General > General Music Discussion

Your favorites of these songs by Eagles

(1/23) > >>

KevShmev:
Instead of listing just songs by the Eagles, I thought I would throw in some prominent solo songs by various members of the band, for fun.

You can vote for up to 7.

I went with:

The Boys of Summer
Hotel California
The Last Resort
Tequila Sunrise
In the City
Lyin' Eyes
Sunset Grill

SystematicThought:
The Eagles, sorry.... Eagles are another one of those bands that tend to do really well for me on the evening drive home in the summer when the sun is setting, the summer isn't quite yet stifling, and the colors of the sun take on a different feel, and the wind is blowing through the open windows of my pickup, so for me, I chose

Take it Easy
Tequila Sunrise
Already Gone
Hotel California
Life in the Fast Lane
In the City
Boys of Summer- The Atari's did a cover of this song like 14 years ago and I really liked that one too. Fun fact, Pat Benatar was in the studio next door to Don when they were recording Boys of Summer and she was recording Love is a Battlefield. Don heard what she was doing and loved the sound she was using for the song and asked if he could use it for his song, hers was uptempo and his is a bit slower I think. This according to Pat's husband and guitarist. This song is great for those late summer drives.

After looking at Glenn Frey's selection here, controversial question (maybe, I'm just not sure the answer here) could he really go out on his own like Joe Walsh and Don can and could? I honestly don't think I could name a Glenn Frey solo song. Not that Don does that well nowadays, he's a curmudgeonly asshole nowadays, but still had bigger hits than Glenn (I think)

Stadler:
To answer your question first, I saw the Eagles on the "Hell Freezes Over" tour, and they are a great band - meaning, as a band they are tight and play the songs perfectly - but when Glenn did his songs, the proceedings screeched to a halt.   "Smuggler's Blues" is on my top five most despised songs of all time by any artist ever.

I voted for:

- four of the five Henley songs - no Dirty Laundry for me
- Joe Walsh "Life's Been Good"
- The Eagles "The Long Run"
- The Eagles "In The City"

ProfessorPeart:
Love Joe Walsh and Eagles. Struggled with this a bit. The Last Resort is probably my favorite, especially the version from Hell Freezes Over.

Eagles - The Last Resort
Eagles - Hotel California
Eagles - In the City
Eagles - Tequila Sunrise
Eagles - Already Gone
Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way
Don Henley - New York Minute (Hell Freezes Over version)

Fritzinger:
Desperado
One Of These Nights
New York Minute
Hotel California
Last Resort
I Can't Tell You Why

I'd like to add Pretty Maids All In A Row as well, an often overlooked song on Hotel California and one of my absolute favs by the Eagles. Joe's guitar work on there is just beautiful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version