Author Topic: Cobra Kai  (Read 11765 times)

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Re: Cobra Kai
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2022, 11:13:35 AM »
Daniel having unlikable traits just makes him feel more relatable and that's a good thing with the show is that most characters have some nuance in their character.
I don't find him relatable in any way.

Of course, I don't find any of these characters relatable in any way.  Except for Daniel's wife when she just gets tired of this stupid shit.  That I can relate to.

Oh yeah for sure. But it's part of the charm of the show just how crazy and off the rails the events have become. You start small with Johnny Lawrence clinging onto his glory days of karate and it makes sense, but you end up in a situation where everyone and their grandma knows karate and it's the single most important thing in the lives of everyone and yeah, things are a bit off the rails.  :lol

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2022, 11:20:02 AM »
I like Cobra Kai for what it is - a sequel spoof off the first three Karate Kid films.

I like the films way better, particularly 1 and 2. They took things seriously, and it was good drama. Being a student of the martial arts myself since 1984, I see what's real and what's not. The movies were enjoyable.

Cobra Kai is enjoyable in a different way, for multiple audiences. I think Cobra Kai was brilliantly executed from a marketing aspect. The story pulls in people my age, and then pulls in teenagers. It has echoes of the past and the nostalgia, but then "real life" (take that with some salt) scenarios of today's kids. It's like their version of Beverly Hills 90210 to a degree. (Which I never watched more than a few episodes, but I remember it.)

I just find it brilliant that the writers and creative team were able to successfully combine things to make a show that has such mass appeal. And the martial arts part of me, as much as some things make me cringe - I'm happy it has marketed that as well. Win-win-win, as long as you don't take it so seriously.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2024, 08:59:57 AM »

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2024, 09:22:10 AM »
That’s a fan made trailer.  ;) Even says so at :56

I think they just started filming, so I wouldn’t expect a promo for a while