Author Topic: The Wolfking Second Coming Roulette v2. We all know who won. Thanks to all!!!  (Read 85888 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Was hoping to wake up to resultz.

:sadpanda:

I'm going to struggle now it's a new week.  But will try and start writing tomorrow and Wednesday and hopefully maybe I can get them up by Wednesday night.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
There's a couple of really promising tracks in here where I could see myself liking more of what these bands are doing.  The more I listen though, the more I think there may be only a few of these.  There are a few of misses like normal, probably more as the listens go on, and one still a clear favourite, although, probably not as clear cut at the start of the listenings.  This one song seems to have lost a bit of its novelty quite quickly, but I still find myself going back to it time and time again.  I'll reveal the songs and who sent them tomorrow.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I got a writeup for you!

TAC wins
J Boy loses

BAM next round!

How's that? ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
I'm sending synth pop next round
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Maybe we should all send synth pop next round  :rollin
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Maybe we should all send synth pop next round  :rollin

I'm sending Barbie Girl by Aqua. I know that's not banned
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Lowdz

Definitely a clever selection.

It would hi if the song wasn’t a snore fest... 😀

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I got a writeup for you!

TAC wins
J Boy loses

BAM next round!

How's that? ;D

Hmmm.....well that would save me a lot of time...... :justjen

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Awesome. Sent! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Here's the list and who sent, in no order.

TAC - Euphoreon - Mirrors
jingle.boy - Horizon's Edge - In A Moment
Puppies_On_Acid - Rivers of Nihil - The Silent Life
Luoto - Fireproven - The Tower
bl5150 - Collibus - End of the Line
Parama - Slugdge - The Spectral Burrows
Bolsters - Sergey Golovin - Bouncing Ball
tomislav - Visigoth - Warrior Queen
Lethean - Tesseract - Juno
Stadler - Rainbow - Waiting on A Sign
Big Hath - Barren Earth - The Ruby
lowdz - Snake Eyes Seven - The Kill
Evermind - Vile Caliber - Willpower
Kattoelox - Giraffes? Giraffes! - At the Turf Field Behind my Parents House
Elite - Huntsmen - Pyre

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Stadler's probably going to ask if these all are real bands pretty soon. :biggrin:
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
New Zealand death metal Tim - you have come a long way backwards   :lol

Chad backing the ANZACS too - nice  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Stadler's probably going to ask if these all are real bands pretty soon. :biggrin:

LITERALLY  haven't heard of one of them other than the band I sent in.

(Actually, not true; Visigoth and Tesseract.    But if I'm in a band, and the bass player says "Hey, I got a great name for a band:  "'Giraffes' with a question mark, then 'Giraffes' with an exclamation point!   Cool, huh?"  I'm having a band  meeting without him to discuss personnel issues.  :) :))

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

LITERALLY  haven't heard of one of them other than the band I sent in.

(Actually, not true; Visigoth and Tesseract.    But if I'm in a band, and the bass player says "Hey, I got a great name for a band:  "'Giraffes' with a question mark, then 'Giraffes' with an exclamation point!   Cool, huh?"  I'm having a band  meeting without him to discuss personnel issues.  :) :))

:lol

I tried listening to Visigoth once. Should be my thing, right? Couldn't stand more than 30 seconds of it. Tesseract is a wet fart to me as well. Curious to hear wolfking's reception to them. Also, Huntsmen was in my roulette, which tells me Stadler scrolled immediately to wherever his album was in the results  :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Juno and The Silent Life are some of my favourite songs of the year :heart which means RIP Lethean and Puppies, I don't think you were around to experience how badly I did in wolfking's previous roulette :loser:
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Juno and The Silent Life are some of my favourite songs of the year :heart which means RIP Lethean and Puppies, I don't think you were around to experience how badly I did in wolfking's previous roulette :loser:
:rollin That certainly is a confidence booster!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Chad backing the ANZACS too - nice  ;D

Well, you stole Damnations Day from me, so I had to find a backfill.   :P
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Pro tip - if you're wanting to use an Aussie band in a roulette where there are Aussies involved , go with it early lest it be "stolen" from you ;)  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lethean

I'm already prepared for Juno to do poorly.  But it was either that - a song that I love - or sending something from a random 2018 release that I hadn't listened to.  I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks when we get the results. :)

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Pro tip - if you're wanting to use an Aussie band in a roulette where there are Aussies involved , go with it early lest it be "stolen" from you ;)  ;D

Protip... stick to your own obscure stuff!   :biggrin:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm already prepared for Juno to do poorly.  But it was either that - a song that I love - or sending something from a random 2018 release that I hadn't listened to.

That's what I did instead of sending Myles Kennedy. I was sure Stadler's going to use that one.

Offline Lethean

I'm already prepared for Juno to do poorly.  But it was either that - a song that I love - or sending something from a random 2018 release that I hadn't listened to.

That's what I did instead of sending Myles Kennedy. I was sure Stadler's going to use that one.

Who knows?  Maybe you'll win the round that way. :)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

It's clear that you haven't listened to my track. :lol

Offline Lethean

Guilty as charged... :)

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I did... thought it was quite enjoyable.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
It kinda is (if you skip the spoken part in the beginning), but given Kade's latest stance on AOR, I really don't expect much at all.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
I expect to get a score for my song

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Sorry guys, but I really hate to be one of those guys as I love sticking to a schedule, especially when I've said what I'm going to do, but it's 9.20pm and just got home, so results are going to have to wait a couple more days and will have them Saturday morning.  I was pretty optimistic saying today but don't want to rush write ups etc. so might just delay it out.  Really hate doing it, but unfortunately, it can't be helped.

I'm also secretly trying to prolong this thing, because this has been so cool, I don't really want it to end.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Sorry guys, but I really hate to be one of those guys as I love sticking to a schedule, especially when I've said what I'm going to do, but it's 9.20pm and just got home, so results are going to have to wait a couple more days and will have them Saturday morning.  I was pretty optimistic saying today but don't want to rush write ups etc. so might just delay it out.  Really hate doing it, but unfortunately, it can't be helped.

I'm also secretly trying to prolong this thing, because this has been so cool, I don't really want it to end.

:getoffmylawn:

Don't you know I have no life, and roulette results is the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning!?!?!?   :D

But seriously, hurry the fuck up so I can bet the taste of that last "7" out of my mouth.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I knew you'd be the first one in here busting my ass.  ;D

Hopefully the anxious wait of the last rounds results might be the perfect anticipation Chad.  Then again, maybe not.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I know... I need help.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I know... I need help.

Unfortunately, I don't think that we can help you Chad.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

I know... I need help.

He may be beyond help....  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I know... I need help.

He may be beyond help....  :biggrin:

I was trying to put it nicely!!  ;D

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It's almost 3pm Friday here so I'll get up in the morning and do them.  about 20 hours from now or so.