Author Topic: What music/audio player do you use with your phone?  (Read 3523 times)

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: What music/audio player do you use with your phone?
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2018, 11:52:51 AM »
Itunes, but not streaming.  I like the idea of streaming but my understanding is with any streaming comes larger data usage on your phone bill? We have a lower tier Unlimited data plan with Verizon so I'm not sure how streaming music works with a crappier signal., I've been Itunes from almost the beginning with all my CD's loaded in. Also my computers and phones are Apple, which makes everything seemless.

While that is true, streaming services also let you have offline files. You can download any album you want to listen to while on wi-fi and then listening to it without consuming data. Obviously if you already have everything set up with Itunes it doesn't make alot of sense for you to change, but the option is there.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online faizoff

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2018, 12:48:01 PM »
I use PlayerPro on Android. Best $5 I've ever spent.
I'm intrigued about this. Will have to give it a try. I love PowerAmp on the android phone, it can be customized a lot and plays the same mp3 file with a lot more dynamics than Google music player when I compared. I use in-ear monitors Shure SE215 and poweramp sounds really good with them.

On the iphone I use Marvis, not so much for sound but to customize my display, I don't like the layout of the apple music player.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2018, 01:12:31 PM »
Itunes, but not streaming.  I like the idea of streaming but my understanding is with any streaming comes larger data usage on your phone bill? We have a lower tier Unlimited data plan with Verizon so I'm not sure how streaming music works with a crappier signal., I've been Itunes from almost the beginning with all my CD's loaded in. Also my computers and phones are Apple, which makes everything seemless.

While that is true, streaming services also let you have offline files. You can download any album you want to listen to while on wi-fi and then listening to it without consuming data. Obviously if you already have everything set up with Itunes it doesn't make alot of sense for you to change, but the option is there.
  Thanks for that! Good info for around the house.   I listen more in the car than anywhere else.  So I think I'm still a bit stuck.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2018, 01:53:34 PM »
I use PlayerPro on Android. Best $5 I've ever spent.
I'm intrigued about this. Will have to give it a try. I love PowerAmp on the android phone, it can be customized a lot and plays the same mp3 file with a lot more dynamics than Google music player when I compared. I use in-ear monitors Shure SE215 and poweramp sounds really good with them.

On the iphone I use Marvis, not so much for sound but to customize my display, I don't like the layout of the apple music player.

For the best sound on Android try Neutron Music Player...

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2018, 02:18:27 PM »
I use Google Play Music, and used to use PowerAmp for my files located on my phone. Now I just use Google Play Music or the default music player for the rare instances I want to listen to local files.

I absolutely love Google Play Music... and It's sweet that even though I only get 4gb of data per month, I am on T Mobile, meaning music streaming doesn't count towards my data! :JayOctavarium:

I will say I wish the interface was a bit.. better though.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2018, 03:08:08 PM »
I use itunes on my PC and VLC for FLAC files. On my android phone I use Rocket Player (it's the only player I know that syncs with itunes).

I use itunes because I need the playcounts, skipcounts, ratings, etc in order to make playlists and manage my library, so I need a music player that syncs with itunes.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2018, 03:29:23 AM »
Well, I've been using VLC for a week now. I'm getting used to it, but a couple of things are bothering me. The biggest problem is that a lot of the music I listen to has songs that run into the next track, and VLC puts a small space between all of them.

For example, I was listening to Good Apollo IV from Coheed and Cambria tonight at work. A great deal of the album runs together with no space between the songs, but the player seems to pause very briefly between each track. I decided to try something else to see if it was just a problem with that particular album's files. So I put in Pale Communion from Opeth, and it did it between Voice of Treason and Faith in Others, as well. It just seems very jarring to have that small gap between each track.

Another issue is that whenever I have to pause in the middle of a song, it will sometimes stutter once I resume the playback. Granted, it's not often that I have to pause in the middle of a song, but it's still irritating when it happens.

The search continues...
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2018, 04:57:10 AM »
Another Google Play Music user here. I've been using it for 2.5 years or so. Back then I searched for a streaming music service that would allow me to download my entire music collection to my phone so I wouldn't need to stream all the time. At the time between Spotify, Apple Music and Google Play, Google was the only one that allowed me to do this. It's possible the others do now, but there's no sense in switching now.

I hear now that Google Play Music will be phased out once YouTube's new streaming service launches at some point. Hopefully it's more of just a rebranding and everything moves over seamlessly.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2018, 02:11:18 AM »
I've found a player that fits my needs. Foobar2000.

I used it at work this past evening, and I couldn't be happier. The interface is fairly bland looking, but it's very easy to use. It sounds great, and the playback is gapless. I would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for an app.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline gabeh1018

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2018, 02:01:04 PM »
am I the only one here that uses Tidal? It's a hhi-fidelity music streaming service
Very noticeable difference when listening on my bower and wilkins speakers or even just my free apple earbuds.

Offline Squa7ch2112

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2018, 11:42:48 PM »
PowerAmp gets the job done, been using it for years.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2018, 08:20:13 AM »
I literally have no idea what anyone is talking about in this thread.

Let's  start here:  the cup, on the end of your string.  What kind is it? 

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2018, 08:56:51 AM »

Thanks for that! Good info for around the house.   I listen more in the car than anywhere else.  So I think I'm still a bit stuck.
No no, what he is saying is while at home connected to your wi-fi, you can download the albums through the streaming service, the downloaded albums would then be accessible to you offline, so you would still be able to listen to in in the car without consuming data. :tup
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2018, 09:06:38 AM »
Spotify Player and PowerAmp for offline. Although I can't remember last time I listened to music and didn't use Spotify. Even though I don't have premium account I have more free GBs per month now so I can stream and not fear to pay more for my mobile subscription.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2018, 09:08:55 AM »
So, I have a 160GB iPod Classic, and I'm almost at capacity.   I just upgraded my phone from an iPhone 2 to an 8, with 264GB.   I'm hoping to load most if not all of my music on there, but as I think about it... I'm also burning my CDs - losslessly - to a NAS.   Is there an easy way to "stream" to my phone the music from my home network NAS?   

I'm also bugged by the fact that the iPhone now does not have a headphone jack.  I have a nice set of Klipsch headphones that I now can't use.  :(

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2018, 10:25:16 AM »
So, I have a 160GB iPod Classic, and I'm almost at capacity.   I just upgraded my phone from an iPhone 2 to an 8, with 264GB.   I'm hoping to load most if not all of my music on there, but as I think about it... I'm also burning my CDs - losslessly - to a NAS.   Is there an easy way to "stream" to my phone the music from my home network NAS?   

I'm also bugged by the fact that the iPhone now does not have a headphone jack.  I have a nice set of Klipsch headphones that I now can't use.  :(

I'm sure Apple has a headphone converter for $150 that can help you 😉

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2018, 10:43:02 AM »

I'm sure Apple has a headphone converter for $150 that can help you 😉

HAHA, I'm sure they do.  :)