Author Topic: Wait for Sleep - Live in Tokyo  (Read 666 times)

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
Wait for Sleep - Live in Tokyo
« on: May 17, 2018, 02:40:44 PM »
I decided to give the Live in Tokyo album another listen today as it had been some time since I'd listened to it.  I was really struck by this version of Wait for Sleep this time through.  I'm not sure what it is exactly, but there's a really comfortable vibe to it. I think it has to do with the combination of JLB's singing, KM's playing, and the overall balance of the band.

I've gone back and relistened to it a few times now and it's just stuck in head now.

Thanks for letting me share. :)
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline Architeuthis

Re: Wait for Sleep - Live in Tokyo
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 02:32:49 AM »
Dangit, now I need to find that disc and listen to that version again. 🎶
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Dublagent66

• RIP My Love 1964 - 2016
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I will see you on the other side...
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 09:19:28 AM »
All I have is the DVD.  Is the CD and DVD the same?
Everything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong ...and if nothing has gone wrong...you obviously DON'T UNDERSTAND the situation.

"Bow your heads and abandon hope."   -Symphony X - Reign in Madness

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 09:44:29 AM »
All I have is the DVD.  Is the CD and DVD the same?

I'm not quite sure what the OP's reference to "the Live in Tokyo album" means.

"Images and Words: Live in Tokyo" is a video release, and I can't find any indication that there's a album or CD version.  There is, of course, "Live at the Marquee," a live album from the I&W tour which does have a version of Surrounded, but not with Wait for Sleep segueing into it.  There is no "Live in Tokyo album" referred to on any DT discography I could find (unless you want to call the aforementioned video release a "video album").  This is what I assume the OP is talking about:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo91zTKtsdI
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dublagent66

• RIP My Love 1964 - 2016
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I will see you on the other side...
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 11:13:39 AM »
Yeah, I wasn't sure about an album version of that either.  I have LATM and love that version of Surrounded BTW.  Would've been nice to have WFS followed by LTL on that also.
Everything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong ...and if nothing has gone wrong...you obviously DON'T UNDERSTAND the situation.

"Bow your heads and abandon hope."   -Symphony X - Reign in Madness

Offline jammindude

• The Jammin Dude Show
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 11:15:47 AM »
I have a rip of the audio from the DVD, and itís one of my favorite live albums of all time. MPs drum solo is 2nd only to Neilís YYZ solo on ESL. I really wish they would put out an official release of this show on CD.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - http://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 10:34:40 AM »
Yeah - sorry, I should've clarified.  It was the video playing, but I just had it going in the background while I worked so I was only listening to it. :D
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson