Poll

Your favorites of these songs from Illusions albums (I and II) by G'n'R?

Right Next Door to Hell
6 (6%)
Dust N' Bones
2 (2%)
Perfect Crime
0 (0%)
You Ain't the First
0 (0%)
Bad Obsession
3 (3%)
Back Off Bitch
8 (8%)
Double Talkin' Jive
8 (8%)
The Garden
9 (9%)
Garden of Eden
2 (2%)
Don't Damn Me
3 (3%)
Bad Apples
2 (2%)
Dead Horse
5 (5%)
Coma
13 (13%)
14 Years
2 (2%)
Yesterdays
6 (6%)
Get in the Ring
5 (5%)
Shotgun Blues
1 (1%)
Breakdown
8 (8%)
Pretty Tied Up
5 (5%)
Locomotive (Complicity)
9 (9%)
So Fine
3 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Your favorites of these songs from Illusions albums (I and II) by Guns N' Roses?  (Read 744 times)

Offline WildRanger

No big hits.
Pick up to 7 tracks.

Online MirrorMask

Right Next Door to Hell, kickass opener.
Back Off Bitch
Don't Damn Me, one of the best
Dead Horse, lovely tune
Coma, kickass through and through
Locomotive (great epic)
So Fine (addictive)

Left out: Bad Obsession, The Garden but just because Alice Cooper guests, and 14 Years / Yesterdays. Also Get in the Ring deserves a mention for how outrageous it is :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Breakdown
Locomotive
The Garden
Coma
Don't Man Me
So Fine
Double Talkin' Jive
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Of these picks, I went with:

1. Coma (the whole thing is amazing, but the lyrics and intensity of the last few minutes are unrivaled in their repertoire)
2. Breakdown (one of the best GnR songs ever with some of their best lyrics, and a very cool vibe from start to finish)
3. Back Off Bitch (excellent riff, excellent vocals, excellent solo)
4. Dead Horse (love the lyrics to this one)
5. Yesterdays (just a lovely little song that nails what I love about GnR's less heavy side)
6. Get In The Ring (the cockiest, most shit talking rock song around, and despite how over the top and silly it is, it somehow works - I love this)
7. Dust N' Bones (this was tied with The Garden, Don't Damn Me, and Bad Apples, but I had to give it to DnB by a hair for the cool vibe it has)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online MirrorMask

6. Get In The Ring (the cockiest, most shit talking rock song around, and despite how over the top and silly it is, it somehow works - I love this)

You nailed the description!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

You nailed the description!

"And in this corner... weighing in at eight hundred and fifty pounds... Guns... and... Roses!! *ding* *cheering* *applause*"

I love it.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
The Garden
Coma (far and away the best song on that list)
Yesterdays
Locomotive

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm an idiot. I didn't even pay attention to Locomotive on that list. I would have that somewhere in mine but I already voted. Crap.

That song has some outstanding lyrics, some of my favorites...

Online MirrorMask

I'm surprised at the many votes for Double Talkin' Jive. Maybe I just remember bad the song or I never connected with hit, but it always felt to me like a random song thrown together just because, with  a weird structure and random lyrics. I don't like to use the term "filler" 'cause I know that "real" fillers are songs from the vinyl days written for an otherwise too much short album, but.... this song is what I would call a filler if I ever use the term.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Double talkin jive get the money motherfucker :metal

The whole second half of the song is one long cool solo.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline dparrott

RNDTH
Bad Obsession
BOB
Jive
Coma
GITR
Pretty Tied Up is better than I remember
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.