News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

What album are you listening to? v.6

Started by bosk1, March 29, 2018, 07:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruba

Leprous - The Congregation
Glassjaw - Worship & Tribute
Autolux - Future Perfect

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Lowdz

Peter Mc

Nekov

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Samsara

twosuitsluke

Quote from: Nekov on September 18, 2018, 01:02:26 PM
Alcest 1-2 punch

I often repeatedly punch myself in the face with these  :hefdaddy
Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

jjrock88

Peter Mc

Quote from: TAC on September 18, 2018, 01:26:21 PM
Quote from: Peter Mc on September 18, 2018, 12:55:19 PM
Unleash The Archers - Apex

I am digging this band big time.

Recent discovery, will dig a bit into earlier albums but first impressions are that this latest one sounds much more polished and crafted with better songs and the singer sounds more in control of her voice.  Hints of Queensryche and Dream Theater in there along with some thrash elements.  Really good guitar playing and solos, singer is the star though for me, amazing voice.

Indiscipline

Podaar

Quote from: Indiscipline on September 19, 2018, 05:58:11 AM
Quote from: ChuckSteak on September 18, 2018, 11:21:02 PM

Great album, most underrated guitarist-songwriter ever, big idol of mine.

I'm more of a Robin Trower fan, but yeah, Gallagher had a really groovy way of bringing the boogie to his compositions.

Samsara

Queensryche - Empire
Queensryche - Promised Land
Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Unleash the Archers - Apex (you guys intrigued me to check this out.)

Ruba

Tool -  Ænima
Leprous - Tall Poppy Syndrome
Glassjaw - Material Control
Jinjer - King of Everything

mike099

Quote from: Ruba on September 19, 2018, 10:02:26 AM
Tool -  Ænima
Leprous - Tall Poppy Syndrome
Glassjaw - Material Control
Jinjer - King of Everything

I am really enjoying TPS along with Bilateral.  The later releases are not clicking yet for me except Congregation.

Lowdz

Quote from: Peter Mc on September 19, 2018, 05:56:46 AM
Quote from: TAC on September 18, 2018, 01:26:21 PM
Quote from: Peter Mc on September 18, 2018, 12:55:19 PM
Unleash The Archers - Apex

I am digging this band big time.

Recent discovery, will dig a bit into earlier albums but first impressions are that this latest one sounds much more polished and crafted with better songs and the singer sounds more in control of her voice.  Hints of Queensryche and Dream Theater in there along with some thrash elements.  Really good guitar playing and solos, singer is the star though for me, amazing voice.

Pretty easy on the eye for a metal chick too

Big Hath

Train of Naught

Parama? Puppies? Check this out it's awesome?

and @Sacul I checked out Sylva by Snarky Puppy and it was cool but We Like It Here is so much better. Sylva has some of those overly proggy moments IMO and with We Like It Here it all sounds balanced and groovy and shit, I'm loving that album. Also checked Matador by Arms and Sleeper and it's really good!

Crow

Train of Naught

Dystopia Na! - Dweller on the Threshold (artists with ! in their name always rock am i right). Post-metal combined with blackgaze basically, to put it simply

Crow

it's on the list now

looks a billion years long tho lol

jjrock88

Ruba

Quote from: mike099 on September 19, 2018, 11:16:52 AM
I am really enjoying TPS along with Bilateral.

Bilateral is amazing. :tup :metal I liked Tall Poppy Syndrome, but I think they hadn't quite hit their stride yet.

jjrock88

Samsara

Fifth Angel - The Third Secret
Slash (feat. Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators) - Living the Dream
Tommy B - assorted tracks

Peter Mc

How's the Slash album? I've enjoyed the previous 3 but the two singles sound a little Slash/Myles by numbers to me, it's not making me want to rush out and buy the album.

Sacul

Quote from: Train of Naught on September 19, 2018, 11:31:50 PM
and @Sacul I checked out Sylva by Snarky Puppy and it was cool but We Like It Here is so much better. Sylva has some of those overly proggy moments IMO and with We Like It Here it all sounds balanced and groovy and shit, I'm loving that album. Also checked Matador by Arms and Sleeper and it's really good!
Yeah Sylva is interesting at least since it's with an orchestra, but not nearly as fun as We Like it Here. Matador's really nice, glad you liked it :metal

jjrock88

Judas Priest- Firepower

Iron Maiden- Best of B Sides

Zydar

Lowdz

Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet

Jason Becker - Perpetual Burn

Twisted Sister - You CantStop Rock n Roll

KISS - Creatures of the Night, MTV Unplugged

ChuckSteak