Author Topic: Do you like Girlschool (all-female band)?  (Read 567 times)

Offline WildRanger

Do you like Girlschool (all-female band)?
« on: June 12, 2018, 03:51:50 PM »

Offline pg1067

Re: Do you like Girlschool (all-female band)?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 03:58:05 PM »
I'm familiar with the song they did with Motorhead ("Please Don't Touch"), but I'm not really sure I've ever heard any other song they did (although the cover of Play Dirty looks familiar to me).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 04:05:04 PM »
Wow... never heard anyone talk about Girlschool except for one person. My old man doesn't dig deep with music, he still has some old vinyls and all that but he's mentioned Girlschool to me my whole life. Saw them live, too. Always looked for their music in record stores and have yet to ever see them. For some reason I've never listened to them, but I just looked them up on Spotify and had no idea they stayed active and are still releasing music.

Listening to Race with the Devil right now. I'm impressed; I don't listen to many rock songs with this kind of groove but I like it. Cool, I'm gonna check out an album. Hope it rocks.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 04:49:14 PM »
Last thread I'd ever expect to see on DTF...

Was never really into them. Actually saw them open for Deep Purple in 1984.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol