Author Topic: The Wolfking Second Coming Roulette v2. We all know who won. Thanks to all!!!  (Read 90153 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Wolfking Second Coming Roulette v2. Rd5 Results. Send round 6!!
« Reply #945 on: May 30, 2018, 05:33:10 AM »
Happy birfmas, wolfking!

Thanks buddy.  Hope everything is going as well as can be.  Cheers for still visiting.  And you're not even in last place yet after not sending a song last round and getting a duck egg!! :metal
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #946 on: May 30, 2018, 05:34:34 AM »
Some really strong stuff in this round.  Some little surprises too.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #947 on: May 30, 2018, 06:40:00 AM »
Some really strong stuff in this round.  Some little surprises too.

Prediction: Stadler not in last place.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #948 on: May 30, 2018, 07:23:27 AM »
Happy birfmas, wolfking!

Thanks buddy.  Hope everything is going as well as can be.  Cheers for still visiting.  And you're not even in last place yet after not sending a song last round and getting a duck egg!! :metal

Things are going well, thanks for asking. It's fun to spectate.  I want to see how long it takes for me to drop to last. :biggrin:

If I was still in I'd send something off Cellador's second album - at least that would be my first pick. But it wouldn't get ranked highly, I fear.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #949 on: May 30, 2018, 07:29:52 AM »
Happy birfmas, wolfking!

Things are going well, thanks for asking. It's fun to spectate.  I want to see how long it takes for me to drop to last. :biggrin:

If I was still in I'd send something off Cellador's second album - at least that would be my first pick. But it wouldn't get ranked highly, I fear.

If it's any consolation you would get lots of TAC Points  :)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #950 on: May 30, 2018, 01:10:18 PM »
Happy birfmas, wolfking!

I'm doing my best to keep you out of the cellar, friend!  :)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #951 on: May 30, 2018, 01:25:57 PM »
Things have calmed down a bit on my end and I'm glad wolfy enjoyed at least one of my submissions so that's cool. I was going to say let's see how long Stadler takes to beat me but he's less than 2 points away so he'll at least have that piece of mind knowing he won't be in last  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #952 on: May 30, 2018, 02:25:04 PM »

Damn straight!

100 TAC Points to K-Lox.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #953 on: May 30, 2018, 03:32:22 PM »

Damn straight!

100 TAC Points to K-Lox.

TAC points are redeemable only supermarkets in the greater New England area.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #954 on: May 30, 2018, 03:42:09 PM »
100 TAC points in the US equals 78 TAC points in Canada.  :P

Just sent Rounds 7 & 8. Taking a chance with a crazy song in Round 7, and sent some harshy vocals for the 2018 Round from an album that has me addicted.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #955 on: May 30, 2018, 03:45:00 PM »

Damn straight!

100 TAC Points to K-Lox.

:2metal:

I should have kept you in the roulette and kicked out Parama. :neverusethis: jk again Parama ily

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #956 on: May 30, 2018, 03:48:23 PM »
Off The Grid is a fucking awesome album. For some reason I caught some grief for it.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #957 on: May 30, 2018, 04:25:39 PM »
TYS is too powerful to kick :P

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #958 on: May 30, 2018, 04:26:57 PM »
TYS?

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #959 on: May 30, 2018, 04:29:15 PM »
thankem scienceboyyssss

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #960 on: May 30, 2018, 04:33:49 PM »
Off the Grid freaking rules, but the autotune on Chris's voice is a bit obscene sometimes. Killer album though.

And yes, it was all downhill for you after TYS  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #961 on: May 30, 2018, 04:39:21 PM »
Will still stress that I sent mostly just albums from my all-time top 10-15 or so  :corn
But, tastes

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #962 on: May 30, 2018, 05:09:41 PM »
Nothing wrong with that at all, and I wouldn't want you to send me something you didn't like  :biggrin:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #963 on: May 30, 2018, 11:21:00 PM »
Happy birfmas, wolfking!

I might just pick a random song from this and include you in this round anyway mate.  This is as good as a submission.  :metal

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #964 on: May 31, 2018, 12:06:21 AM »
Things have calmed down a bit on my end and I'm glad wolfy enjoyed at least one of my submissions so that's cool. I was going to say let's see how long Stadler takes to beat me but he's less than 2 points away so he'll at least have that piece of mind knowing he won't be in last  :lol

Don't count your chickens... Wolfking LOVES hard and heavy, and I sent a Scottish/Welsh folk tune (I shit you not). 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #965 on: May 31, 2018, 07:19:47 AM »
Wolf, if you'll allow it, let me join back in on the next open round, I don't expect any family catastrophes to happen again soon. Stadler's making me want to compete with him at the bottom, and this is fun, and you should totally rate one of those Cellador tracks just for giggles :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #966 on: May 31, 2018, 09:26:28 AM »
Just to let you guys know, I've been admitted to hospital overnight (nothing serious but incredibly painful - kidney stone). Might be in a few days if surgery is needed. Might just have to send you the song info for the next round Kade, and let you source it yourself.  I'm sure Brent will be able to help 😁

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #967 on: May 31, 2018, 09:27:58 AM »
Just to let you guys know, I've been admitted to hospital overnight (nothing serious but incredibly painful - kidney stone). Might be in a few days if surgery is needed. Might just have to send you the song info for the next round Made, and let you source it yourself.  I'm sure Brent will be able to help 😁

Fucking old-man problems.   >:( >:(  Sorry to hear that Paul.  Not looking forward to if/when I draw that card.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #968 on: May 31, 2018, 10:03:46 AM »
Too true. And I wouldn't recommend it 😀 I'm usually ok with pain but that was not Nice.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #969 on: May 31, 2018, 10:04:31 AM »
Just to let you guys know, I've been admitted to hospital overnight (nothing serious but incredibly painful - kidney stone). Might be in a few days if surgery is needed. Might just have to send you the song info for the next round Kade, and let you source it yourself.  I'm sure Brent will be able to help 😁

Sorry to hear that mate.   Happy to help if required.  :)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #970 on: May 31, 2018, 10:33:51 AM »
Just to let you guys know, I've been admitted to hospital overnight (nothing serious but incredibly painful - kidney stone). Might be in a few days if surgery is needed. Might just have to send you the song info for the next round Made, and let you source it yourself.  I'm sure Brent will be able to help 😁

Fucking old-man problems.   >:( >:(  Sorry to hear that Paul.  Not looking forward to if/when I draw that card.

I've broken a ton of bones, I've had teeth knocked out, couple concussions, blah blah blah, but I've never experienced any pain like the one kidney stone I had.  I was on the floor, in the bathroom at 3 am in the fetal position hoping the cool tile would provide some relief (it did not).  I don't wish that on my worst enemy.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #971 on: May 31, 2018, 10:41:04 AM »
When I was doing my pharmacy degree one rather eccentric lecturer described the pain of gout/kidney stones as "like walking up a rocky mountain on your eyeballs."   I have no idea what that would feel like but I am guessing it's not comfortable.

Funny the things we remember - I can't remember what I did yesterday but I can remember that line  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #972 on: May 31, 2018, 10:42:45 AM »
Geez Paul. Good luck and hopefully relief will come soon.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #973 on: May 31, 2018, 10:58:08 AM »
Fuuuudge. Kidney stones. Get well soon Lowdz. Sorry you're going through that :(

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #974 on: May 31, 2018, 11:06:01 AM »
Cheers gents. I felt the same as Starlet. Not even copious amounts of morphine were helping. There was no "beautiful agony" being felt here 😁

Pain went away earlier in the day but the early stages are starting to creep back in.

Covers and our health problems  :censored

That description by Brent's tutor is hilarious and pretty accurate.

The female paramedics said stone pain is equal to Labour so my Mrs can't give me grief about that anymore 😁

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #975 on: May 31, 2018, 11:07:00 AM »
Anyway, have I missed smudgies hangman or anagrams?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #976 on: May 31, 2018, 03:40:13 PM »

Oh shit man, that's awful.  Never experienced it myself and don't want to.  However you want to roll is cool with me mate.  Get better.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #977 on: May 31, 2018, 03:44:54 PM »
Anyway, have I missed smudgies hangman or anagrams?

No, time is just an issue at the moment.  I have to leave for work now, but thought I'd do some sort of teaser.  Here is one word from each song title and who sent it, or half a word if the song title only has one word;

TAC - Wicked
Parama - Saviour
Lethean - Ghost
Helker - Fight
Puppies_On_Acid - Part 1
bl5150 - Abandoned
Bolsters - Delim
lowdz - Eagle
Luoto - Seven
tomislav95 - Soli
jingle.boy - Scars
Stadler - Saints
Big Hath - Glory
Elite - Search

Doesn't really work for half song titles but whatever.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #978 on: May 31, 2018, 03:46:16 PM »
Wolf, if you'll allow it, let me join back in on the next open round, I don't expect any family catastrophes to happen again soon. Stadler's making me want to compete with him at the bottom, and this is fun, and you should totally rate one of those Cellador tracks just for giggles :lol

This is a yes on all counts.  I'll pick a song from the Cellador tonight and you're back in the next round mate.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #979 on: May 31, 2018, 03:47:03 PM »
The female paramedics said stone pain is equal to Labour so my Mrs can't give me grief about that anymore 😁

Mrs. P (who has had natural child-birth three times) says passing a kidney stone is way worse, so you may actually have bragging rights.  :)

Get well, soon.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens