Author Topic: Watchmen - HBO  (Read 825 times)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
Re: Watchmen - HBO
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2019, 09:07:09 PM »
Just got caught up on the last 2 episodes. Man, this is just so staggeringly good. I did like how Ep 5 shed light on the original ending as I didn't actually know it. Now that I do, I do prefer the movie ending.

I really wasn't sure how this would be, but this show is amazing. Hope they stick the landing.
"It is I - Turkey Volume Guessing Man!" - Crow from MST3K
"Military Intelligence - Two Words Combined That Can't Make Sense." - Hangar 18

Offline faizoff

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2019, 10:17:34 PM »
What the fuck! Episode 7 and just two more and yet more surprises. This show is so fucking bananas.
The Dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2019, 06:04:04 PM »
Iím not sure how I felt about this twist. How the show/season ends will be the determining factor.

Edit: I feel like this was the first time in the show that it got weird and twisty for the sake of it, and not because the story called for it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 06:51:13 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline faizoff

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2019, 07:47:07 PM »
Edit: I feel like this was the first time in the show that it got weird and twisty for the sake of it, and not because the story called for it.

I saw on reddit a few people had put some of the clues together from previous episodes and correctly predicted the twist prior to the episode airing. We shall see how it plays out the next two episodes.

Online Adami

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2019, 07:55:25 PM »
Maybe. Doesnít matter.

Read an interview with Damon that said it was essentially reverse engineered. They wanted X and constructed a way to make X happen. Maybe thatís why it rubs me the wrong way. X was inserted in by desire, not cause the story was naturally going there.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline faizoff

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2019, 08:20:43 PM »
Hmm well I'll wait and see how much of a factor it is, I didn't have an issue with it hopefully it pays off.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2019, 05:33:59 AM »
So amazing as usual episode again last night,  so much revealed and loved the non-linear story.

Online Adami

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2019, 06:38:11 PM »
Very well executed, and I really liked most of it.

However, I am just still not on board with Dr. Manhattan's role thus far. It feels extremely forced and only there to have him in the show.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline faizoff

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2019, 07:35:51 PM »
Not getting that vibe at all. I'm loving Doc's role and how it's been adapted for the series. I loved the editing of that previous episode. So well done.

Online Adami

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2019, 07:36:46 PM »
Not getting that vibe at all. I'm loving Doc's role and how it's been adapted for the series. I loved the editing of that previous episode. So well done.

Thatís cool. I feel like Iím not just in the minority, but maybe the only person who feels that way hah. Luckily itís not enough to make me dislike it.

Just to clarify, I think the execution is fantastic. It's like Damon said "So....I want Dr. Manhattan in this show...in Tulsa....in 2019.....and he has to be in love with a main character even though that is COMPLETELY not in character for him.....make it work writers!" and they did the best possible job with that.

I think the actor is doing a good job, though I think Billy Crudup is the definitive Dr. Manhattan, and I think the writing is really good. It's just that.....his character shouldn't be doing that stuff. This is the dude that couldn't love Laurie despite his desire to, and said that there is no difference between a living or dead person. He isn't falling in love with anyone. I'm sorry. And they used the time paradox very well, and made it just convoluted and well executed enough to make us not question it, but it doesn't explain any of it. He still shouldn't be in love with her. His other stuff is good. The stuff with Adrian was fantastic and his stuff on Europa was great. Like I said, it's just not in his character to be in the position he is. That's my issue. I can't let go of that, no matter how well they execute the bad idea.   
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 07:43:41 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com