Author Topic: I just want to say that I hate you all  (Read 1075 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I just want to say that I hate you all
« on: May 03, 2018, 11:32:08 AM »
I haven't seen Infinity War yet.  Set to see it Sunday afternoon.  It kills me that I can't go into the Marvel thread, as I see that there has been constant posting there since the release.  SO tempted to click.  But I won't.  I'm just really jealous of all of you that have seen it already.

But what really pisses me off is that you can't even avoid spoilers in just everyday life.  I'm doing my best to avoid them.  But even having Yahoo's front page open up the other day when I went to my email, I had something spoiled about a certain character that is in the movie that I never would have guessed would have been in it.  No, I didn't mess up and click an article I shouldn't have.  It was right there on the Yahoo front page.  People are genuinely inconsiderate sometimes.  Makes me mad.  So now, I am avoiding pretty much everywhere on the Internet other than here and stuff that I need for work.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: I just want to say that I hate you all
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 11:38:03 AM »
Sorry to hear that bosk. One of my friends hasn't been able to catch it either and even after saying he hadn't seen it yet, someone at his job went ahead and told him the ending right there. Hope you can avoid all other spoilers til Sunday. The whole movie is basically spoiler after spoiler.

I'll be seeing it for the second time on Friday  :biggrin:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 11:45:30 AM »
Yeah, I'm glad that one spoiler that I got isn't really that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.  Thankfully, nothing major has been spoiled.  So far... 

I'm actually really nervous about this weekend.  I have a boy scout campout with my sons this weekend (they have both seen it; they really wanted to last weekend, so my wife and I let them go Saturday night).  And I know a lot of the boys there will have seen it and may want to talk about it.  I have already had visions about being hauled off to jail for throttling some poor kid for spoiling the movie.  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 12:20:16 PM »
Yeah, I've been dodging posts in twitter and facebook and thankfully no one at work has dropped any spoilers. My girlfriend is coming back from the US on Monday and we'll probably catch the movie next Friday, so one more week of avoiding shit on the internet. I managed to do it with star wars, I can get it done with this one too.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 12:23:59 PM »
Thankfully, I avoid Twitter and Facebook anyway for completely unrelated reasons.  :lol

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 12:44:05 PM »
I waited until The Last Jedi came out to home video before watching it.  I avoided the SW thread here and only saved certain articles on FB to read for after I saw it.  But eventually, article headlines started spoiling it by including things like "Luke's death" or "Yoda's appearance."  That pissed me off.  Have some respect for readers and don't include spoilers in the headline.

Really though, I knew certain things like that, but didn't know how they happened or why they happened, so it didn't really spoil the experience. 

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 12:45:41 PM »
I waited until The Last Jedi came out to home video before watching it.  I avoided the SW thread here and only saved certain articles on FB to read for after I saw it.  But eventually, article headlines started spoiling it by including things like "Luke's death" or "Yoda's appearance."  That pissed me off.  Have some respect for readers and don't include spoilers in the headline.

Really though, I knew certain things like that, but didn't know how they happened or why they happened, so it didn't really spoil the experience.

I mean, in general, I agree, but how long do you expect all information to be kept secret? You're talking about three months. That's a good long while. A week or two is very different than three months.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 12:51:01 PM »
Yeah, I tend to agree as well.  I think that that kind of info should be kept out of headlines and such during the better part of a movie's theatrical run.  But once the film has been out in theaters for awhile, and its theatrical run is winding down, I think it's reasonable to assume that most people who want to see it and wanted to be spoiler free have actually seen it.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 02:00:04 PM »

Game of Thrones Spoiler Below!!!

I watch GOT the day after it airs because I always fall asleep trying to watch it that late at night. The following afternoon I had Rhamsey Bolton's death spoiled for me on Linked In of all places. I'm just scrolling through the feed and next thing you know, there's the fucker's face with a headline saying something like "Game of Thrones Character Talks About His Character's Gory Death". I cursed the woman out who posted it, going on and on about how Linked In of all places should be safe from these kinds of posts. Her response to me was something along the lines of "Hi Brian. Linked In is for professionals to come together and communicate. Talking about television shows is common practice in a professional work environment and is therefore okay to do here".

Bitch.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 02:19:06 PM »
I've seen it twice; jingle.son 3 times.  I'm tempted to take in a Tuesday night viewing in a couple of weeks - it's that freakin good.  I have a pretty good guess as to who you got spoiled about - and that's a bit of a drag.  It certainly wasn't integral to the story, but pretty wow-worthy none-the-less ... at least for that scene.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 02:25:58 PM »
I've seen it twice; jingle.son 3 times.  I'm tempted to take in a Tuesday night viewing in a couple of weeks - it's that freakin good.  I have a pretty good guess as to who you got spoiled about - and that's a bit of a drag.  It certainly wasn't integral to the story, but pretty wow-worthy none-the-less ... at least for that scene.
From what you are describing, I think you are probably correct.  I don't know any of the details or context whatsoever.  But the headline said that character was in it, and that alone was unexpected.

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 02:52:48 PM »
This is what happens when you still use Yahoo in 2018

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 03:42:48 AM »
I know my review that said, "Holy S%!T"! ruined it for you.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC