Author Topic: What album are you listening to? v.6  (Read 478286 times)

Online nick_z

Re: What album are you listening to? v.6
« Reply #10185 on: July 01, 2021, 10:49:10 AM »

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10186 on: July 01, 2021, 10:52:00 AM »
Stryper- To Hell With the Devil

Bryan Adams- Reckless

Van Halen- Fair Warning

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10187 on: July 01, 2021, 11:43:06 AM »
Belmont  live youtube
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Melphina

« Reply #10188 on: July 01, 2021, 01:00:39 PM »

Busy day today. The rest of the day below. Excellent blend of familiar favorites and brand new stuff I've never heard before based on some posts here. That Jari Lindholm record is amazing and introduced me to Enshine and Exgenesis. Heck yes. I am a big fan of his now.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #10189 on: July 01, 2021, 01:09:27 PM »

Online nick_z

« Reply #10190 on: July 01, 2021, 02:13:01 PM »

Busy day today. The rest of the day below. Excellent blend of familiar favorites and brand new stuff I've never heard before based on some posts here. That Jari Lindholm record is amazing and introduced me to Enshine and Exgenesis. Heck yes. I am a big fan of his now.

Couldn't agree more! Exgenesis and Enshine are great. And I'd also recommend Slumber - "Fallout" is their only record (2004), and Lindholm plays on it too. A bit rougher around the edges, but if you like that early Katatonia sound, you might enjoy this one too.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #10191 on: July 01, 2021, 02:17:24 PM »
I will check them out. Thank you!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #10192 on: July 01, 2021, 02:48:46 PM »

I don't know who this is but it's a fantastic album cover.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10193 on: July 01, 2021, 02:50:26 PM »

I used to be vehemently opposed to harsh vocals. But this Enshine album was instrumental to me accepting them. I checked it out when it was released and was blown away. The music is gorgeous and the vocals really provide an interesting landscape that blends great with the music.
This is literally the first 100% harsh vocal album that I actually purchased.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10194 on: July 01, 2021, 03:09:12 PM »
Arion - A Vulture Dies Alone

Online nick_z

« Reply #10195 on: July 01, 2021, 04:51:46 PM »

I used to be vehemently opposed to harsh vocals. But this Enshine album was instrumental to me accepting them. I checked it out when it was released and was blown away. The music is gorgeous and the vocals really provide an interesting landscape that blends great with the music.

You should check out Jari Lindholm's album (Trajectories). It's instrumental and less space-y than Enshine - the sound is not quite as "lush" - but you can definitely recognize the style. Great melodies.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10196 on: July 01, 2021, 05:19:08 PM »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #10197 on: July 01, 2021, 06:13:44 PM »

Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon III: The Chosen

Really surprised by how much I liked this.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10198 on: July 01, 2021, 06:30:54 PM »
Today at work...

You know...just to change things up.. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10199 on: July 01, 2021, 08:00:56 PM »

You should check out Jari Lindholm's album (Trajectories). It's instrumental and less space-y than Enshine - the sound is not quite as "lush" - but you can definitely recognize the style. Great melodies.

Just ran through most of it..Saved on Spotify. Very nice.

I also have this 2021 instrumental album Saved as well..April Rain-Mirror Of Ether. It's slightly similar but taken down a few notches.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10200 on: July 01, 2021, 08:50:12 PM »

I'm running through this now on youtube while I'm in the office by myself for lockdown.  It's very nice indeed.  Wonderful melodies and atmosphere.  Some of the guitar lines are superb and work so well with the vocals.

I get an Insomnium mixed with Be'lakor kind of vibe from it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10201 on: July 01, 2021, 08:52:38 PM »
It's a really cool album, Kade. It really helped open me up to harshies.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10202 on: July 01, 2021, 09:37:43 PM »
It's a really cool album, Kade. It really helped open me up to harshies.

:metal
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline HOF

« Reply #10203 on: July 01, 2021, 11:19:55 PM »
Field Music - Flat White Moon

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #10204 on: July 02, 2021, 05:32:19 AM »
April and May was primarily concept album listening.  July, I'm gonna run through live albums.  So, naturally to bridge the gap, I had to watch these over the past while during my workouts.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online nick_z

« Reply #10205 on: July 02, 2021, 06:56:06 AM »

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10206 on: July 02, 2021, 07:00:06 AM »
Damageplan - New Found Power

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #10207 on: July 02, 2021, 07:38:17 AM »

Wow, haven't listened to that in such a long time. It wasn't great but Fuck You was a great song!

Offline darkshade

« Reply #10208 on: July 02, 2021, 07:44:17 AM »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10209 on: July 02, 2021, 07:49:12 AM »

Wow, haven't listened to that in such a long time. It wasn't great but Fuck You was a great song!

I'm about half-way through. I really like "Pride" but holy crap the rest of the album is pretty terrible IMO.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #10210 on: July 02, 2021, 07:51:52 AM »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10211 on: July 02, 2021, 08:27:46 AM »

I'm about half-way through. I really like "Pride" but holy crap the rest of the album is pretty terrible IMO.

So the second half is better than the first but I still think the album largely disappointing. I guess it was just my expectations going into it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #10212 on: July 02, 2021, 09:32:18 AM »
Brooklyn Rider - Healing Modes
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #10213 on: July 02, 2021, 09:43:47 AM »

« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 12:28:07 PM by Melphina »

Online nick_z

« Reply #10214 on: July 02, 2021, 10:04:37 AM »

What did you think of the new ATG? I have posted a couple of quick comments in the new releases thread...

Offline Melphina

« Reply #10215 on: July 02, 2021, 10:22:48 AM »

What did you think of the new ATG? I have posted a couple of quick comments in the new releases thread...

I've never listened to At The Gates before, but it was on a list of new releases that I check out every week. It was okay. Nothing really stood out to me on the first listen, but it wasn't bad either. Serviceable melodeath, but again, nothing grabbed me by the shoulders and hooked me in. I might give it a couple more spins over the weekend, or check out some of their other albums. I enjoyed the Felled album more; blackened folk metally stuff, the production is more raw than the ATG record, but it has more elements that I personally enjoy, along the lines of, say, Agalloch.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #10216 on: July 02, 2021, 10:44:25 AM »

Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #10217 on: July 02, 2021, 12:28:17 PM »

So the second half is better than the first but I still think the album largely disappointing. I guess it was just my expectations going into it.

Yea if Dime didn't have anything to do without there's no way I would've given it as many spins as I did back in the day.

I've never listened to At The Gates before, but it was on a list of new releases that I check out every week. It was okay. Nothing really stood out to me on the first listen, but it wasn't bad either. Serviceable melodeath, but again, nothing grabbed me by the shoulders and hooked me in. I might give it a couple more spins over the weekend, or check out some of their other albums. I enjoyed the Felled album more; blackened folk metally stuff, the production is more raw than the ATG record, but it has more elements that I personally enjoy, along the lines of, say, Agalloch.

I thought the new At the Gates was fine. I wasn't giving it my full attention but nothing particularly stood out. I've been spinning At War with Reality a bit more recently and I think it's probably my second favourite album of theirs. No need to say what my #1 is.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #10218 on: July 02, 2021, 02:29:53 PM »
Sleaze Beez - Screwed, Blued and Tattooed

Babylon AD - s/t

Electric Boys - Funk-o-metal Carpet Ride

Victory + Culture Killed The Native

Saraya - s/t

Joanna Dean - Ain’t Misbehavin’

Online nick_z

« Reply #10219 on: July 02, 2021, 03:41:10 PM »

I thought the new At the Gates was fine. I wasn't giving it my full attention but nothing particularly stood out. I've been spinning At War with Reality a bit more recently and I think it's probably my second favourite album of theirs. No need to say what my #1 is.

Would that be Slaughter of the Soul? That's mine too, but if you are really old-school you might actually go back to the Red in the Sky/With Fear I Kiss... period  ;D That was almost a different band anyway, as one main songwriter from back then left after the 2nd album...

For me, as much as SotS famously spawned a whole subgenre that got waaay overcrowded, it's hard to deny how much of a blast it still is. It shouldn't be "punished" for what it did  ;) So many good riffs. The first 5-song run is insane. Although I always felt the seeds for that were already in Terminal Spirit Disease. Plus, TSD still had a little more of that melancholy that I really enjoy in my music. For my money, if it was more than an EP + live songs, it could even be better than SotS...