Author Topic: The Wolfking Second Coming Roulette v2. We all know who won. Thanks to all!!!  (Read 85871 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
There's no rush with submissions.  Having a week off work finally so won't be around much from Thursday through to Monday so might even have to put things on hold for a week or so unfortunately.  I'll see how I go.

Awesome - saves me applying for a week's extension to find something good from 2018  :lol

Maybe I should've said "great" rather than "good" but I am quite serious.   I have listened to no less than 40 albums this week that I had short listed from 2018 - half were tripe and only two got a rating around 9/10 and neither are things that I'm convinced that Kade would like.   Normally by this time of year I have at least a few hidden gems that I have found that's I'd be confident in.

So I am glad for a bit of extra time.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
I hope nobody steals my pick by the time I get to send it because I've been waiting to use it since the start.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I hope nobody steals my pick by the time I get to send it because I've been waiting to use it since the start.  :lol

If it hasn't been used in prior rounds then you're good -  there have been double ups accepted before as long as they're in the same round.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I sent mine last week.  ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
yeah i guess i just have no real clue what your tastes are, oh well  :metal

Offline Lethean

Uh oh, looks like I paid a visit to your kitchen after all, Stadler.  :P.

Unlike my Arcturus submission, I have no regrets with Cynthesis.  Love that song, and the whole album it's on.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
 :metal Still moving up!

Sending my next submission soon.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

jingle.boy - Vanish - We Become What We Are

I have this album Saved on Spotify. It's not bad. I actually had The Pale King on my long list for this roulette.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

jingle.boy - Vanish - We Become What We Are

I have this album Saved on Spotify. It's not bad. I actually had The Pale King on my long list for this roulette.

It surely would've fared better! :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I have to reinstall Spotify on my phone for like the 6th time this week because for some reason the mobile app can't handle local files. Ugh.

Sending in just a minute.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hooray!

There's actually a motif in that Aquaria song that directly references Angra's Angels Cry. But I'm glad you had fun with it.  :biggrin: I'll send something today!

Of course, Angra, duh!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
There's no rush with submissions.  Having a week off work finally so won't be around much from Thursday through to Monday so might even have to put things on hold for a week or so unfortunately.  I'll see how I go.

Enjoy it man... very much earned and deserved.

Oh, and I've sent.  As Brent said, the quality so far this year has been (imo) questionable, so I just went with something I'd had my ear on for a while.

Thanks mate.  Lookingforward to having a bit of a breather.

If anyone is struggling with a 2018 submission let me know and I might allow a late 2017 submission. Don't want to skimp on the quality if I don't have too.

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
If anyone is struggling with a 2018 submission let me know and I might allow a late 2017 submission. Don't want to skimp on the quality if I don't have too.

Didn't end up being a problem for me thankfully, that was waiting for it's turn since round 1 :corn
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So, I'm officially having this week off from listening and results.  it's already Tuesday and haven't downloaded or sourced any of the tracks for this round yet, and with me having a few days away, I probably won't start listening until Tuesday next week.  I don't want to promise to listen on my holidays because I'm not in my confort zone to do that, so no rush on this rounds submissions and I think a week break listening to some other things will be good for me and get me ready to crank the last two rounds.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
You'll probably still finish the next round before Parama finishes his current round.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Hey, I'm finishing this round tonight  :millahhhh

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
So, I'm officially having this week off from listening and results.  it's already Tuesday and haven't downloaded or sourced any of the tracks for this round yet, and with me having a few days away, I probably won't start listening until Tuesday next week. 

Slacker!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Back in my day, I listened to 10 albums a week. Multiple times. In the snow!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Back in my day motherfucker I listened to ten 8-tracks a day, and 3 songs on each one were split in half.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Back in my day motherfucker I listened to ten 8-tracks a day, and 3 songs on each one were split in half.

We get it.  You're old as dirt.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

Holy shit, you ARE old!  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yet, I'm not the oldest in this roulette.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Uphill both ways, with no shoes.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Hey, I'm finishing this round tonight  :millahhhh
What he means is, I'm getting cut tonight!  :biggrin: :corn :( :loser:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
So, I'm officially having this week off from listening and results.  it's already Tuesday and haven't downloaded or sourced any of the tracks for this round yet, and with me having a few days away, I probably won't start listening until Tuesday next week.  I don't want to promise to listen on my holidays because I'm not in my confort zone to do that, so no rush on this rounds submissions and I think a week break listening to some other things will be good for me and get me ready to crank the last two rounds.

:tup

perfect.  I'm submitting 2018 tonight then will be out of town from Friday until Sunday of the following week.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I don't know why, but for some reason this comment made me think of a picture of Abbath in the snow.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:tup

perfect.  I'm submitting 2018 tonight then will be out of town from Friday until Sunday of the following week.

Should be back for results just in time for the last round, very nice.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The new Angra is banned, as is the Lione/Conti album just an FYI.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
The new Angra is banned, as is the Lione/Conti album just an FYI.

Guess a couple of people need to resubmit??

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The new Amorphis is banned too.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
one day i'll send an artist that's banned, but not in the next 50 years

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
one day i'll send an artist that's banned, but not in the next 50 years

I really don't know if that's possible mate.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Yet, I'm not the oldest in this roulette.

Blow me.   

;D

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
So I definitely had to check if Angra and Lione-Conti were banned and of course they are.  :lol Guess I'll break my rule and find something from Spotify to send. I'll definitely have something interesting.