Author Topic: Elite's Ridiculous Reverse Scoring Roulette - v4.0: EP Results (The End..)  (Read 65282 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Good to see Tim isn't eliminated! Hopefully he will be eliminated in Parama's though. :biggrin:

:natalieportman:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LordCost

I'm happy to be able to send one more song but... why Nekov is eliminated instead of me?  :huh:

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Same thing as in earlier rounds; the scores get added in order from lowest to highest, meaning Nekov hit the 20 points mark ‘before’ you.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
how is the EP round gonna be scored/do scores from previous rounds matter? i have to decide if it's worth bothering to even send something good or just send a meme song and see if it does well :neverusethis:

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
the structural disorder album is seriously good, yeah, drowning isn't even one of the better songs imo (but it's still good)

also hell yeah broke my streak  :metal

how is the EP round gonna be scored/do scores from previous rounds matter? i have to decide if it's worth bothering to even send something good or just send a meme song and see if it does well :neverusethis:

Yeah, I'm gonna have to listgen to that one.

Regarding the EP; from the first post: "In the event that there are more than 4 people left at the end of Round 8, everybody but the top 4 players gets eliminated. This is to ensure that this elimination game does not continue indefinitely and to set a maximum amount of rounds before the final EP round. Existing scores at that point will not alter your chances of winning the EP round whatsoever; you merely have to ‘make it’ to the EP round in order to play in the finals."

I haven't actually figured out how to score the EPs, but the different songs will obviously count, as will 'flow', which is quite a terrible thing to judge. When creating this roulette format, I envisioned the final round to be a game of its own, so that's why existing scores won't matter. Also, I thought (as stated in the R7 Results post) the scores would be far closer to each other, thus rendering the few points difference between the top 4 contenders obsolete anyway.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
well, sorry for having too much good music apparently  :corn

Don't think I'll go with the meme one anyways even tho it's sufficiently weird & also pretty good but I'll decide tonight

And my EP is gonna be.... different

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sent. Hoping to make it through the 8 rounds. Maybe pull another 1 out of my ass.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
Welp, I kinda was expecting to be out so no real surprise here. Enjoy the rest of the roulette guys
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Sent!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Thanks!
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
sent another thing that's becoming a staple of my roulette entries  :corn

ep is in progress. as always i have managed to find a set of songs that goes well together and comes out to exactly 40 minutes with slight audio crossfade shenanigans. last place

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Nah Brand New doesn't have much material that compares to the second half of 137, this is the standout on the album to me. I also love a lot of other songs on the album (this is one of my favourite albums of the past few years) but most of them border more on the melodic side that you mentioned, rather than a super intense one. I probably wouldn't have sent Brand New if I knew you didn't like Devil and God :lol but I'm glad you liked some of it, the ending really is great.

I'll try to send tomorrow, but I completely fell in love with 2 albums by bands I had never heard of before (probably because they're both debut albums from this year), and I'm hoping to digest them and pick the best possible entry from them since the standings are super close and it's pretty important that I send the best possible thing.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 02:05:10 AM by Train of Naught »
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
the devil and god is better than science fiction in general tbh, but maybe it isn't your thing, dunno  :lol
limousine is  :heart

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
I think Devil and God still had some of that emo-side from Deja Entendu/Daisy that Science Fiction does not. So because of that I can see people preferring Science Fiction, but personally Devil and God is still my favourite even though not by as big of a margin as most.

Limousine will forever be their best song though, there's no way they can top that.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Damn, didn't see that coming. Kyros is awesome and your opinion is terrible. :P

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
There’s no rush in sending at all, I just landed in Romania and will be back home on sunday, so take all the time you need (until Sunday) to pick something to send.
Squ

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Hell yeah, that's one of my favorites songs of the year :2metal:. Album's pretty chill for the most part, it's a nice recent discovery, hope you like it.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
It's one of the most '"fun"' songs I heard

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
It's one of the most '"fun"' songs I heard

:millahhhh
Squ

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
I already got four submissionns; three more to go (though no hangmemes until Sunday anyway. And probably no listens either.

I saw White Walls in a pub yesterday, and I’ll see Haken later today, as wel as Zeal & Ardor, Leprous and Steven Wilson tomorrow. On top of that, Romania is a lovely country so far :D
Squ

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
I have to wait until somewhere in November till I get to see Zeal & Ardor :( :(

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
I have no idea if it will be enjoyable live. I wasn’t overly impressed with Stranger Fruit to be honest.
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
stranger fruit has a few really killer songs and a lot of filler imo

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Sent.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Travelling back now, still missing two entries. I’ll reply to some of the PMs you guys sent regarding songs for Round 8 and EPs when I get back home this afternoon. In the meantime, if the few (2?, 3?) people who haven’t sent for Round 8 yet could do so, that would be great!
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
i hope my EP gets rejected

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
I'll also make an EP, fuck it, no matter whether I make it through you're getting one from me :corn

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
i hope my EP gets rejected

not exactly, but check your PM regardless
Squ

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Hey, Sacul & LordCost.. I know I was away over the weekend, but surely 4 days ought to be enough time to send a song?

I'll start listening tomorrow afternoon (roughly 20 hours from now), so it would be nice to have them in by then. If not.. your loss :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
your

|   | |
| | | _

:neverusethis:

Offline LordCost

I send soon, I forgot to do it this weekend

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=loss
I only discovered that meme recently. While it's not necessarily the funniest (to me anyway, possibly just because it was a bit of a you-had-to-be-there thing), it's incredibly creative.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
https://l

what the fuck is this, seriously, I don't get this at all :lol

(not the lmgtfy, but the actual 'loss' thing. I guess I don't spend enough time behind a computer to fully comprehend)
Squ