Author Topic: The Wolfking Second Coming Roulette v2. We all know who won. Thanks to all!!!  (Read 85880 times)

Offline Tomislav95

Sent something really heavy :metal
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
...bad news...

Fuck Jon, that's awful news.  Thoughts and prayers to her and you and your family. 

Jon, what Kade said. Thinking of you, man.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
Sent
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Okay, everyone is in.  I start the listening tonight.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Crank my score up to 10 :2metal:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
In that case I will take mine to 11
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
8.5 will suffice  :corn

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
make me score higher than Parama for big lulz
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
In that case I will take mine to 11

10 and 11 might not be so flash if he decides on a ranking system  :)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
make me score higher than Parama for big lulz
same

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Stuck here at work and really keen to have a listen through to what you guys have sent.  Getting the itch for some new music which has been not the case for quite a long time now.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
i hope my entry drowns you in awesomeness  :metal
USER WAS GIVEN A 5/10 FOR THIS POST

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Hangmemes when?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Hangmemes when?

I'll bet next month's paycheque that wolfking isn't down (or up, depending on your perspective) with this aspect of roulette hosting.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
If anyone bet with Chad, he won.  I definitely don't have the time, patience and ability to be online to do a hangman type of thing......BUT.........I'm in the middle of completing a 'guess the album cover' collage and will do one each round.  That way it will give you guys something to do when I'm not online.  That will be up tomorrow.

Just about finished listening through everything once bar a couple of songs and this is spectacular.  There is so much amazing stuff here and this round already trumps a lot of the stuff I was sent in my first roulette on first listen I think.  Scoring and/or ranking is going to be a challenge.  And there is so much stuff here I want a lot of listens.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Just about finished listening through everything once bar a couple of songs and this is spectacular. 

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Hey jingle... want to make another bet??  :lol  :hat

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Hey jingle... want to make another bet??  :lol  :hat

:bringiton:

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
If anyone bet with Chad, he won.  I definitely don't have the time, patience and ability to be online to do a hangman type of thing......BUT.........I'm in the middle of completing a 'guess the album cover' collage and will do one each round.  That way it will give you guys something to do when I'm not online.  That will be up tomorrow.

I'm down with this too. I like album collages as well.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I'm down with this too. I like album collages as well.

Was thinking the same thing!  I might get some of them this time around!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
People here have actually heard of the band I sent this time (Was actually on one of the album collages I did and was guessed quickly) so that should be fine  :corn

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
My album has a spectacular artwork (not kidding, it's really beautiful), will also probably be guessed quickly.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm terrible at the artwork guessing games but they're fun to look at. I don't know how well known mine is, and it's not really something that's ordinary for me to own, but I think it looks cool.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
My album has a spectacular artwork (not kidding, it's really beautiful), will also probably be guessed quickly.

Yes, it will.   :rollin

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Just about finished listening through everything once bar a couple of songs and this is spectacular.  There is so much amazing stuff here and this round already trumps a lot of the stuff I was sent in my first roulette on first listen I think.  Scoring and/or ranking is going to be a challenge.  And there is so much stuff here I want a lot of listens.

:metal :metal :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Hope I rank high so it's all downhill from year. The year themes are going to be murder on me  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Everything I sent was from 2015-2018 and I still have backups too so, I don't have any complaints about the themes :corn

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
2015 is my toughest year, because all of my/the best stuff is things he already has.  I got a couple of excellent albums still to draw from, but all the stellar stuff is a no-go.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I just went back and read thru the first 11 pages of your first roulette... great stuff there.  Always a good giggle to revisit good times.

And I've changed my position on 2015... I'm now having trouble deciding what to play.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
2018 is the year I have the least options in for obvious reasons.

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
For 2018 I'd think about situations where a song is so new that a file isn't easily obtainable. I know Kade has albums that are already released in mind but in obscure cases it's still possible.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 05:20:26 AM by Luoto »
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I may have jumped the gun with this statement.  I think my excitement for a bunch of new music might have taken over but as I listen, there's still a lot of good stuff.

For 2018 I'd think about situations where a song is so new that a file isn't easily obtainable. I know Kade has albums that are already released in mind but in obscure cases it's still possible.

I guess I didn't really think about things like this.  I kind of misjudged that we are still early in the year.  Perhaps I'll allow very late 2017 releases also maybe if people are struggling.  Saying that, we've got a few weeks until we get to that round anyhow.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Just do me a favour and don't reveal you own.  These are the album covers that the songs I was sent come from.  Don't know if I've made this too hard or easy or whatever.

A1:
A2:
A3:
A4:
A5:

B1:
B2:
B3:
B4: Syu - You Play Hard (bl5150 (but Brent wouldn't have had a clue without Tim tipping him off.  In actual fact all the credit should just go to Tim, Brent just snaked him actually, and Tim should be upset with Brent for doing this.  Perhaps I should just call this whole thing off and give the crown to Tim now, he's obviously going to be head and shoulders above the competition cause narrowing down a small sample size of a picture to 2 out of 15 competitiors is the work even Kip Winger would be impressed with)) sent by lowdz
B5:

C1:
C2: Amendfoil - Empyrean & Ophidian (Luoto) sent by Parama
C3:
C4:
C5: Lost In Thought - Opus Arise (TAC) - sent by jingle.boy

1 2 3 4 5
A
B
C
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:14:39 AM by wolfking »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I may have jumped the gun with this statement.  I think my excitement for a bunch of new music might have taken over but as I listen, there's still a lot of good stuff.

I hope what you're saying, and quoting me while doing so, is merely a coincidence.  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Don't know what it is, but B4 is either Brent or Paul.