Poll

Rage Against the Machine - YAY or NAY?

YAY
38 (62.3%)
NAY
23 (37.7%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Rage Against the Machine - YAY or NAY?  (Read 1856 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Rage Against the Machine - YAY or NAY?
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2020, 01:00:03 PM »
I love RATM so a very loud YAY for me. There's something about their music that just gets me sooo pumped up. I think their music takes a new level when you hear it loudly in a car for example.

Man they where the shit in the 90s!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2020, 03:17:38 PM »
They have hit songs??

Killing in the Name
Freedom
Bulls on Parade
People of the Sun
Guerilla Radio
Testify
Sleep Now in the Fire
Renegades of Funk
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 10:18:58 PM by black_biff_stadler »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2020, 03:28:35 PM »
Big NAY for me.  Can't stand the singer, and I've never liked Morello's noise making.  Just not my cup of tea in any way, shape, or form.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2020, 04:04:55 PM »
I recall seeing Zac Brown Band (a country band) last year and in their encore they did some rock covers (Pour Some Sugar On Me and Hot For Teacher) and the final song of the night was Bulls on Parade and their fiddle player was the one singing it and I liked the cover and they pulled it off really well.  Sure, they didn't quite capture Morello's wacky guitar effects, but it wasn't a detriment to the performance at all.  So yes,  RATM is that kind of band that can have some crossover into areas of music that one wouldn't think would listen to RATM.  In fact, the first time I discovered Zac Brown Band on a live stream, they did a cover of Killing in the Name as the final song of the set that night as well.

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2020, 04:37:05 PM »
Amazing band, first album is a classic and Battle For Los Angeles has it’s moments. As for Morello, I get the comments about the weird solos but I saw him live with Audioslave and he absolutely blew me away. Hands down one of the greatest guitar players I’ve seen live and I’ve seen Ritchie Blackmore, Joe Satriani, Richie Sambora, John Petrucci, Steve Morse, Alex Lifeson, Edward Van Halen and Slash amongst others.  It almost felt like you were watching a throwback to Hendrix or something, like the guitar was an extension of his being. It’s hard to describe but he was incredible and some of those riffs he has are so incendiary, just igniting the crowd into a frenzy of headbanging and jumping. When they did Sleep Now In The Fire, the place went insane and this was an Audioslave show.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2020, 04:54:06 PM »
I've been wanting to see them live for years. I was shocked when they announced the tour. Didn't think I would ever have the chance