Elite's Ridiculous Reverse Scoring Roulette - v4.0: EP Results (The End..)

Started by Elite, May 03, 2018, 03:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elite

Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

LordCost

I didn't send Vangough this time, I usually send them in roulettes, but I thought maybe you have already listened to them and not been impressed. I've got no other bands I regret I had not sent.

Disc 1 is better to me, even if Dirty Boy, Odd Even, Flap Off You Beak and Founding are great songs.

TAC

Did something I never thought I would do...Sent an EP in this roulette.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

I went ahead and sent what I originally made......consequences be damned... :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 07:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Crow

Elite

:metal

everything submitted so far is fine :) I like the write-ups you guys did with the EP, shows that you took some time to put it together. I appreciate that!  ;D
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:

Elite

Right, so here's the full list of albums I have bought so far thanks to this roulette. In between all the new music both in this roulette and outside of it, I have yet to listen to some of these. Albums I've listened to already are denoted with a (*). I'll try to post some thoughts on the albums as a whole as well!

Kaddisfly - Set Sail the Prairie (*)
Cardiacs - Sing to God (* - but only Disc 1)
Cardiacs - On Land and in the Sea
Indukti - Idmen (*)
Twelve Foot Ninja - Outlier (*)
Cryptodira - The Devil's Despair (*)
Algiers - The Underside of Power (*)
Dissona - Paleopneumatic
Lör - In Forgotten Sleep
Aenaon - Hypnosophy
Structural Disorder - ...and the Cage Crumbles in the Final Scene

ariich

If you want to get some David Maxim Micic, BiLo 2.0 (which the song I sent is from) is his best IMO as it's quirky and dynamic and generally really fun.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Elite

Yeah, I will check that one out further. I mentioned in the write-up that I looked for it online, but it's only available in digital.

Elite

By the way; you guys are quick! Got all EPs, except from Rich. You still don't have to hurry, but I might just start listening tomorrow if I have everything, because why not

TAC

Quote from: Elite on August 09, 2018, 12:14:08 AM

everything submitted so far is fine :) I like the write-ups you guys did with the EP, shows that you took some time to put it together. I appreciate that!  ;D

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Crow

3 albums on that list from me and then 4 more i know & like quite a bit, aww yeah  :metal

Quote from: Parama on August 09, 2018, 08:23:42 AM
3 albums on that list from me and then 4 more i know & like quite a bit, aww yeah  :metal
And none of mine  :sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda: I thought you loved me Elite!!!  :'(
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 07:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Elite

Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on August 09, 2018, 04:46:20 PM
And none of mine  :sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda: I thought you loved me Elite!!!  :'(

don't give me the sad treatment :'(

I'll have to look into some stuff you sent first before I decide on purchasing them! :)

Quote from: Elite on August 10, 2018, 12:50:18 AM
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on August 09, 2018, 04:46:20 PM

don't give me the sad treatment :'(

I'll have to look into some stuff you sent first before I decide on purchasing them! :)
It's cool, I'm just being overly dramatic.  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Elite

hangmanen will be amazing this round!

... if ariich sends his EP as well :biggrin:

Crow

ariich

Quote from: Parama on August 10, 2018, 01:47:39 PM
rich, send rich your rich EP
That's a bit rich.

Just finishing up some cross-fading etc. to get the flow right, sending imminently.

Edit: Shit, turns out one of the bands I was including is on the banned list, and I swear they weren't when I first compiled my list of potential bands.

Anyway I'll need to start again, and I'm away at a wedding tomorrow, so it'll need to be Sunday if that's OK Rich?

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

Elite

I might listen to it anyway, because it looks like a fun EP, but yeah.. The Ocean is definitely a banned band (Pelagial is actually a top 50 album; see my latest album top 50) - and sorry if this messes up the rest of your EP, but one of the EP rules states 'all artists previously sent this roulette are banned', so that's one more song not eligible right now.

Sunday will be fine, though I might listen to one or two EPs already tomorrow. I'll catch up with yours later. And hangmanen will have to wait a while as well. Have fun at the wedding! :)

Crow

Yeah there was an artist I absolutely would've put on my EP if someone hadn't sent them earlier

And I had to swap out my closer for a (admittedly better) song that didn't quite fit with my EP as well but whatever it still flows pretty good & feels stylistically cohesive regardless

I mean I made Julia Holter and Vektor work on the same EP that one time so

Quote from: Parama on August 10, 2018, 03:31:59 PM

I mean I made Julia Holter and Vektor work on the same EP that one time so
This sounds like a challenge. I think the next EP round I'm involved in, I'm going to try to make songs that, no one in a million years would think to put together, work together.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Crow

Train ended up hating julia holter anyways so it was kinda pointless but I got a good flow score :P

I'm wondering if my next roulette shouldn't just be three EP rounds and done, maybe if I wanna run a fairly quick one, I didn't get to run any EP round last roulette anyways

aka Puppies_On_Acid

Crow

There would be like a week between each results and the next round starting because putting together an EP usually takes a while (if it's good, anyways  :corn)

Train of Naught

Quote from: Parama on August 10, 2018, 04:12:47 PM
Train ended up hating julia holter anyways so it was kinda pointless but I got a good flow score :P
Yeah I don't remember it very well but the distaste for Juliar Holter definitely had everything to do with it being a Julia Holter song and nothing with flow

Yeah there was an artist I absolutely would've put on my EP if someone hadn't sent them earlier
Same, Gentle Giant!

LordCost

Quote from: Train of Naught on August 10, 2018, 05:27:38 PM
Quote from: Parama on August 10, 2018, 04:12:47 PM
Yeah I don't remember it very well but the distaste for Juliar Holter definitely had everything to do with it being a Julia Holter song and nothing with flow

Same, Gentle Giant!
Really?

Elite

Elite

I have all EPs. Epic EP Round Hangmanen will be ep tonight!

Crow

ariich

Crow

so ready to lose the roulette with my EP submission after being in first most of the roulette  :metal

Elite

So, here's insanity hangmemes. To make it last a little longer (and to have more fun solving it (I HOPE), I divided it into two parts. All the songs sent in the EP Round are in here, as are the EP titles. Once a song has been linked to the corresponding player, I will group them together and by the time the titles get guessed as well, we start to see the full picture.

You can only guess one letter at a time, and you *have* to mention whether your letter is for the top half or the bottom half of hangmanen. If you don't specifically mention that it's for the bottom half, I'll assume it's for the top half.

Happy hangmanen hunting:

???: ________ - _____ __ ___ _____
???: ___. - __ ____
???: __________ - _____
???: ___ _______ - ____
???: ___________ - ___ ________
???: ________ _______ - _________
???: ___________ - ___ ___________
???: __ - ___ ________ _____
???: ________ ________ - _______
???: ____ ____ - _____ _____
???: ________ - ___
???: __ - ________ __ _ _____ ________
???: ________ - ______ ______
???: ________ - ___ _____ ______ ________
???: ____ _______ - ____ _____
???: _________ - ______'_ ____, __. _

---

???: ___ __________ ___ - ___ ________ __ _______
???: __ - _____ _______ ___ _________
???: _________ - ___ ____ ____
???: ________ - _______
???: ________ - _________ _
???: __ ________ _______ - _______ __ ___ _____ ______
???: __ - ______: _________
???: ______ ___ _______ - ______ ________
???: ________ - _____ _________
???: ____ _______ - _________ ___ ____
???: _ ______ __ _____ - ______ ____ _______
???: _________ - ______ ______
???: ___________ - ____ _ ____
???: _________ - ___ _____
???: __ - _ _____ ________
???: _________ - _______ __ ___ _____ ___

Guessed letters (top): n/a
Guessed letters (bottom): n/a

nobody waits 3
nobody waits 2
nobody waits 1

Bolsters

Bolsters™

Crow

Elite

Update:

???: ________ - _____ __ ___ _____
???: ___. - __ ____
???: __________ - _____
???: ___ _______ - ____
???: ___________ - ___ ________
???: ________ _______ - _________
???: ___________ - ___ ___________
???: __ - ___ ________ _____
???: ________ ________ - _______
???: ____ ____ - _____ _____
???: ________ - ___
???: __ - ________ __ _ _____ ________
???: ________ - ______ ______
???: ________ - ___ _____ ______ ________
???: ____ _______ - ____ _____
???: _________ - ______'_ ____, __. _

---

???: ___ __________ ___ - ___ ________ __ B______
???: __ - B___d B______ __d _________
???: _________ - ___ ____ ____
???: _____b__ - _______
???: B_______ - _________ _
???: __ ________ _______ - _______ __ ___ B____ ____d_
???: __ - D_____: ________d
???: _____d __d ___b___ - ______ ________
???: ________ - _____ D________
???: ____ _______ - B________ ___ D___
???: _ ______ __ _____ - ______ ____ _______
???: D________ - ______ _____d
???: ___________ - ____ _ ___d
???: _________ - ___ _____
???: __ - _ _____ _______d
???: _________ - ___d___ __ ___ D____ ___

Guessed letters (top): n/a
Guessed letters (bottom): B, D

Parama waits 3
Bolsters waits 2
nobody waits 1