Prelude: Happiness / I'm So Glad
4 (80%)
Mandrake Root
0 (0%)
Help
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: April 21, 2018, 10:38:17 PM

Author Topic: DEEP PURPLE Survivor 2018 - Shades Of Deep Purple - round 4  (Read 588 times)

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
DEEP PURPLE Survivor 2018 - Shades Of Deep Purple - round 4
« on: April 20, 2018, 10:38:17 PM »
SURVIVOR 2018
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. SHADES OF DEEP PURPLE (1968)

ROD EVANS - lead vocals
RITCHIE BLACKMORE - guitar
JON LORD - organ, backing vocals
NICK SIMPER - bass, backing vocals
IAN PAICE - drums

Shades of Deep Purple is the debut studio album by Deep Purple, released in July 1968 on Tetragrammaton in the United States and in September 1968 on Parlophone in the United Kingdom. The band, initially called Roundabout, was the idea of former Searchers drummer Chris Curtis, who recruited Jon Lord and Ritchie Blackmore before leaving the project. The Mk. I line-up of the band was completed by vocalist/frontman Rod Evans, along with bassist Nick Simper and drummer Ian Paice, in March 1968.

After about two months of rehearsals, Shades of Deep Purple was recorded in only three days in May 1968 and contains four original songs and four covers, thoroughly rearranged to include classical interludes and sound more psychedelic. Stylistically the music is close to psychedelic rock and progressive rock, two genres with an ever-growing audience in the late 1960s.

3RD ROUND RESULTS:
And The Address - 0 (0%)
Hush - 0 (0%)
Prelude: Happiness / I'm So Glad - 2 (40%)
Mandrake Root - 0 (0%)
Help - 0 (0%)
Hey Joe - 3 (60%)

5.  :huh:
6. Hey Joe
7. One More Rainy Day
8. Love Help Me
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only 5 of us? Come on Guys ;) Hey Joe, and after that Prelude should be next.

Offline njfirefighter

Re: DEEP PURPLE Survivor 2018 - Shades Of Deep Purple - round 4
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 11:48:17 PM »
Between Help and Prelude, I'm fine with Prelude