Author Topic: The Wolfking Second Coming Roulette v2. We all know who won. Thanks to all!!!  (Read 86782 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: The Wolfking Second Coming Roulette v2. Rd5 Results. Send round 6!!
« Reply #1050 on: June 03, 2018, 06:01:59 AM »
Re: Striker.... Brent pimped this - can't remember if it was in a thread, or a B&B podcast.  The 2017 s/t was a nice little listen, but their 2016 release is where it's at.

re: Anti-Life Savior... totally hear the When The Walls Fall Down vibe.  Great song, but I could've done without the 100% growlies.  They didn't turn me off, but (for me), some clean vox would be necessary for it to rate as a 9+ tune.

re: Abandoned by the Gods ... recognized Anders Edberg's voice straight away.  Gonna be checking this album out fo sho.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 09:50:23 AM by jingle.boy »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1051 on: June 03, 2018, 06:12:36 AM »
Round 6 results - 2017 albums

Parama - Shade Empire - Anti-Life Savior

I'm not gonna lie Parama.  When I saw you jump at the chance of wanting to be in my roulette after participating in my first roulette, I had a bit of a couple, but you're a cool dude despite out differences in tastes you have been a pleasure to have on board since round 1 of my first roulette.  All I want to say, is thank God you wanted to be a part of this, and thank you for sending me this song.  My boys who are hitting the nail on the head each round and are towards the top of the ladder might scratch their heads at this being at the top and the score

Not this boy. I sampled most of the tracks in this round last night, and after sampling this, I Saved it on Spotify. I knew it would score round.

Guess I played it too safe in this round. I liked the tune though and was confident in it.

Great call on Cellador (@ Brent  :P)

Now looking up at Hath...

Already sent the next two rounds. Sent something risky in both.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1052 on: June 03, 2018, 06:14:33 AM »

Gonna be looking up at me soon enough too!  :footloose:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1053 on: June 03, 2018, 06:26:26 AM »

Gonna be looking up at me soon enough too!  :footloose:

Ha! Yeah, that's very possible.

Both tracks will either get "This is really cool", or "This didn't work for me.".
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I Saved Angelmora on Spotify at some point last year. It's very enjoyable.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Oh cool! I'm glad you liked that Cellador track. Now I need to send something you will like AND crush Lethean  :biggrin:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
I had a feeling Skepsis wouldn't do too well, but I had to send you something from that just to try it, since it was my favorite album of 2017. I had other stuff that probably would have been safer, but I'm not in a position to win this so I took a chance. Next song will hopefully be more up your alley.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Lowdz

Happy with my score.

Listened to the Shade Empire and enjoyed it to a point. The elephant in the room of course is the growls. They are not for me. With some singing on this it would be great.

Offline Lethean

Oh cool! I'm glad you liked that Cellador track. Now I need to send something you will like AND crush Lethean  :biggrin:

?  You should probably set your sights a wee bit higher.  There are a lot of people between us on the list.  I could win the remaining rounds (I won't) and you'd probably still be ahead. :)

Glad you liked Voyager, wolfking.  I liked V quite a bit, but Ghost Mile is better.  My favorite of theirs is probably I Am the Revolution.  (Which they did in its entirety at ProgPower USA and totally brought the house down).

Now to try to find a band that's not on the banned list... I'm pretty sure I'm listening to one right now but don't think you'd like them.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
oh yeah  :metal
shade empire always seem to score well no matter the roulette, i got my best score in bolsters' roulette with them too

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Just playing, Lethean  :biggrin: To be honest I think that Voyager tune is way better than the Cellador track.

I have no idea what to send for next round sent  :lol
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 11:14:38 AM by Kattoelox »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Sent for round 7!  :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
Likewise.
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline Lethean

Sent a totally awesome song that I just played 4 times, and also played the album that it's on.  He should like it.  Everyone should like it.   :metal  However - I'm still preparing myself to be competing with Stadler for last place.   :corn

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
  :metal  However - I'm still preparing myself to be competing with Stadler for last place.   :corn

Stay out of my kitchen!  :)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Sent a totally awesome song that I just played 4 times, and also played the album that it's on.  He should like it.  Everyone should like it.   :metal  However - I'm still preparing myself to be competing with Stadler for last place.   :corn

What is it? Tell me tell me tell me   :corn

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Prediction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fkIKmwbZQk

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Dude  :lol :lol :lol

Offline Lethean

:metal  However - I'm still preparing myself to be competing with Stadler for last place.   :corn

Stay out of my kitchen!  :)

I'm doing my best to. :). Might not be able to help stopping by though.

Offline Lethean

It's not an Italian band, or Leprous, so you probably won't like it. :)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

It's not an Italian band, or Leprous, so you probably won't like it. :)

:lol :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
i'm back to sending 7/10's now (or rather i gave wolf a lot of them at the start of the roulette and haven't thought about it since) so y'all still have room to jump ahead of me so i can go to last place

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
oh yeah  :metal
shade empire always seem to score well no matter the roulette, i got my best score in bolsters' roulette with them too

Is this song a good representation of what the band are about?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
i mean, i only have that one album, but, yep
i did listen to their previous album too which was pretty similar in style but didn't do it for me as much as their recent one
anti life saviour is the best song on the album though but the intro track is pretty killer too & the rest of the album is pretty solid, not one of my favorites of the year overall but still good stuff

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
i mean, i only have that one album, but, yep
i did listen to their previous album too which was pretty similar in style but didn't do it for me as much as their recent one
anti life saviour is the best song on the album though but the intro track is pretty killer too & the rest of the album is pretty solid, not one of my favorites of the year overall but still good stuff

Yeah sweet. I figured that would have been the best song on the album, but will definitely be checking it out.

Offline Lowdz

Will send something when I get home from work.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I know Chad and Paul have submissions on the way but also waiting on;

Elite
Stadler
Big Hath
tomislav
Evermind

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Will send something when I get home from work.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Sented

Now to continue my quest to find something submission-worthy from 2018

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
You'll have it in a couple hours; I know the band, just trying to settle on the song. 

Offline Tomislav95

I hoped you'd like Chaos Addict a bit more, they are one of the rare Croatian bands I actually like. But ok, I'm glad you at least found them decent.
Also, sent.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Sent some very power-metal-like power metal, double bass driven and all. Probably not going to work very well. :biggrin:
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Paul, check your email mate.  Need a resend, sorry.