05:32 PM »

It's tin roof is..........

Rusted.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2018, 03:06:12 PM »

Favorite dance club? When the hell was that ever a thing? Seems to me that the B-52's would be the best thing played in a f'n dance club.

I'm gonna forget I even read that.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2018, 04:20:21 PM »
C'mon, brah, you never hit the clubs when you were in you early 20s? Were electric lights and amplified sound not invited yet?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2018, 04:35:28 PM »
Only hit a club if there was a heavy metal band playing. I was most definitely not a club guy.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2018, 07:57:20 PM »
Tim was allergic to p@$$y back in the day.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2018, 08:02:34 PM »
 :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2018, 08:00:45 AM »

It's tin roof is..........

Rusted.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2018, 10:37:47 AM »
Honestly, ever since I grew out of my teenage prog snob/music elitist phase, I've developed a "live and let live" attitude regarding music. If, for example, some friends have bonded over their love for Nickelback or Justin Bieber's songs have helped someone through rough times, then who am I to take that away from them? I may not be into stuff like that myself, but I wouldn't wish they never existed simply out of selfishness.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2018, 01:54:42 PM »
Nickelturd - just hate their sound, everything sounds the same
Foo Fighters - see above
Green Day - so called punk, just annoyingly bad
Nirvana - never clicked with me, destroyed metal in the early 90's
The Cure - urgh ....