Author Topic: What album are you listening to? v.6  (Read 478269 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: What album are you listening to? v.6
« Reply #8785 on: March 09, 2021, 12:27:57 PM »
Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive!

Speaking of Frampton I just saw this video with Rick Beato and Peter Frampton https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lCpTHZkvnc&t=46s

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #8786 on: March 09, 2021, 12:44:58 PM »
Glad you came forward and felt comfortable posting this in here. I'm 100% going to give it a listen. Just had a quick search on Spotify and I can't find the album, but there is a 6 hour playlist  :lol  I'll try the album on YouTube first. Is it an anime soundtrack or a video game soundtrack? Either way, I'm down. I'll report back at some point in the next 24 hours!

You're mostly right about it being a video game soundtrack; most of the songs were commissioned for the game that this is a soundtrack of (Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA), but I think there's a couple songs that were made prior to the game being developed. For sake of simplicity, though, I would refer to it as a video game soundtrack.
As for the album itself, it's only 10 songs (there's 13, but the last three are alternate versions of songs already played on the main album) and it's only 34 minutes total (excluding the bonus tracks). I have a playlist of the album on YouTube, which I can link if I'm allowed to do that.

Yea link it, I'm sure that's fine  :biggrin:

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #8787 on: March 09, 2021, 01:51:12 PM »
Eminem - Music To Be Murdered By Side B

Even though it was released in 2020 it was only 13 days before the end of the year soooo I'm cheating a little and gonna count this as an honorable 2021 release
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #8788 on: March 09, 2021, 02:22:39 PM »
My god, if you stuck a shotgun up my ass and said listen to this Eminem record or I'll pull the trigger my response would be "is it birdshot or buckshot?

I know he's a poet and I acknowledge that he's got some talent as a rapper but there is just something about that dude that rubs me in every wrong way possible.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #8789 on: March 09, 2021, 02:36:52 PM »
My god, if you stuck a shotgun up my ass and said listen to this Eminem record or I'll pull the trigger my response would be "is it birdshot or buckshot?

I know he's a poet and I acknowledge that he's got some talent as a rapper but there is just something about that dude that rubs me in every wrong way possible.

So you wouldn't call yourself an Eminem-stan?  ;)
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #8790 on: March 09, 2021, 02:39:00 PM »

This album is amazing.  Phenomenal jazz/metal fusion.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8791 on: March 09, 2021, 03:54:35 PM »

cool, thanks for sharing, glad you have an open mind about art
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8792 on: March 09, 2021, 08:05:07 PM »

This is a bizarre reply, considering nothing in the post you quoted indicated that his opinion is based on how open his mind is or isn't.... :lol :lol :lol
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 08:17:45 PM by KevShmev »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8793 on: March 09, 2021, 08:22:56 PM »
It actually indicated his ass might be open.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8794 on: March 09, 2021, 08:26:01 PM »
 :lol :lol

Meanwhile, in the spirit of this thread, I am now listening to So-Called Chaos by Alanis.  Joe will be proud.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #8795 on: March 09, 2021, 08:28:56 PM »
When you have good taste....

Take notes Tim.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8796 on: March 09, 2021, 08:30:31 PM »
Hey I love Jagged Little Pill!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8797 on: March 09, 2021, 08:31:35 PM »
So Called Chaos is an eargasm to me. Songs.  Sonically.   Just a fantastic album.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8798 on: March 09, 2021, 08:33:01 PM »
Nearly every song is great. Even the couple that aren't are still good, and I am with ya on Excuses. That song rules.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8799 on: March 09, 2021, 08:33:41 PM »
So Called Chaos is an eargasm to me. Songs.  Sonically.   Just a fantastic album.

Never heard it. I'll check it, although you and gasm should never be in the same sentence.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8800 on: March 09, 2021, 08:35:08 PM »
Lol. I just love the album.   Excuses is my favorite song.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8801 on: March 09, 2021, 08:39:45 PM »
I just ran through the first song and Excuses. It's very conflicting for me. It's a long story..

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #8802 on: March 09, 2021, 09:44:33 PM »
Starting my dive into Death. 3 songs into this and absolutely loving it. I bought all of the studio albums in their deluxe format. This would be the remixed version of this album I am listening to. Hoglan and DiGiorgio for the win!

beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online HOF

« Reply #8803 on: March 09, 2021, 10:04:29 PM »
Marillion - Afraid of Sunlight

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8804 on: March 09, 2021, 10:47:49 PM »
Starting my dive into Death. 3 songs into this and absolutely loving it. I bought all of the studio albums in their deluxe format. This would be the remixed version of this album I am listening to. Hoglan and DiGiorgio for the win!

Interestingly, I much prefer the original to the deluxe.  The production was never great on this album but I don't think the redo improved the sound, I think it may sound worse.  Andy smokes on the first half of the album.  Shame he doesn't appear in the second half.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8805 on: March 10, 2021, 12:18:37 AM »

Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #8806 on: March 10, 2021, 03:42:25 AM »

Great album. I'm also on a Death kick at the moment, including listening to their live albums. I'm not sure exactly where I would rank Individual Thought Patterns, but probably top 3 or 4.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8807 on: March 10, 2021, 05:53:19 AM »
Rush - 2112

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8808 on: March 10, 2021, 08:22:15 AM »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #8809 on: March 10, 2021, 08:29:08 AM »

Jeez dude... passive aggressive much?  It's not about being open minded... it's about tastes and preferences.

TASTESTM!!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8810 on: March 10, 2021, 08:30:33 AM »

Jeez dude... passive aggressive much?  It's not about being open minded... it's about tastes and preferences.

TASTESTM!!!

You have a problem with passive aggression but not the unconstructive comment implying the art is so bad he'd blow his own ass out with a shotgun? Now I will admit phrasing it the way I just did makes me laugh, but that is a closeminded comment imo. Weird. I mean yeah he's free to say whatever, but that applies to me too, bud, kind of an odd post to make

anyway

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 08:35:39 AM by The Walrus »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8811 on: March 10, 2021, 09:00:46 AM »

TASTESTM!!!

You have a problem with passive aggression but not the unconstructive comment implying the art is so bad he'd blow his own ass out with a shotgun? Now I will admit phrasing it the way I just did makes me laugh, but that is a closeminded comment imo. Weird. I mean yeah he's free to say whatever, but that applies to me too, bud, kind of an odd post to make

anyway

"Anyway" is right.  I actually was going to add a +1 to Barry's original comment - I thought it was constructively funny  :P.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8812 on: March 10, 2021, 09:06:19 AM »
I realize music without guitars ain't cool, it's okay pops ;)

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8813 on: March 10, 2021, 09:25:39 AM »
Franz Shubert - Symphonies
John 5 - God Told Me To

Offline Bentower

« Reply #8814 on: March 10, 2021, 09:29:27 AM »
Stone - Free
Entombed - Clandestine
Human by Nature (prog-infused psychedelic metal): https://linktr.ee/hbnearth
Our debut album "Eläimys" is a trip I can whole-heartedly recommend to anyone into Pain of Salvation, Opeth, The Mars Volta, Magma etc.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8815 on: March 10, 2021, 10:05:42 AM »

There's loads of non-guitar led music that I love. You DO remember some of the songs I sent in your roulette, don't you? 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8816 on: March 10, 2021, 10:08:59 AM »

There's loads of non-guitar led music that I love. You DO remember some of the songs I sent in your roulette, don't you?

I was kind of hoping the wink would've communicated I was joking dude ESPECIALLY because of the roulettes... have you forgotten who I am or something?? You know I bust balls 24/7

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8817 on: March 10, 2021, 10:42:08 AM »
The Walrus, busting balls with one hand, posting lizards and his hair/beard photos on Facebook with the other since 2021.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8818 on: March 10, 2021, 10:44:00 AM »
The Walrus, busting balls with one hand, posting lizards and his hair/beard photos on Facebook with the other since 2021.

I am living my best life and you don't even know the best part yet  :biggrin: :metal :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8819 on: March 10, 2021, 12:08:56 PM »

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 02:28:10 PM by The Walrus »