Author Topic: We Came From Space - Feat. Bill Hubauer from NMB - New EP out April 29th, 2020  (Read 2230 times)

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Listening to this album right now.
And I am really enjoying it.

Web: https://www.wecamefromspace.net/music/while-you-were-away

https://wecamefromspace.bandcamp.com/releases

WE CAME FROM SPACE
Four guys travelling the universe and saving rock and roll
Your future is our past.  Your wildest dreams were our daily routine.  The food that sustains your children was fertilized in our….. Not important, really.  We’ve been out there; to the coldest, darkest corners of the universe.  We’ve walked upon the moons of planets yet to be discovered by government-sanctioned space programs (like having matching space suits and rockets that don’t run on chicken fat makes your mission all “official”, and your dad “forgot” about you burning down the garage).

Our mission… our very reason for being… was to travel the cosmos, meet its peoples, and find out what unites us all.  Our crew has danced the sacred dance of the Zelb on Krit, drank the elixir of the Luurgites, sat at the feet of the Priestesses of Polmar, went back and drank more Luurgite Elixir, traded all of the chicken fat for just one last little taste of Luurgite Elixir, did a 30 day in-patient program to kick Luurgite Elixir, relapsed a couple of times (that stuff is REALLY good), and broke bread with the President of Niffus. All in the name of music and fellowship. Our findings can be found wherever findings are found.  For that, you will need top-security clearance to the most clandestine paramilitary installations and a current library card.  Or, you can listen to the album. 

We Came From Space found that emotion is the common thread that keeps us all from blowing away in the wind.  From Jupiter’s Wizzling Tribes, to nomads of the Crab Nebula, to the Lizard People of Tantar, the Lizard People of Milt, the Lizard People of Sipplun 5.  There are so many Lizard People out there*.  We thought that we’d meet a few, but Holy Crap! Lizard People are the predominant species in the universe!  So…. Many…. Lizard….. People…. Our module would be landing on a remote planet and we’d all be like, “No way could there be Lizard People here, right”?  Then, woosh, the bay door would open and what do you know, Lizard People there to greet us!

Back to the common thread of emotion and the fabric of the universe.   We’ve all been up and we’ve all been down.  We’ve all fallen in love and we’ve all felt the sting of loss or betrayal.  Many, many like me have sold all of the chicken fat for a short bottle of Luurgite Elixir, except for Lizard People who never touch the stuff, because they’re so much better than everyone else.  Lizard People…. Every one of us, from every corner of every planet, has a song in our heart (or molecular converter.  I’m talking to you Pudling Gratz!) and a story to tell.  If you can possibly manage the time, please listen to both sides of our story at one sitting.

And remember: We Came From Space so that you don’t have to!

The Band:

Dave Buzard
Guitar and Vocals.

Bill Hubauer
Keyboards and Vocals

Tim Malone
Drums and Percussion

Dave Hawk
Bass and Vocals

« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 09:33:33 AM by MinistroRaven »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: We Came from Space - While You Were Away album it's streaming now
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 05:01:05 PM »
The Band:

Dave Buzard
Guitar and Vocals.

Bill Hubauer
Keyboards and Vocals

Tim Malone
Drums and Percussion

Dave Hawk
Bass and Vocals

This is parama music.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 05:08:41 PM »
I like their website and where you can hear/buy the albums from. Haha...

Will give these guys a listen. Sounds interesting.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 05:13:02 PM »
I live it!  I'll be buying it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 05:41:03 PM »
Listening to the first song. I dig it! I love the mood and the vocals. The instrumentation is very catchy and interesting.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 07:06:25 PM »
Listening to the first song.

Starts off like late 80's Robert Plant.

Definitely one for the prog heads.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 07:50:51 AM »
Listening to the first song.

Starts off like late 80's Robert Plant.

Definitely one for the prog heads.

You say that like it's a bad thing.  :P
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 08:08:15 AM »
4 songs in and I'm really enjoying this
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 08:09:16 AM »
Pieces of the Sky is a real cracker!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 08:10:15 AM »

Utah slang? :lol

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 08:12:49 AM »
"We came from space while you were away" seems like an explanation rather than a band name + album title combination  :lol

I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 08:19:09 AM »

Nah, Utah slang would be: Pieces of the Sky is totally, fetching, awesome, Brother Kingshmegland!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 08:24:19 AM »
 :lol

I bet your tired of that "Boston" accent!

BTW, I'm buying this.  It sounds amazing.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 08:30:38 AM »
I love Boston accents! It's wicked hard to imitate though.

Yeah, I'm buying it too. It's so diverse and excellent it's almost like having a playlist of various artists on shuffle.

King, do you get a Supertramp vibe from, Eye to Eye?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 08:45:18 AM »
I've only listened to the stream once so I'll have to check that out.  I just listened to Breakfast In America yesterday!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 09:23:17 AM »
Just one listen but this album is already in the top 3 this year. Super solid effort from every aspect.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 10:30:47 AM »

That’s redundant.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 03:58:24 PM »
This is amazing
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline dparrott

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 02:27:01 PM »
It's funny, I googled the band name before coming here for the link, I came across another instrumental prog band called IT Came From Space! 
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 09:07:27 PM »
I’ve been listening to this almost daily. It’s a great album

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 07:19:37 AM »
I didn’t see this thread before, sorry! Indeed it’s an excellent and very diverse album!
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 12:48:53 PM »
I listened to it last night. I liked the music, but, aside from Bill, not sure I like the singer(s).

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 06:19:03 AM »
This is a top contender for album of the year. I've been listening to it a lot lately and can't get tired of it.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2018, 07:40:23 AM »
Hey Ministro

Would you be able to add Bill Hubauer's name to the thread subject? Something like "Bill Hubauer - Neal Morse Band"? Maybe some people will check the album out just by knowing what band is he in.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: We Came from Space - Bill Hubauer from Neal Morse Band
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 01:24:51 PM »
Done

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: WE CAME FROM SPACE - Feat. Bill Hubauer from Neal Morse Band
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2020, 07:20:15 PM »
 :metal

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2020, 07:54:57 PM »
I've always wondered what rhymes with reason  :facepalm:

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2020, 09:07:12 AM »
Hey Ministro

Would you be able to add Bill Hubauer's name to the thread subject? Something like "Bill Hubauer - Neal Morse Band"? Maybe some people will check the album out just by knowing what band is he in.
Good call, that's what made me check out this thread.  :tup
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2020, 09:31:35 AM »
Here's the premiere for the We Came From Space just released EP "Reasons In The Rhyme." A blissful 20 mins prog-rock experience! Support these guys so they can continue to produce music like this!

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/features/we-came-space-ep-reasons-in-the-rhyme/

:metal

Offline devieira73

Cool, I bought on Bandcamp and listening now... good stuff!
The review on Sonic Perspectives says that this EP is the third recording by the band. So what is the first album? I thought While You’re Away was the first.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I tried to like the first album, but it didn't stick to landing for me.  Well played stuff, but I had a difficult with the vocals.  I'd have to hear some good stuff first before buying anything new again. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Agree with Kev. Bill's vocals are great. Everyone else,  not so much.

Offline devieira73

Cool, I bought on Bandcamp and listening now... good stuff!
The review on Sonic Perspectives says that this EP is the third recording by the band. So what is the first album? I thought While You’re Away was the first.
I just found their first album (I guess it's avaible on Spotify just more recently):
https://open.spotify.com/album/5nbsl0OlZBSPNq8pzcn1lt?si=VcLdYyokQD-ljX9olVKA8Q
What a nice surprise! A little more retro in style and production than While you’re away, but also very cool!
Review here:
http://www.tollbooth.org/index.php/past-issues/past-music-reviews/1108-they-came-from-space-how-to-be-human
I think this band should stay in a more prog pop style, different from the proggier direction of the EP.
Anyway also they are making a donation effort through Bandcamp to help an ex-member:
https://wecamefromspace.bandcamp.com/album/moody-single?fbclid=IwAR3WZycuGmGDKRTAo-jWPcyT_aIdMRhIReRkxGy0Y938M0tRpjuLwNyJFoE
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 07:30:37 AM by devieira73 »