Author Topic: Michael Romeo solo track off upcoming solo album!!  (Read 17572 times)

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Re: Michael Romeo solo track off upcoming solo album!!
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2022, 08:11:33 PM »
Here's the interview with Romeo: https://youtu.be/dMwc1l8hhtc

Offline Glasser

« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2022, 09:33:22 PM »
Here's the interview with Romeo: https://youtu.be/dMwc1l8hhtc

Great job man! I want that Nothingface  shirt! Mike is a great dude! Humble and down to earth.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2022, 01:37:03 AM »
I got that shirt from the recently revamped Voivod website,  and bought some socks too. And thanks! Romeo is really cool,  and we could be talking for hours if he didn't have other interviews lined up after mine.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #213 on: March 26, 2022, 03:38:00 PM »
The new album WOTW part 2 is excellent!   :metal

Great songs and the guitar solos are amongst his best.. 
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #214 on: March 26, 2022, 03:55:11 PM »
Yes! And I'm liking it even more than pt. 1. It seems to me that, with this new one, he isn't worried at all to be compared to Sympony X, which is a good thing. It's like modern SX with the returning of a lot of its orchestrations from the older albums.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2022, 05:52:25 AM »
The new album WOTW part 2 is excellent!   :metal

Great songs and the guitar solos are amongst his best..

Hell fucking yeah.  Loved it more than the first.  Nice to see someone release an album with decent length - over an hour of music here.  So many albums I've listened to are more in the mid-40 minute range.  FFS, this isn't the 70s anymore!   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Art

« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2022, 06:44:15 AM »
Great album, liked it even more than pt 1. Dino Jelusic is amazing on this.  :metal

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #217 on: March 29, 2022, 08:32:14 PM »
I like the vocals on the first album better. Not to say that Dino isn't great, but I personally prefer the cleaner tone vocals over the grittiness of his style.
I love the songs and the music of part 2 just as much if not better though, plus the Star Wars themes aren't as obvious.  I think it would be cool if Romeo used both singers for a potential part 3 album, the final chapter.  That would mix it up really nice!   :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #218 on: March 30, 2022, 04:49:11 AM »
I really enjoy it. Overall it seems heavier and Dino's vocals suit that very well. Amazing performances by everyone. I prefer part 1 as it feels more varied to me and has a couple of songs that sounded new for Romeo. But this is quality material as well.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #219 on: March 30, 2022, 08:31:13 AM »
I like the vocals on the first album better. Not to say that Dino isn't great, but I personally prefer the cleaner tone vocals over the grittiness of his style.
I love the songs and the music of part 2 just as much if not better though, plus the Star Wars themes aren't as obvious.  I think it would be cool if Romeo used both singers for a potential part 3 album, the final chapter.  That would mix it up really nice!   :metal

Is it supposed to be like a Pt 1 vs Pt 2 with two different characters?

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #220 on: March 30, 2022, 10:08:22 AM »

Is it supposed to be like a Pt 1 vs Pt 2 with two different characters?

No, it's a loose concept.

Online nick_z

« Reply #221 on: March 30, 2022, 11:28:45 AM »
I enjoyed this much better than I thought. Nothing really new under the sun for Romeo, but it's a very good collection of crunchy/melodic/well-played (and sung!) metal.

I didn't pay much attention to pt.1 when it came out, maybe I should revisit...

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #222 on: March 31, 2022, 01:29:02 PM »
Also notice how this album gets stronger as it goes. Second half onward>  :metal

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #223 on: April 04, 2022, 12:34:20 PM »
Both albums are fantastic and thanks to MR for keeping the essence of SX alive with his solo releases. :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White