Author Topic: Michael Romeo solo track off upcoming solo album!!  (Read 17112 times)

Offline Lethean

Re: Michael Romeo solo track off upcoming solo album!!
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2018, 08:41:25 AM »
Listening to this album, I find it very good, it's very cinematic, like a soundtrack for a Marvel movie lol. I am loving it.

Anyone up to review it?

Uh, it's not out yet... :huh:

It’s not, but we got a promo copy.

So - that means what?  You're offering it to us in exchange for posting our opinions about the album?  Cool, why not?  :P  Or, are you asking random people on a DT forum to write an "official" review for whoever "we" are?  Just curious... :)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2018, 11:49:12 AM »
Listening to this album, I find it very good, it's very cinematic, like a soundtrack for a Marvel movie lol. I am loving it.

Anyone up to review it?

Uh, it's not out yet... :huh:

It’s not, but we got a promo copy.

So - that means what?  You're offering it to us in exchange for posting our opinions about the album?  Cool, why not?  :P  Or, are you asking random people on a DT forum to write an "official" review for whoever "we" are?  Just curious... :)

In the past I have done the same, in that way Rodrigo Altaf and Friedrich Stenzel (both members of DTF have had the chance to review albums and do interviews with band members of many bands and later we post such reviews/interviews in our online magazine.

Si, if anyone wants to do it with the Michael Romeo album said person should contact me privately to get the directions and the link to the album. Get it now?

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2018, 05:29:14 PM »
DJINN is  :metal

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2018, 01:40:14 AM »
The end part of the solo in Djinn, 3:56+ reminds me of a Dream Theater/JP solo I can't quite figure out. Is it just me?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2018, 02:22:49 AM »
Intro reminds me of Shattered Fortress.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2018, 05:52:18 AM »
So, a Michael Romeo solo album that sounds just like Symphony X...............okay, take my money.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2018, 05:58:06 AM »
The end part of the solo in Djinn, 3:56+ reminds me of a Dream Theater/JP solo I can't quite figure out. Is it just me?

The solo is different but the whole thing reminds me of the short heavy solo in Ministry of Lost Souls

EDIT:  Actually, how about Illumination Theory?  I think that's it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2018, 07:19:43 AM »
Since I dig the two released tracks a lot, I just read the information and missed it was a two parter. Apparently the other part is almost ready as well, but will be released later so that people can soak the first one in.

And SX seems to be on track to do another album (next year?) as well, so suddenly we will see significantly more Romeo awesomeness than we have gotten in long time  :metal

So, a Michael Romeo solo album that sounds just like Symphony X...............okay, take my money.

Haha, yes, that seems to be basically it.

Don't know who it is, but the vocals sound mighty fine as well thus far. It is not like, say, Withem by members of Seventh Wonder, where I am really missing Tommy's vocals but the rest of the band sounds really similar.

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2018, 08:02:18 AM »
I've seen a lot of remarks how this is just SX with a different name, but to me this sounds more inspired than the past few SX albums.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2018, 08:51:38 AM »
I've seen a lot of remarks how this is just SX with a different name, but to me this sounds more inspired than the past few SX albums.

Then it sounds like inspired Symphony X with a different singer. 
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2018, 11:25:00 AM »

Well, it sounds similar to SX but that doesn't mean it is necessarily better or worse. If the album is full with this quality, I may actually prefer it to most SX albums. These tracks are some quality metal.

Black sounds totally like a SX track to me but Djinn differs a tad more, also reminding me a bit of DT, as others have mentioned.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2018, 08:35:48 PM »
Cool interview  :tup
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2018, 05:22:29 PM »

Thanks man! It would mean a lot to us if you guys shared it on Facebook, and/or liked our page: https://www.facebook.com/lotsofmuzik/

Metal and prog are dying genres, and we can only survive if you give us your support - it costs ZERO dollars to do it!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2018, 05:46:14 PM »
Done!
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lethean

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2018, 06:11:35 PM »
Could I suggest some proof reading for the content on that site?  It's just a little thing but could go a long way.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2018, 06:17:19 PM »
Could I suggest some proof reading for the content on that site?  It's just a little thing but could go a long way.

Thanks man, and I agree. We're not native English speakers, but that's no excuse! We'll try to improve.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2018, 12:47:12 AM »
He looks like he's lost weight and is healthier. That's nice.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2018, 08:31:27 AM »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2018, 08:51:43 AM »
I like what I am hearing on this album.  My review is coming shortly.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2018, 09:37:37 AM »

Thanks man! It would mean a lot to us if you guys shared it on Facebook, and/or liked our page: https://www.facebook.com/lotsofmuzik/

Metal and prog are dying genres, and we can only survive if you give us your support - it costs ZERO dollars to do it!
Is metal really a dying genre? Seems like metal is more mainstream than ever before. I would say prog in a way too but not as mainstream as metal I guess.

How we consume music is of course diffrent these days.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2018, 11:39:35 AM »
Cool!  :tup

Can't wait to get this Next Friday!  :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2018, 07:50:55 PM »

Is metal really a dying genre? Seems like metal is more mainstream than ever before. I would say prog in a way too but not as mainstream as metal I guess.

Michael Romeo seems to agree with me...have you read what he said in the interview?

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2018, 08:34:31 PM »

Michael Romeo seems to agree with me...have you read what he said in the interview?

It doesn’t matter if Romeo agrees, metal is not a dying genre at all. Many great metal albums still come out every year.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2018, 07:11:36 AM »

It doesn’t matter if Romeo agrees, metal is not a dying genre at all. Many great metal albums still come out every year.
Yea I mean is there a better time too be a metal fan?

So many great tours, festivals and new albums every year. Sure everything is not for everyones taste but that's the thing, there's something for everyone.
I would say you get spoiled being a metal fan these days almost.  :biggrin:

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2018, 07:57:14 AM »

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2018, 10:37:03 AM »
Thanks for the great review Bosk,  I will definitely buy the album.  :tup
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2018, 10:46:09 AM »
Cool.  Glad you found it to be a good read.  I tried not to be overly effusive, but it was hard not to.  This is just a fun and well done album all around.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2018, 11:24:01 AM »
 I'm glad you mentioned it has some unexpected twists, and interesting to hear about the big ballad type song drawing the listener in. I think it's important that even metal albums should have that element in them.   I'm sure Michael Romeo kept in mind to not sound too much like SX. I really liked the single I heard from it so far.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2018, 01:49:48 PM »
I'm sure Michael Romeo kept in mind to not sound too much like SX.

It was hard to articulate in detail, but there are definitely moments where it sounds A LOT like Symphony X.  I mean, there are plenty of times where songs were very derivative of the sound of V, or The Odyssey, or Paradise Lost.  But then other times where it was definitely way outside the box.  It is a good mix of both.  And yet, I somehow NEVER felt like I was listening to something that wasn't written by Michael Romeo.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2018, 02:27:35 PM »
Romeo's guitar tone in the last 2-3 albums has been monstrous. Absolutely love it.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2018, 02:47:58 PM »
Great review, bosk!!!