Author Topic: Dream Theater Finishes Smoking Barbecue!! - Album in Food Warmer!  (Read 216081 times)

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
Re: Dream Theater going into the studio in 2 weeks
« Reply #280 on: June 18, 2018, 10:01:32 AM »
The bands level of fan interaction this time, is perfect.  :tup

It helps having people like me on board that sends pages upon pages of ideas and suggestions to them regarding what they should be doing ;)

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #281 on: June 18, 2018, 10:03:56 AM »
The bands level of fan interaction this time, is perfect.  :tup

It helps having people like me on board that sends pages upon pages of ideas and suggestions to them regarding what they should be doing ;)

:lol I don't doubt that one bit. In that case, thank you noxon!  :hefdaddy
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #282 on: June 18, 2018, 11:10:07 AM »
A big yay to Jens Bogren, although I think his mixing style is kinda way too samey. I don't want DT to sound like Haken/Opeth/*insert metal band mixed by Jens*.

I'm probably being overly paranoid because I love his work. I have no problems whatsoever with The Astonishing's sound but I do hope DT get a big hit this time regarding their production because it's exhausting to read angry fans everywhere you go in the internet  :lol
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #283 on: June 18, 2018, 11:10:52 AM »
Yea, I feel like the fan base has been asking for this type of interaction and output from them for awhile, but they are coming through now.  Whether thats Bosk or Noxon, keep it up.  I think it's great and hopefully gets the fan base united again for this release.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #284 on: June 18, 2018, 11:26:49 AM »
TWITTER UPDATE.  Basically, it's all good vibes.

https://twitter.com/dreamtheaternet/status/1008154542989602816

I clicked on the link expecting to see that they had a vibraphone in the studio.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2018, 04:09:49 AM »
Dream Theater and Haken are both going heavier this time and it's possible that their two new albums will be released around the same time. This is going to be one hell of a race (not really, of course, just for me). It was the same with DT12 and The Mountain, and imo The Mountain was the better album. Let's see what happens this time  :metal
any rock can be made to roll

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #286 on: June 19, 2018, 06:48:30 AM »
Dream Theater and Haken are both going heavier this time and it's possible that their two new albums will be released around the same time. This is going to be one hell of a race (not really, of course, just for me). It was the same with DT12 and The Mountain, and imo The Mountain was the better album. Let's see what happens this time  :metal

Just get them to tour together :hefdaddy
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #287 on: June 19, 2018, 06:50:48 AM »

This. That would be an amazing show.

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #288 on: June 19, 2018, 08:17:38 PM »
Jordan posted this 3 days ago. Just promoting an app, or is he using this in the new album?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkEejFQnOqs/?hl=en

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155786626677989&id=8717682988&_rdr
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:23:40 PM by erwinrafael »

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2018, 08:36:19 PM »

As awesome as it would be to see them both together, I prefer DT by themselves. Gives them more time to play. And I’m just greedy!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2018, 09:43:06 PM »

As awesome as it would be to see them both together, I prefer DT by themselves. Gives them more time to play. And I’m just greedy!

And I agree with you! However, I think the best thing for James’ voice at this point would be shorter sets. An opening act is the best option for that, imo.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #291 on: June 20, 2018, 12:18:59 AM »

And I agree with you! However, I think the best thing for James’ voice at this point would be shorter sets. An opening act is the best option for that, imo.

DT and Haken could be a dream come true gig for me. Please make it happen!

And I agree with upper comment that they aren't young anymore so shorter set (1,5-2h) could be enough.
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #292 on: June 20, 2018, 08:28:56 AM »
DT and Haken doing an extensive tour together would be great for the genre of music IMO.  The old and the young prog metal bands. 

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #293 on: June 20, 2018, 08:44:37 AM »
DT and Haken doing an extensive tour together would be great for the genre of music IMO.  The old and the young prog metal bands.

It would be a good tour, and I'm saying that as a guy that isn't crazy about Haken.

They could even pull another young band from the label to open. Have that band do like 30 minutes. Haken could do like 45 minutes. Then DT could do like 2 hours. That would be a sweet concert.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #294 on: June 20, 2018, 11:31:13 AM »

It would be a good tour, and I'm saying that as a guy that isn't crazy about Haken.

They could even pull another young band from the label to open. Have that band do like 30 minutes. Haken could do like 45 minutes. Then DT could do like 2 hours. That would be a sweet concert.

45 minutes for Haken? That would be a shame. They're beyond that now. 1.5 hours at the very least!

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #295 on: June 20, 2018, 11:35:45 AM »

45 minutes for Haken? That would be a shame. They're beyond that now. 1.5 hours at the very least!

Co-headlining? Don't think Haken has reached that status yet. May be wrong though.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #296 on: June 20, 2018, 12:04:32 PM »

Yeah, like I said, I'm not a Haken fan - so 45 minutes is 45 minutes too many for me personally. But for an opener that's a decent set. Haken would be wise to take a tour like that, especially in the US where they are still a very small draw on their own. Opening for DT in the states would be a great opportunity for them.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #297 on: June 20, 2018, 12:24:27 PM »
No.  Haken is already making a dent in touring.  They will get a bump from touring with MP.   As much as I'd love seeing this Haken is more established in this part of their career to open.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #298 on: June 20, 2018, 12:37:17 PM »
Jordan confirmed on Facebook about the writing: they have heavy stuff and long epic stuff :metal

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #299 on: June 20, 2018, 01:00:42 PM »
No.  Haken is already making a dent in touring.  They will get a bump from touring with MP.   As much as I'd love seeing this Haken is more established in this part of their career to open.

Wow, I admittedly don't follow Haken but I feel like you might be giving them too much credit - at least as it applies to touring in the states. Last time they came through my area they played in a venue that holds like 300-400 people and didn't come close to selling it out. In my eyes, that's a band that could definitely benefit and continue to grow their fan base by opening for DT.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #300 on: June 20, 2018, 01:37:58 PM »

Wow, I admittedly don't follow Haken but I feel like you might be giving them too much credit - at least as it applies to touring in the states. Last time they came through my area they played in a venue that holds like 300-400 people and didn't come close to selling it out. In my eyes, that's a band that could definitely benefit and continue to grow their fan base by opening for DT.

Yea, Haken are not there yet.  Playing in front of 500 and less crowds is opener material for a bigger band.  They need the exposure to grow more.  What better way than to open for one of the biggest prog metal bands?

I don't see it that differently than DT opening for IM just on a smaller scale.

Of course Haken opening for SOA would be good for them too IMO, but SOA didn't have close to the draw DT does from the show I went to.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #301 on: June 20, 2018, 02:53:27 PM »
I'd love to see an opening act.

I nominate ARCH ECHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F65IQmP7lCk

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #302 on: June 20, 2018, 05:16:21 PM »
I agree that Haken opening for DT would be great for them, they are not too established to do that, certainly not in the UK. We’ve had the likes of Porcupine Tree open for DT over here and, even back then, they were far more known than Haken are now. Would give more exposure to Haken, just as it did for Spock’s Beard, Pain Of Salvation and others. Haken are also fans of the band, they were actually stood right in front of me at Manchester Apollo on the AFTR show and were loving it, hugging each other and singing along to the SFAM stuff in particular.

All that being said, my preference would always be for the Evening With shows if the band feel that it is not a problem or putting them under too much strain.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #303 on: June 20, 2018, 05:22:57 PM »
There is way, way too much talk about Haken in this thread.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline gm5k

« Reply #304 on: June 20, 2018, 05:54:18 PM »

I nominate ARCH ECHO.

Can't quite decide how I feel about these guys.  Crazy talented for sure.  Think I need to check out their album in it's entirety.

I'd personally prefer Pagan's Mind, Circus Maximus or Plini if I could have any bands :o

Back on topic...really completely thrilled with the updates so far.  It's so much appreciated, and I hope DT is able to keep it up as the writing/recording comes along.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:46:23 PM by gm5k »

Online goo-goo

« Reply #305 on: June 20, 2018, 08:27:48 PM »

I nominate ARCH ECHO.

Absolutely love this guys. Wouldn’t mind AE to open for DT at all

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #306 on: June 21, 2018, 02:38:33 AM »

There can never be too much Haken talk anywhere

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #307 on: June 21, 2018, 02:43:09 AM »

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #308 on: June 21, 2018, 06:19:31 AM »

It's the fad of the week. I remember when this board was polluted constantly with Opeth this and Pain of Salvation that. The trends come and go.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #309 on: June 21, 2018, 07:07:15 AM »

Hah, so much truth here bud.

I nominate ARCH ECHO.

Yeah, these guys are cool. I really like their album, they'd be a cool instrumental opener.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #310 on: June 21, 2018, 07:59:59 AM »

Yes, there can.
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #311 on: June 21, 2018, 08:14:56 AM »

It's the fad of the week. I remember when this board was polluted constantly with Opeth this and Pain of Salvation that. The trends come and go.

Apologies for derailing the thread further, but I realized the other day that Opeth are no longer on my musical radar. It wasn't a even a conscious decision. I just forgot about them. I have no idea if their popularity has fallen or risen on the board as a whole, but I think my interest has been waning because their last few albums haven't been my favorite.

Anyhow... DT in the studio! Awesome! :lol
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Anxiety35

« Reply #312 on: June 21, 2018, 08:26:12 AM »
I hope they're really working well together and I hope it is fun for them. It was nice to see the enthusiasm in the JLB & JP video. I felt it was genuine. I'm looking forward to the next update.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #313 on: June 21, 2018, 08:56:22 AM »
In regards to Haken, I remember when I first heard Visions years ago, the first thing I remember thinking was that these were the successors to DT's throne. That's coming from a long time die-hard DT fan so I think the fact that their new albums are getting release around the same time it's natural to have the discussion of having the two bands tour together.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2018, 10:16:32 AM »
In regards to Haken, I remember when I first heard Visions years ago, the first thing I remember thinking was that these were the successors to DT's throne. That's coming from a long time die-hard DT fan so I think the fact that their new albums are getting release around the same time it's natural to have the discussion of having the two bands tour together.

I thought the same thing after hearing Aquarius for the first time! Visions is my least favorite Haken album, which of course doesn't mean anything.
Btw, do you guys think I will piss people off by contributing even more to the Haken-mania by creating a thread for favourite Haken album? :D