Author Topic: Michael Romeo solo track off upcoming solo album!!  (Read 17574 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Michael Romeo solo track off upcoming solo album!!
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2022, 03:49:31 AM »
Any idea who the other personnel are?

Dino Jelusick  vocals, James Deservio (Zakk Wylde,  Vinnie Moore) bass. John Macaluso drums.

You forgot Michael Romeo on guitar.
:lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2022, 06:02:26 AM »
Really not sure about all the hate for Dino on the mic.  I think he's great.

:dunno:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2022, 06:45:52 AM »

He's awesome if you ask me.  :metal

Not many people can sing the way Russell and Dino do.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2022, 10:48:39 AM »

I don't hate Dino on the mic, in fact he's really good. I'm just more of a fan of the cleaner tone vocals on part 1.
I'm sure Dino will grow on me when I hear part 2 in the context of the whole album. I'll definitely give it a fair shake.
I can't remember the singers name on WOTW pt 1, but I thought he was excellent!  :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Glasser

« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2022, 02:38:03 PM »

Dino Jelusick  vocals, James Deservio (Zakk Wylde,  Vinnie Moore) bass. John Macaluso drums.

No I didn't, there is no guitar. Dino does the guitar with his voice. Its a Van Canto tribute.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2022, 02:46:36 PM »

No I didn't, there is no guitar. Dino does the guitar with his voice. Its a Van Canto tribute.

I can see why people don't like Dino then.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2022, 02:48:52 PM »

I can see why people don't like Dino then.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2022, 05:04:29 AM »
New song is good and the vocalist does a solid job.

But I will say my preference too lies with the cleaner approach of pt.1. That felt like the earlier Symphony X approach to vocals (though sounding different than Russel) with modern Sympony X music (with some interesting deviations).

But Dino's grit does sound really good and I am confident this will be a highly enjoyable album.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2022, 02:59:11 PM »
Dino is go8ng to be the new Ronnie Romero - he’ll be on everything.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2022, 03:12:05 PM »
Dino is go8ng to be the new Ronnie Romero - he’ll be on everything.

I admit I only knew of him from the last Magnus Karlsson album, but he's pretty damn good on that.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2022, 03:29:37 PM »
I think Dino is a phenomenal singer, but I really don't like the gritty vocals approach too much. He was on one song on the Felipe Andreoli album and I much much much prefered the instrumental version.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Glasser

« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2022, 07:23:32 PM »
Animal Drive and Dirty Shirley are amazing!!! Dino puts the “n” in Dio for sure.  :biggrin:

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #187 on: January 14, 2022, 01:50:11 AM »
Dirty Shirley was great.

Have you heard the video Dino did where he put vocals on LTE’s Paradigm Shift? That convinced me he was the real deal.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #188 on: January 14, 2022, 03:39:59 PM »
Dirty Shirley was great.

Have you heard the video Dino did where he put vocals on LTE’s Paradigm Shift? That convinced me he was the real deal.

No but I would love to hear that......

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #189 on: January 14, 2022, 05:52:21 PM »
Dirty Shirley was great.

No but I would love to hear that......

I posted on this thread. Here it goes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeMCAOIXPxA

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2022, 05:54:56 AM »
Dirty Shirley was great.

Yeah, this was great.  It was the cover of Immigrant Song that captured me.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yoz_I7ljLc.  The Stormbringer cover (with Joel Hoekstra and Virgil Donati) is pretty dope too.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2022, 11:03:45 AM »
Today, you can see the video for “Metamorphosis,” the second single to be released from
‘War of the Worlds, Part II.’

Watch the video here:
https://youtu.be/V0vu7Ah6pfo

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2022, 11:06:57 AM »
Pretty typical Symphony X song. Sounds like it could've come right off whatever their last album was.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2022, 08:19:41 PM »
Pretty typical Symphony X song. Sounds like it could've come right off whatever their last album was.

It could, but it didn't. You do know why Romeo is releasing a solo album, right?

Online Adami

« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2022, 08:55:34 PM »

It could, but it didn't. You do know why Romeo is releasing a solo album, right?

Yes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2022, 06:35:12 AM »

That sure ain't a bad thing, imo.  Underworld was incredible - again, imo.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2022, 06:52:59 AM »
New song is solid, I hope the album has a couple of less typical songs as well (which pt.1 did have), but more modern Symphony X is never a bad thing for me.

I don't think there is any hate, just a preference that some have and it was the first single so you get comparisons.

This guy sounds great for sure!

Online Adami

« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2022, 07:18:08 AM »

That sure ain't a bad thing, imo.  Underworld was incredible - again, imo.

I get that. It is a good album, was just listening to some of it on my drive to work this morning.

I think it's cause we got a tease of something a BIT more different from Pt. 1 and I see this as a regression by trying even harder to sound like Symph X.

It'd be like if DT (or any band) plays a show with a bunch of rare b-sides and then immediately goes back to playing their hits. Sure, we like their hits, but I got pretty excited by the prospect of something different only to be given the familiar again.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2022, 02:55:08 PM »
I'm finding it difficult to give a shit about this album.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2022, 07:32:08 PM »

I got the album today,  and will talk to Michael next Tuesday. My first impression is that it's even stronger than the first one,  and it has a few callbacks to the themes and melodies of Part 1. I haven't listened to the bonus tracks yet, but I'll get to that tomorrow.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #200 on: February 21, 2022, 03:28:58 PM »
Dino sounds similar to Allen, but you can still tell the difference.  I like it.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2022, 06:15:43 PM »
Dino sounds similar to Allen, but you can still tell the difference.  I like it.  :tup

He's giving all he's got on this album. To me, this is a serious contender for album of the year!

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2022, 06:34:21 PM »
I already preordered it. I like the song and like this singer better than the one from War of the Worlds // PT. 1.  I wish he would release a new Symphony X album.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2022, 11:31:50 AM »

I got the album today,  and will talk to Michael next Tuesday. My first impression is that it's even stronger than the first one,  and it has a few callbacks to the themes and melodies of Part 1. I haven't listened to the bonus tracks yet, but I'll get to that tomorrow.

Ask him if he has anything special planned for the 20th Anniversary of The Odyssey, like maybe a new mix with a real orchestra.

Online Adami

« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2022, 11:36:16 AM »

Ask him if he has anything special planned for the 20th Anniversary of The Odyssey, like maybe a new mix with a real orchestra.

As awesome as that would be, I have no idea how they would afford that. I'm not even sure how they afford to do what they already do. Their album sales are likely rather insignificant and they rarely seem to tour. How the hell are they making money?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2022, 01:21:05 PM »
I already spoke with him, so I couldn't ask that. And about how they make money - that's a VERY good question. I have a feeling that the guys in Symphony X have different priorities, and different opinions about how the band should be treated. I'm pretty sure that Russell would like it to be a more steady band, whereas others see it as a side gig. Romeo does soundtracks and has his studio, and I believe the majority of his income comes from that. Unfortunately, he's the main writer in Symphony X, so the others have to walk at his pace. That's just my take anyway, don't take it as truth.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2022, 02:33:02 PM »
I already spoke with him, so I couldn't ask that. And about how they make money - that's a VERY good question. I have a feeling that the guys in Symphony X have different priorities, and different opinions about how the band should be treated. I'm pretty sure that Russell would like it to be a more steady band, whereas others see it as a side gig. Romeo does soundtracks and has his studio, and I believe the majority of his income comes from that. Unfortunately, he's the main writer in Symphony X, so the others have to walk at his pace. That's just my take anyway, don't take it as truth.

I will ask him today. They rely on touring and selling merch and yes Mike has other outlets of income. Truth.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 02:41:19 PM by Glasser »

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2022, 03:44:06 PM »

I will ask him today. They rely on touring and selling merch and yes Mike has other outlets of income. Truth.

Oh cool,  you'll interviewing him as well? That's awesome! And yeah  no wonder Lepond has a million bands, and Russell does other stuff too. Jason had a food truck at one point,  but he stopped.  And I have no idea what Pinella does outside of Symphony X.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2022, 04:16:08 PM »

Oh cool,  you'll interviewing him as well? That's awesome! And yeah  no wonder Lepond has a million bands, and Russell does other stuff too. Jason had a food truck at one point,  but he stopped.  And I have no idea what Pinella does outside of Symphony X.

As far as a re-release for The Odyssey, no. The tour that covid screwed up was technically 20th anniversary. Feeling optimistic the new tour happens.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 04:32:17 PM by Glasser »

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #209 on: February 27, 2022, 05:15:29 PM »

As far as a re-release for The Odyssey, no. The tour that covid screwed up was technically 20th anniversary. Feeling optimistic the new tour happens.

He mentioned to me that they will start rehearsals in March. I got tickets to see them in Toronto, and of course I hope thi tour happens.